Blinds To Go Employee Reviews

Featured review
Blinds To Go selected this as a representative review
excellent company culture with lots of growth potential for hard working upbeat individuals
Design Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 15, 2019
From the first day I interviewed, through training and then working in stores, every person was helpful, supportive and friendly. The store training was intense but you learn so much and then quickly feel a sense of progress and growth as you start helping customers. There is a strong sense of teamwork and support, which gives you the confidence you need to interact with the customers. Consistent feedback from your teammates helps to make you better.
Pros
supportive, teamwork, fun working with customers, days go quickly.
Cons
working weekends, long hours on your feet
Fun environment and great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  MontrealMarch 5, 2019
I have worked with Blinds to Go for several years, and I have found my employment to be very rewarding and full of opportunities to grow. Everyday is a new challenge and a solid foundation for learning.
Pros
Stable, rewarding
Career growth!
Sales and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 20, 2019
I started at Blinds To Go right after graduating college. I wanted a place that I would be able to grow into a leadership position. Blinds To Go allowed me to grow and continue to grow today through the constant mentorship of everyone in the company. The support you get is amazing and through feedback and direction it allows you to build a long lasting career. Along with my own development in the company now I am in the position to help develop others into the roles they desire. I really appreciate that the company invests in each and every person.
Pros
Growth, mentoring, entrepreneurship, benefits
Cons
Work weekends and long hours
Great workplace culture!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2019
You work in a fun and growth environment.Everyone is hired full time and each store has a team of 4 to 8 people. Everyone gets feedback including managers. The team really care and support each other.You also get recognised for your accomplishments in awards, bonuses etc. What keeps me with BTG is the fact that you grow at your own pace. There is lots of room for career advancement and have dedicated managers that will push you to get to your goal.
One cool thing about BTG is that you get Family Time off. The company shuts down from December 24th to January 2nd for you to spend time with your family.
Pros
Career advancement opportunities
Cons
Working until 7pm
The culture and people are key
Sales and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2019
I joined BTG for its unique management trainee program. I wanted to join a place where I could work my way up through leadership at my own pace. The hands on training, development, and feedback is what really caught my eye. The open communication throughout the company is something I had not seen before in previous jobs. Someone is there to help you no matter what time or what day it is. I always feel like my opinion matters here. Being here for almost 7 years now is due to the people in this company really caring about my development and all the investment all my managers have put in to me. Each year I grow and am being challenged to the next step. Hard work and pushing yourself allows you to move up very quickly in the program. All the feedback I have received throughout the years has led me to my current goal to reach general management of a specific market. Coming into work everyday helping the next generation of managers get to their goals is so fulfilling.
Pros
On the job hands on training, promote from within, developing real life skills
Cons
Working every weekend, hope to have a rotating weekend schedule in the future
growth and career opportunity
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 18, 2019
I have learned so much professionally and personally from this company. They truly invest in your career and push you to make positive changes in your career. Your hard work definitely pays off here.
Pros
growth, career, family oriented environment
Cons
A company with a great culture and plenty of room for growth
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 15, 2019
As a Design consultant I worked 8 hour days with 2 days off a week, I found that to be normal for a sales job. Before starting in the store the company does a 1 week training to go over products , company history, and customer service expectations. The team I worked with did a great job at making me feel like I was part of the team from day 1 and guiding me to becoming a great sales person. The hardest part of the job was working weekends and the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with. The company is big on feedback which helped me become a better employee. Over all I enjoyed my time as a design consultant at blinds to go.
Pros
culture and family week (off for 1 week during the holidays )
Cons
retail hour and having to work weekends
Great culture and commitment to employee's development
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 13, 2019
Blinds to Go has a strong culture focused on feedback and employee development. Employees who want to grow and are self-motivated do very well. They also focus on team players for the store positions.
Pros
Management, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Retail Hours
Chaotic
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYJanuary 28, 2019
Trying to get promoted is difficult if you get stuck with a manager who has never promoted anyone, who also has poor communication skills and relationship building. I felt the manager with selfish and controlling. But when asked for guidance, the manager was unable to clearly communicate the necessary steps to get promoted.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Unstructured breaks and selfish Managers
Such a terrible environment
Manager Trainee Intern (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 15, 2019
At first I had one interview. Then I had two interviews over Skype. I received an offer of employment. I went in to take my drug test and do a background check Halfway through just talking the lady that interviewed me stopped it in told me she was not impressed with me anymore. She was very rude. The office that I went into you looked like the back of a convenience store very unprofessional looking. I do have a stutter. And I am sure that that is what made her change her mind. Not to mention they made the cross the bridge into Philly costing me money. She kept saying they hold them selves to such high standards. But everyone who works there looks like they hate themselves and make a sad the back room and her office is so terrible looking.
