Bldg Management Employee Reviews

Inhumane working environment
Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2018
Literally one of the most hostile, abusive environments I have ever worked in. SVP is a psychotic, paranoid, micromanaging bully. The employees scream, fight with, and insult each other every chance they can. Your boss will scream at you, insult you, starve you, hold you hostage in her office for hours upon hours, gossip about you with your co-workers, and attempt to gaslight you at every turn in an effort to boost her own non-existent self esteem.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Everything about working in this place is beyond awful, except the insurance benefits
Internship
Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhatten, New YorkMay 22, 2018
I had no previous experience in the development side of property management. Throughout the summer I learned tremendously and feel comfortable now in that department.
Pros
Coworkers are very patient and helpful
Relaxed work environment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
As long as you get your work done nobody really bothers you.
The only problem I have is the raises aren't very good. But the team aspect of the company is awesome, everyone helps everyone
Pretty nice co-workers and residents
Lead Handyman (Current Employee) –  333E 49th Street New York NYApril 1, 2018
I will come in to work, waiting for me, request forms, job duties, requested by superintendent, like paint boiler room, epoxy, floor in elevator rooms, insulate condensate piping in basement, snake bathtub drains etc. Did not learn nothing new, the things i do there i already knew them, management are very rude and with attitude, workplace awesome good co-workers, specially in that building HVAC unit maintenance and Preventive maintenance and repairs where the only a bit time consuming jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job was repairing and prepare apartment units for upcoming new residents, future renters because i use all my skills to prepare them, and use time and detailing properly is like magic when i finish the apartment units. I love my Profession, i love to keep doing what i do it is my passion.
Pros
healthcare, end of year bonus, vacation pay, sick days pay
Best Property Management Company in Denver
Director of Tactical Operation (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2018
BLDG Managment in Denver, CO is an amazing place to work. The culture is fun, fast paced, and focuses on promoting from within and the Journey to Greatness. I was surprised to see negative reviews on this site and then realized they were for a different BLDG based in New York.
Pros
Good management and growth opportunities
Cons
Fast-paced, lean staff
Extremely hostile environment to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Management constantly verbally abuse and harass employees. The company has a high employee rotation rate due to high stress, overwork, low wages and lack of advancement for women.
Pros
Great health insurance coverage - The best you will ever have.
Cons
Glass Ceiling, low life expectancy, you will die young.
productive
DOORMAN/CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2018
• Project an approachable and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor.
• Ensure building security and safety for tenants including guest sign-in (check identification, call tenant to announce person/s that are visiting and/or delivering, etc.)
Great & Friendly
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 11, 2017
Bldg management is a great place to start your carrier, people are really friendly and nice, You feel welcomed! You get to start your experience there and learn many new things that can help you later in the future!
Interesting work but slow work days
Assistant to Director of Real Estate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
I didn't have a lot of responsibility because I wasn't skilled enough. The work that i did get was menial but useful to know.
Pros
Good pay for internship
Cons
Work was slow and not very substantial
great place to work good benafits
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 14, 2017
work is good some times hard some times slow, great health insurances.
but u will spend at list 9 hours at work plus how much time you will spend going to work and back for me it took 2 hour so 11 hours i was not home
Concierge
Concierge (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2015
ON the daily basis you deal with people who make big money. You have to have approach to everyone just because its your job. Overall very easy job where most people are being super nice.
a very luxury buiding
Doorman, Concierge, Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2012
A typical day at work is diffe-
rent each day.Some days are ve-
ry good,some days are not bad.I
learned what important is to res-
pect other people and treat them
very polite, no matter how they
treat you back. The relation with
my co-workers was very especial,
with respect and many laught.The
hardest part of the job:dealing
with unrespectable tenants. The
most enjoyable part:christmas time.
Pros
working without pressure
Cons
working in snow time