Blink Fitness logo
Blink Fitness
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100Average

Blink Fitness Employee Reviews

Easy money for students

Working front desk at a gym is exactly what you expect it to be. Manager is always assigning busy work, but it is by no means hard. Coworkers at the Evanston location were awesome and the trainers are genuinely passionate about their work. I would've stayed through college if money wasn't a concern. Manager was flexible about having time off so long as you were not lazy or wasted time on your phone in the bathroom. Overall, great place to work part time.

Pros

Easy work, predictable, and great coworker

Cons

A lot of standing and busy work

Once a great company; marred once the wrong people were brought on.

This used to be a great company where I genuinely enjoyed the organization, the mission, and learned a lot along the way. Things began to change for the worse once the wrong people were hired and the organizational culture nosedived.

Pros

Geniunely struggling to find one. Maybe that great coffee spot down the block?

Cons

Deteriorating office culture, prone to disorganization, low WLB, managers with poor people/leadership skills, below-average pay.

Fun but annoying

Astoria location accepts too many complaints from privileged members. Sometimes you don’t feel safe around members because management rather protect them more then employees.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Lazy condescending management

It was a polemic and unprofessional work environment and janitorial workers get the short end of the stick.

Between the shift in management and the complaceny towards unethical and unprofessional culture in the workplace from corporate, it's a recipe for vast disappointment. As a janitorial worker it was even worst for me. I don't recommend to anyone unless you're going as a physical trainer.

Pros

Little experience required

Cons

Short monitored breaks, suspicion, gossip, favoritism

Great job for someone in college - not long term

First off - let me say I put off ever writing this because i gave Blink Fitness the benefit of the doubt. I started working for blink out of college & gave a lot of time, energy, focus & love to the company because I strongly believed in the morals & values they stood by. I held various roles & slowly began to work up the ladder. I was not supported or appreciated or even acknowledged in ways I should’ve been, people who cared less got promoted & people who kissed upper management’s behinds got prioritized. Looking back on all my efforts - it’s extremely disappointing to have given so many years & time to a company & different management that didn’t truly care or listen to the concerns of employees who genuinely worked hard - the company released me & gave me a separation notice whilst I was trying to inquire about whatever benefits I still had & I reached out to a regional manager who ignored my email. I wanted to believe in the company & wanted to work for BHO eventually - but this company & different managers (upper level or not) will not vouch or even acknowledge you.

Pros

Free Gym membership

Cons

No retirement plans or 401K for entry level, no decent benefits, insufficient pay for cost of living, favoritism is rampant in promotions

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Stressful environment

Upper management in corporate were always looking out for each other and never supported you as a team leader. They would fire people weekly. They have too many rules every month. They don’t give managers full authority of their facilities. Corporate make decisions for managers. Managers are just puppets.

Pros

Cons

Bad upper management

Management is untenable and doesn’t care for none of staff.

Blink fitness is a horrible work place and drama is continually in the environment. No employees clean or do their job. Also with equipment that is broken and never fixed.

Pros

You do nothing

Cons

Low pay. Stressful

Pretty cool place to work

Nice place to work when its not busy and youve finished doing the work you need to do theres a lot of down time. Management really cares about each of their employees

Pros

Holidays pay time and a half free gym membership

Cons

Not much

A good place to start but not stay

They pay minimum wage but it is a demanding job (especially the closing shift) and employees should be fairly compensated for that. Employees skew young because you can't actually support yourself on (just) this...It's also customer-facing, which means you are at the mercy of the members' whims/emotions. I had a good manager who understood that and always stood by us. As with anywhere, your happiness is probably largely dictated by your manager and they are better in some locations than others. Lastly, I think corporate needs to really reassess some of their on-the-ground employee policies to see if they truly reflect the inclusivity their "mission" claims. See: blanket requirements like having all front desk employees stand for 8+ hours.