Pros
Cons
Dirty
manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJanuary 8, 2019
Helping customers to figure out what product suits their needs is fun and exciting. Work is based off hourly pay and commission which is great. Management is helping to build up a team at the store and work with a variety of different personalities.
Very productive work enviornment with great and positive energy
Warehouse Associate (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 4, 2019
A typical day of work at Blinds to Go is very busy and fast paced. Working at Blinds to Go I have learned how to work as a team with many different people. The management is very organized and strict, which creates the perfect workspace experience in which one can gain a sense of responsibility and build work ethic. There are a variety of cultures at Blinds to Go that one can have a different social experience with and many things to learn from. The job, sometimes, can be somewhat overwhelming. the hardest part of the job, in ones opinion, may be assembling the blinds, but once one has gotten the hang of it, its very easy and can be a fun challenge. The most enjoyable part of working at Blinds to Go is working with the people who come from all over and who have different backgrounds.
not good
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2018
manager used fear to get results , if you didn't tell her your personal business you weren't being open enough not a great experience no good no good no good
Fun work place
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Blinds to go is a very warm and vibrant environment, with a mixture of different cultures.
A fun place to work with different activities each week such as ice cream days, BBQs
day and life at blinds to go
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAAugust 29, 2018
slow pace, demanding team, standing up for hours with just a half hour break, 10 hour days. Management was terrible. work place culture treated people like slaves. most enjoyable part was getting off to go home which wasn't always on time. i learned to never be tricked into a position again i applied for management position but was tricked into a sales position which they called design consultant.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Short breaks, treated poorly, unappreciated
Productive working environment.
Head Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJuly 11, 2018
I would get there 45 mins. to an hour before opening setup the store for business. I would meet with customers to listen to there needs and desire for window treatments and I would meet those needs within budget. I loved meeting new people and building a rapport. Seeing satisfaction on my customers face always made my day. I didn't have a manager at this location but I was acting manager which was disappointing but my co-workers made it very enjoyable.
Pros
The enjoyment of working with new people
Cons
Lack of management support
they have a ping pong table in rhe cafeteria people go and play in the break time. They have also music playing during the day.
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 2, 2018
I started working in the company in 2013 after graduating from high school.
The company has a very varied culture, works people from all over the world. The work schedule is depending on the production of the day. In the months of January to March it is rather weak and leaves early but in the summer months we work 10 hours 5 or 6 days. The horary is somewhat difficult to work every Sunday. You have a better chance of getting into a position of charge if that is your area of work.
Pros
in somes festival days they do a picnic for all employees
Cons
the need of work every single Sunday
design consultant
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 2, 2018
fairly simple job. different type of retail because it is all custom. It is not like a furniture company where you are always trying to force something on a customer. it is a strictly needs-based type of sales so customers feel more comfortable buying from you. Loved it here
Pros
growth oriented, no unnecessary pressure from managers, team environment
Cons
retail hours
design consultant/interim manager
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 2, 2018
really glad I took a chance with this company. They really do invest in you and push you outside of your comfort zone. I was not easy but I learned a lot about myself. The teams here are amazing; everyone cares and it is not a cutthroat sales environment! very excited about my future here
Pros
team focused, not salesy, every easy going leadership
Cons
on your feet a lot but it is expected when in retail
team environment
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 22, 2018
when I joined I was a little nervous because I have never been in this type of retail before. However, the team I joined really made feel comfortable. The manager also trained me very well. That is how it was every store I went to
Pros
family-oriented, great leadership, growth opportunities
Cons
hours can be taxing
good place to start and grow
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 18, 2018
The company has built an environment that really fosters growth. It is a very open and family oriented company so you work with some really great people. Managers really care and try to help everyone grow. loved working here and only left because I moved
Pros
career environment, hands-on management, good culture
Cons
retail hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blinds To Go. Our community is ready to answer.