Blessing Health System Employee Reviews

ER Management is terrible
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 18, 2019
ER management is terrible. Huge turnovers. Upper management will do nothing about it. Favortism and very disrespectful. Manager has no respect for her employees. Always nagging and knit picking at them. You are made to feel like you are walking on pins and needles. Most traveling nurses hate it there. There is a huge turnover and Blessing is losing a lot of good employees due to poor management.
Do not hire list
Denman linen (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 30, 2019
Don’t honk it’s write if you leave for a medical reason and they slap you on the do not hire when it was medically necessary to do so for your health. Then sadly find out they put you on do not hire when it’s not your fault. Also doesn’t give fair chances to anyone. Very Clicky. Sad for a good company to be like that and NOT give equal Opportunity
Love my job at Blessing Health Systems
Tray Line Assistant and Pots & Pans (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 30, 2019
Love my job at Blessing Health System. I work with good people and I enjoy coming into work. The hardest part of the job is when you get a few that don't want to work or always call in. The people are all friendly. I enjoy coming into work every day
Could be a good place to work
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 28, 2019
There is potential in the hospital for great things. But the management team is bad. The wages are bad and they work you to death. Expect way to much for what they offer in return. If they focused more on their employees and a little less on money brought in it might be ok.
Cleaning floors and schedule's
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 20, 2019
Great place to work, didn't like hours. I left for better pay and day hours. Would go back to work there if I was giving the chance. The employees were very easy to get along with.
Excellent
COTA/L Full Time (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 2, 2019
I currently work at Blessing and do not plan to leave. Blessing has excellent benefits, They believe in work life balance. It can be stressful as we are dealing with sick/ dying patients and their families.
October 9, 2019

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your career at Blessing. We appreciate you taking the time to share with others your experience. We will be sure to share your review with our team.

EVS Technician (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 23, 2019
They are team orientated. Stress safety. They provide working uniforms. They have a very good Health Plan. They also have a very good Savings Plan. Everyone is very friendly.
Pros
Free 60.00 dollars every mo. for food
Cons
You on your feet most of the time.
October 9, 2019

Hello, thank you so much for your positive comments about Blessing. We appreciate the time you took to leave us review. Thank you!

Working at blessing was a good experience and it helped me gain more knowledge of healthcare and customer service.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 20, 2019
Hostessing taught me a lot about how to care for and treat patients. Seeing the help that the patients needed helped me understand my job more clearly.
Pros
Experience, paid time off, supervisor.
Cons
Busy rush hour.
October 9, 2019

Hello, thank you for your high rating and feedback! We appreciate the time you took to leave us review.

Good
Surgical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 10, 2019
It was alright at first. But I believe the amount of stress and commitment you put into a place of business should be compensated fairly. I loved working with the pateints, but I also have bills to pay
September 27, 2019

We appreciate your time to leave a review about your work experience at Blessing. We are always looking at ways to improve and will share this with the Human Resources team to help make improvements moving forward.

Food service, Retail Lead.
Retail Lead (Former Employee) –  Quincy, IL 62301September 10, 2019
People are friendly, training is very hands on but that’s a good thing. Learn more that way. Management was the best, one on one meeting , group huddles on sanitation, and group recognition and safety meetings as well. Great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, Christmas parties, meeting good people to work with.
Cons
There’s those holidays, but say you worked Christmas last year, this year you be home for Christmas.
September 27, 2019

Thank you so much for your positive comments about your experience at Blessing! We will be sure to pass them along to our team.

Mid management is incompetent upper management is out touch with how things are at bottom level.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILAugust 31, 2019
I was lied to and discriminated against very shallow personality by a lot of its employees especially mid management you have to watch your back or you will be busy pulling daggers out.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Upper management is out of touch with how things are at entry level, i was lied to more than once and discriminated this is by company who motto is about care.
September 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. We appreciate all feedback and share it with our teams to help inform our decisions and make improvements moving forward.

Everyone greets you with a smile
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 27, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my job in my opinion is sticking babies in the nursery. Most of the phlebotomists are enjoyable to work with. The Lab management is the best!
August 29, 2019

Hello Anonymous, Thank you for your positive review of Blessing Corporate System.

Productive place to work, gainful skill set
Inpatient Discharge planner (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 29, 2019
Generally productive work days. Day to day task vary.
But outcome goal is the same for each day. Its a great team of co-workers to work with.
 Provide Care Management services to eligible patients, such as meeting individuals needs identified in the psychosocial and medical assessments and assist with discharge planning.
 Access and make referrals to community based resources and care providers
 Coordinate and collaborate with other health care providers to coordinate care and services for patients
 Review and complete advance directives with patients and families
 Arrange home health, hospice, nursing home placement and durable medical equipment prior to discharge
July 2, 2019

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience with Blessing, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your work. Have a nice day!

Productive and fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 24, 2019
Productive and fun workplace..Very fast pace depending on what shift you are. There’s always something to do..Always room for an upgrade in a career...
June 27, 2019

We appreciate you taking time to tell us about your positive experience while working at Blessing. Employee engagement is something we strongly focus on and will share your feedback with the team.

I am proud of and Love being apart of the community of Blessing Health System
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 7, 2019
I am proud of and Love being apart of the community of Blessing Health System. Great bonuses and incentives. Love people so have a wide range of ethnic backgrounds to use my passion and heart for.
June 20, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments about your career at Blessing.

Blessing Hospital
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 6, 2019
Blessing Hospital is a close knit working environment and are full of employees dedicated to the care of each other as well as excellent customer care. Hardest part of the job would be stressful situations. It is a large hospital so most jobs needed to be done in a timely manner with a good quality of work.
Pros
Excellent people to work with
Cons
Can get stressful at times
June 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on Indeed. We appreciate your comments and will share them with the team.

Fun
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 16, 2019
Good job. Multiple levels if work. Good company to work for teach you great communication skills. Care about employees. Great staff to work with. Highly recommended.
May 19, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we will be sure to share your feedback with our team. Have a nice day!

Enjoyed working for Blessing
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILApril 9, 2019
I really enjoyed working for Blessing. There was room for advancement and we were encouraged to do so. Blessing employees are the kindest, hardest working employees!
April 25, 2019

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Blessing Health System. We will share your feedback with our team. - Blessing Digital Team

Very hard and stessful work, not appreciated by the managers.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILApril 1, 2019
All nurses and staff worked together as a team. Was able to call other floors to help when we had a patient act out, and of course we called a code purple,when things really got out of control.
Pros
Nurses, having a meal break. Feeling like you connected with a patient.
Cons
Management, short staffed, putting more on a staff member then she had time to do.
April 25, 2019

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and will share with our Blessing leadership team. - Blessing Digital Team

Great place to learn
Pharmacy Student Rotation (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 24, 2019
Pharmacy dept is awesome. hospital is clean. people are patient. I was just a student intern so that is all I have to say. But, I wish I worked there permanently
Pros
nice staff
Cons
not sure
June 27, 2019

Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blessing Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight