Blinds To Go Culture reviews

Featured review
Blinds To Go selected this as a representative review
Great place for growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJApril 11, 2019
I started working here after I graduated college. It was important to me that I found a career that had growth opportunities. I’m very happy I chose Blinds To Go. They really invest the time and effort into growing their employees. It is a great team environment where everyone wants to see you succeed.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Working weekends
excellent company culture with lots of growth potential for hard working upbeat individuals
Design Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 15, 2019
From the first day I interviewed, through training and then working in stores, every person was helpful, supportive and friendly. The store training was intense but you learn so much and then quickly feel a sense of progress and growth as you start helping customers. There is a strong sense of teamwork and support, which gives you the confidence you need to interact with the customers. Consistent feedback from your teammates helps to make you better.
Pros
supportive, teamwork, fun working with customers, days go quickly.
Cons
working weekends, long hours on your feet
A company with a great culture and plenty of room for growth
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 15, 2019
As a Design consultant I worked 8 hour days with 2 days off a week, I found that to be normal for a sales job. Before starting in the store the company does a 1 week training to go over products , company history, and customer service expectations. The team I worked with did a great job at making me feel like I was part of the team from day 1 and guiding me to becoming a great sales person. The hardest part of the job was working weekends and the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with. The company is big on feedback which helped me become a better employee. Over all I enjoyed my time as a design consultant at blinds to go.
Pros
culture and family week (off for 1 week during the holidays )
Cons
retail hour and having to work weekends
Great culture and commitment to employee's development
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 13, 2019
Blinds to Go has a strong culture focused on feedback and employee development. Employees who want to grow and are self-motivated do very well. They also focus on team players for the store positions.
Pros
Management, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Retail Hours
Very productive work enviornment with great and positive energy
Warehouse Associate (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 4, 2019
A typical day of work at Blinds to Go is very busy and fast paced. Working at Blinds to Go I have learned how to work as a team with many different people. The management is very organized and strict, which creates the perfect workspace experience in which one can gain a sense of responsibility and build work ethic. There are a variety of cultures at Blinds to Go that one can have a different social experience with and many things to learn from. The job, sometimes, can be somewhat overwhelming. the hardest part of the job, in ones opinion, may be assembling the blinds, but once one has gotten the hang of it, its very easy and can be a fun challenge. The most enjoyable part of working at Blinds to Go is working with the people who come from all over and who have different backgrounds.
Fun work place
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Blinds to go is a very warm and vibrant environment, with a mixture of different cultures.
A fun place to work with different activities each week such as ice cream days, BBQs
day and life at blinds to go
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAAugust 29, 2018
slow pace, demanding team, standing up for hours with just a half hour break, 10 hour days. Management was terrible. work place culture treated people like slaves. most enjoyable part was getting off to go home which wasn't always on time. i learned to never be tricked into a position again i applied for management position but was tricked into a sales position which they called design consultant.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Short breaks, treated poorly, unappreciated
they have a ping pong table in rhe cafeteria people go and play in the break time. They have also music playing during the day.
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 2, 2018
I started working in the company in 2013 after graduating from high school.
The company has a very varied culture, works people from all over the world. The work schedule is depending on the production of the day. In the months of January to March it is rather weak and leaves early but in the summer months we work 10 hours 5 or 6 days. The horary is somewhat difficult to work every Sunday. You have a better chance of getting into a position of charge if that is your area of work.
Pros
in somes festival days they do a picnic for all employees
Cons
the need of work every single Sunday
good place to start and grow
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 18, 2018
The company has built an environment that really fosters growth. It is a very open and family oriented company so you work with some really great people. Managers really care and try to help everyone grow. loved working here and only left because I moved
Pros
career environment, hands-on management, good culture
Cons
retail hours
career focused environment
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 24, 2018
This company has built a great culture and environment. It really provides a good foundation for you to grow. Stay open-minded, work hard and you will grow here.
Pros
growth opportunities, benefits, team members
Cons
retail hours
Great Place to have a CAREER
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 7, 2018
i have been with this company for almost 10 years now and can't say enough about it - the managers and mentors i have had throughout my journey has been top notch; the CEO is caring and WANTS you to succeed so he personally pushes you to get results and grow professionally and personally; the culture and overall foundation of the company is like no other in the world - everyone cares and wants to help you get to your goals you just have to want to work hard for them. Things will only happen if you work hard for them. Lots of room for growth within the company as well.
Pros
teaches you a lot about yourself; great benefits; happy work environment
We were not managed very well becasue of our location
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYFebruary 6, 2018
I loved sales and helping people. There was no pressure. Selling window treatments was a great experience. I loved it. We had a variety of products and it made it easy to help people with their needs.
Pros
No pressure sales
Cons
Not great benefits
Great Career Move!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 2, 2017
Stated working for Blinds To Go right out of college. Was looking for a place that would teach me how to be an entrepreneur. This company gives you individualized training for your own personal growth. I joined as a Manager trainee and with the help of the managers, teams and corporate people I was able to grow quickly and continue to climb. I have learned how to be a successful leader in every aspect of my life thanks to the guidance of the Blinds To Go family.
Pros
Career growth! Supportive teams! Great Benefits!
Cons
Retail hours
Great place to learn and grow
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 27, 2017
Blinds to go is a great place to grow as a person. They are invested in their employees, and that's why I chose to come on board. The training process is interactive and fun. They have a week where you really learn the culture and you even get to go to the factory and see how the products are made. They are interested in your personal and professional goals and do what they can to help you achieve them. Overall I would recommend anyone to work at Blinds To Go!!! 💯
Pros
Flexible schedule, family week
Cons
Short staffed, commission not the best
You get what you put it
Design Consultant-Management Trainee-Corporate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 15, 2017
The company has a very open culture and feedback driven. It is not for everyone; however, management is very clear on what you need to do in order to be successful. Learned a lot as a management trainee and grew at my own pace. Never felt any pressure and I never felt confused or unsure about where I stood in the company. As far as the hours, it is retail so you work long hours at times.
Pros
Growth, hands-on managers
productive and fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 1, 2017
typical day at work is getting your daily tasks finished. You learn how to work well with others management is fun and understands your needs the hardest part about your day is starting your day
productive place
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJanuary 6, 2017
consult customer on different products.
how to work well with different types of clients
very supportive
very helpful
friendly environment
Very good place to improve yourself
Senior Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2016
Company culture is very positive!!! They try to help you improve yourself not only as a salesperson but as a person in general. They teach you lessons that will help you not only in the workplace but in life itself.
Pros
Very positive workplace
Cons
Standing majority of the time
Sales into management
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 18, 2016
Training is provided at BTG University. Has many promises of being a manager but daily required feedback is excessive. Small sales environment with one on one interactions.
sales, retail hours
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 18, 2014
Good company to work for they have an upside down triangle culture meaning everyone started off in the showroom as a design consultant. Its a good way to get to know the customer base.
Pros
great people to work with, pay weekly
Cons
no work life balance, must work weekends
Operator (Current Employee) –  1800 CEDAR BRIDGE AVENUE LAKEWOOD, NJ 08701September 12, 2013
blinds to go invest time to carefully help get on-board the new team member so they become part of the culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blinds To Go. Our community is ready to answer.