Pros

Friendly members (for the most part), free membership, great coworkers

Cons

Low pay, bad communication from upper management, no room to advance, high burnout

If you're trying to support yourself, don't get a job at Blink

Sounds like a nice company to work for. Very nice coworkers. Management not easy to work with if you're swapping or changing schedule, even though they advertise flexible schedule. Not the job to get if you're trying to support yourself. It's minimum wage, ($15), but after taxes, you'll barely be able to afford grocery and a subway fare.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Not being allowed to do position, just cleaning for 7+ hours

Jobs at Blink Fitness

See more jobs

Corporate is completely out of touch

The divide between corporate and the floor team in the club, has never been more vast. We are given orders to complete but you can tell no one in Blink Home Office has ever worked a day in the clubs with the tasks they assign us. They want us to thank each person wearing a mask. The same people who curse us out on a regular basis?Blink will tell you you're getting a promotion and leave a carrot dangling in front of you for years before we decide to quit and suddenly they can find a position for you. The budgets are a joke, and the only enjoyable aspects are the other people on the team roughing it out with you in the trenches.

Boring and little room to grow

The personal trainers don't get paid all that well. You can not earn a living training people full time there. It's a budget gym, which means, it's good for the members but at the cost of their employee's paychecks. In order to earn a decent amount of money, you have to try the impossible at the cost of your mental being. I don't recommend it for personal trainer.

Pros

Free access to all the gyms

Cons

You can not bring a guest

Difficult to feel happy and accomplished working for blink

This company provides very little room for job advancement, security or happiness. They are a machine that takes in staff works them until they burn out then discards them.

Underpaid, Unprofessional

The Front Desk/Maintenance were required to complete many tasks (which now with COVID has doubled up). The ACM’s responsibilities are the exact same as an Front Desk/Maintenance, cleaning all shift and handling all the tasks that the Club Manager should be handling, so pretty much ACM runs the gym and deals with all the tasks but Club Manager takes the credit. Philosophy—“Everybody Cleans.” but club manager never does. The company really needs to look into who is running the business and how. There’s so many things covered up, such as lack of respect for the employees, inappropriate humor in the workplace such as comments or jokes (regarding employees or members), there’s so much more to state

Cons

Lack of Management

Good starting place, not enough pay and poor management

I can start with the pros of the job. The hours at Blink are extremely flexible. You can make very good friends with coworkers, personal trainers, and gym members. The free gym membership is a plus too.And then we have cons, the assistant manager did more work than the club manager, who was not present for a month and then quit. The assistant manager cared more about the well-being of the employees than the manager and regional manager. The employees are constantly reminded that if they are on their phones, sitting down, wearing a jacket during 28-degree weather (true experience), etc. then they will be written up. Not to mention that the minimum wage compared to the amount of work they expect is unbalanced.

Pros

Coworkers, Flexible Hours

Cons

Hourly wage, management, short breaks

worst job I've ever had, and I've worked in multiple warehouses

management is awful. they expect too much for too little pay. management is impersonal and micromanaging, at the same time. co-workers were great, however, every single coworker i had when i started is quitting. do not work here.

Pros

coworkers

Cons

literally everything else

Mediocre job if you have no prior work experience or need a part-time job during college

Only take on this job if you are desperate for employment. Management tends to ignore staff in pursuit of good customer service. There are often times where you are required to take responsibilities of management at the drop of a dime. The gym members are seen as holy figures and they are never at fault.

Pros

Friendly coworkers, free gym

Cons

Incompetent management, Horrible pay, Be able to do tasks not in job description

Ok entry level Job

Blink is an ok company to work for depending what region you're in. Unfortunately, I'm in a region that thrives off of affinity biases. No matter how hard you work, you will never advance.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, Fun staff

Cons

no room for growth, low pay and micromanagment

Good starting place

This is a good place to work if you don’t have any other job experience. You get customer service experience and you can make a few good friends. It’s not stressful at all and the job is pretty straightforward.

Pros

Nice Managers, Flexible Schedule

Cons

Pay

Everyone gets along often

A typical day at work varies. Sometimes, it can be really slow and other days, It can get busy. I learned that I shouldn't settle. Management is lackluster. They only help when it's busy. Workplace culture is toxic.Hardest part of the job is getting the energy to come in. I don't enjoy it.

Pros

Friendly people to work with

Cons

Short breaks, annoying managers, inconsistent work effort.

An okay place to work

Convenient location, good members. Anyone above the general manager takes advantage of you, they make you feel little. They don’t appreciate your work. They ignore basic human rights complaints. They ignore violent employees.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

You’re lied to a lot. Corporate doesn’t care for you and Human Resources doesn’t take you serious.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blink Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Blink Fitness with