Bleacher Report Employee Reviews

Sports
SPORTS WRITER (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 25, 2019
I wrote columns about WWE for this website and was not given a lot of freedom in my writing. I would have liked to write for them a little while longer but we had a disagreement which ended my work.
Company going through many changes
Senior Manager, Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Lacking leadership and direction.
Huge investments in social but abandoned other departments (editorial and video).
Great place for people early in their career from a visibility standpoint, but no HR presence and no development of employees.
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
lacking leadership and office culture
Fantastic company
Content Strategist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2018
Bleacher Report is one of the best run companies out there. The leadership at the top is smart, capable, and they care about their employees.

It's a fast environment and you have to be smart enough and hard-working enough to keep up, but if you do then you will be rewarded and your value will be acknowledged.
Fun Work Atmosphere with lots of games!
Sales department (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day at Bleacher Report in the Sales Department is definitely a fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job is the number of projects taken on by smaller teams, but has great culture. Everyone is extremely friendly and willing to help one another.
Great Job Culture, but Lack of Growth/Management Issues
Social Media Programmer II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Working at Bleacher Report was a great stage in my career. Days were mixed with hard work and enjoyment with co-workers (i.e. playing basketball, video games and drinking beers and watching TV). I learned a lot about social media, management, great workplace culture and communication skills. The management was good in certain ways and difficult in other ways, partly because of two main offices. The issues with management was their ability to connect with co-workers and show them a plan of how/when they could grow in the organization. They motivated well in the short-term, but long-term wasn't always there. The workplace culture is amazing. Very friendly co-workers and lots of fun after work hours. The hardest part of the job was not being about to see the future with individual careers and how to elevate your daily duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is all of my co-workers, because of the great personalities and the common bond of sports we all have.
Pros
Free lunches, Pto, Health/Financial benefits, workplace culture, swag, office
Cons
Need longer lunch breaks, growth of career, connection with higher ups, notice of future changes in the organization
Don't get your hopes up
Content Programmer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Bleacher Report almost offensively prioritizes BS like butt kissing and popularity over things like quality of work, loyalty, and really any other measurable way one would try to be a good employee. Don't show up on time for work? Bad at your job? Just make your manager laugh and you'll be all good.
Fun place if you love sports
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 22, 2017
If you like sports, sports entertainment then this is for you

Fun people who are just as passionate about sports are going to be your coworkers so enjoy your time there

Management is aggressive but in a great way, they will work with you, and not against you
Pros
free lunch, snack bar, beverages, and a basketball court
Cons
temps have no benefits
Video Editor
Assistant Video Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
Very Tough news room but you learned on the go. They teach you how to highlight games for the college football season as well as the NFL.
Flexible
Contributing Writer (Current Employee) –  SF, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Flexible... I can write as much as much as I want about the topics and sports that I am interested in. It is very satisfying to see something that I have composed appear on their site.
Fun Company but No Direction
Senior Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Bleacher Report is a great company to work for if you don't care about long hours and revolving your life around the job. It's easy to move up if you show initiative but with the tough atmosphere of selling digital media, this year is going to be a huge wakeup call at Bleacher Report and for those who can't make a decision on what will work in the digital space.
Fantastic
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2017
A warm working environment that keeps up with current trends well. The managers are very competent and encouraging and everyone seems to really enjoy working there.
Pros
Great break room, happy environment, cool projects
IF your a guy, you'll suceed
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2017
A lot of sexism and very few women creatives who are not doing administrative work. I worked in their video department and had a hard time selling my ideas and excelling in that kind of environment.

It was a good time though, beer, kegs, etc. Very cook start up culture.
great experience
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2016
great reliable company, amazing staff. duties included hair and make-up for hosts and guests of Bleacher Report including NFL, and live streams for e sports. Staff is incredible and so lovely to work with . I have nothing negative to say in regards to my working with bleacher Report, I am freelance makeup and hair for all LA bleacher report tapings.
Fine. My choice to leave.
Producer/Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
The work was not suited to me or my strengths so I chose to leave. But the people there were professional and hard working. It just wasn't for me.
Great to be a part of
Featured Columnist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2016
Bleacher Report is an excellent website and it's a great feeling to be part of the team. It's tough to make a full-time job out of it, if not impossible, and the assignments and publishing deadlines can be pretty demanding.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Limited pay
How long can we live for this?
On-Air Graphics Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Cons include a vast array of dishonesty, an imbalance of power & pay rate, and an overall mess when it comes to management and direction. Their is no sense of balance between the management and the staff doing the work. Because of this there is a lot of deception given to the employees, and with the deception comes lies and abuse. A lot of the misdirection by the management comes primarily by the poor choice in s…
Pros
Pros for those who love tourture
Cons
Just not a good idea
Jay Clemons
Lead Fantasy Writer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2015
An excellent remote-work environment. In fact, I would be open to returning to Bleacher Report -- given my strong relationship with managing editor Mark Smoyer.
Bleacher Report
Intern (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 24, 2015
The internship was a solid way to get experience writing in sports. The position allows you to write across all areas of sports and the internship allows a person to take control of what they want to write about.
Freedom to create and produce content, tough to advance
Featured Columnist (Former Employee) –  At HomeMay 19, 2015
Bleacher Report gave me a chance to really hone my writing skills in the field of sports, and the creativity to produce my own content with my own opinions. However, I did not feel that I would have the chance to make a comfortable living in the foreseeable future even after regular writing over the course of three years, so I decided to make a chance.
Pros
Creativity, large audience, editors
Cons
Ability to grow within the company
good
production assistant (Current Employee) –  NYCMarch 24, 2015
i like it, fun place and good people to work with. The work is good and I feel that i am contributing to the company. Good hours and great location also.