Blink Fitness
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Blink Fitness Employee Reviews

United States260 reviews
BLINK is all about diversity and giving back to the community .

Friendliness

Cleanliness

and the philosophy being that everyone cleans.

Everyday there's something new and you're always meeting new people from ALL over the world.
Sometimes new employees tend to be immature and irresponsible. Mostly front end Not personal trainers. Personal trainers are On the floor all the time and are suggestions for a better business model are over looked or ignored.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Size of building
Blink was a terrible demeaning place to work. The management was the biggest issue (I worked in the Chicago area). They would watch the cameras and if you were even in the bathroom for too long they would call you out. There were cameras in the break room and if you stopped working for any period of time they would also make snarky comments to you. There is no freedom or room to be an actual human. They wanted you to be a robot
Pros
Cons
The Chicago area manager was stuck up and rude
Cheap company no care for employees or patron only intetested in equinox bottom line, employees make minimum wage and is expected to do the work of someone who is being paid a competitive wage, GM $40,000+ / Asst. Mgr. $9.50 hr. Wtf, where is that done, crazy!!!
Cons
I genuinely enjoy working here. As a new hire, I learned things that have to do with my position quickly. The manager is extremely helpful. The associates are all friendly and will help you out. I learned more about equipment and staying in shape. I also got comfortable with handling calls, and setting up schedules for some members that wanted personal training.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The management is non existent. They only care about numbers. They constantly hire people who don't know what they are doing and have no drive to help clients and it makes the whole personal training team look bad. Management doesn't even bother to enforce civility amongst the regular members. Sometimes you have to wait 1+ hours just to use the equipment so your clients will have to suffer even though they are paying a way bigger chunk of money than regular memmbers.
Blink accepted me and my service dog with open arms. They respect me as a worker and a human being. The entire team is so much fun to work with and corporate does what they can to make this job simple for all involved. There are angry members and complaints, but you'll get that everywhere.
Worked for almost two weeks. When I was off the job, I herniated a disk in my back. I continued coming to work at Blink, but found that my tasks resulted in increased pain in my back every day. After mentioning this to the manager, she tried giving me different tasks but made it clear that I was inconveniencing her/not fulfilling my duties due to my injury. I then quit, given the pain I was dealing with. After all this, I needed the money from those shifts to help pay my medical bills. Blink Fitness in Farmingdale NEVER paid me, despite me asking in person multiple times and calling. They even took my address and said they'd mail it to me. That was over two months ago. Have yet to see a check, despite my calls. Terrible management, truly have no regard for their employees.
A typical day consisted of greeting team members upon the start of shift, then scanning in guests for entrance to the gym. Everyone from team members to guest was full of energy and either ready to to work or workout.
Don't work here unless your super desperate and willing to be abused
Manangement se^ually harsses their workers, rude , low pay. Stealing money from customers The list goes on.
Cons
The queens area manager only favors those who suck up to him. You will never get a chance to speak in meetings when he is speaking and he will most definitely interrupt you to get his point across and dismisses your point or values. The job seem to be great at first only to find out the pay is very small compared to the tasks you are given. They will trick you to believe it's not time served to earn an promotion even if you are exceeding all goals but that is not the case. There are little compensation for the things you do out of your own pocket. They give you a hairline budget to work with and expect the best out of your gym or you will be having a conversation with an area manager that does not lift a finger to help. Area managers would sit in the office all day and gossip instead of actually helping, Especially in queens. HR are never involved in any cases with the individuals that are either receiving termination or are being investigated. Good luck getting them yo answer you once you leave.
when we first opened we made it clear we are different. That changed over the years and Blink became like the very next gym. The company CEO and partners made themselves apart of the team. They did not hide behind the computer or phone. If it was one thing that would of made me stay would if they offered more hours. overall the company is great as far as culture.
Most if the time you are doing your job and everyone else's job, if you dare to speak your mind they talk about you and guilt trip you into helping. Schedules changed with little to no notice. Management's to young and in experienced. Mostly college kids or straight out of high school with not work ethic or morals and when they find someone who shines bright and does everything plus more they walk all over them. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
Blink Fitness was a great place to work as I enjoy giving quality customer service in order for then to get what they were looking for.
Pretty good experience there. Very comfortable setting with staff and managers, good job for young people in school or need a part time. Great that you can use the gym for free as an employee
I enjoyed working at Blink. The staff was friendly and we placed customer service first. I wish they wouldn't have such a quick turn over of employees so that we could build stronger teams but the teams I did work with I enjoyed.
My daily job duties was to make sure the gym was always clean , and presentable for customers. Also to be hands on with any machines difficulties, and assist with customer service as well.
Signed up members, cancelled memberships, sold personal trainer packages. Followed health guidelines, kept cleanliness of gym, and bathrooms.

Did money counts, drops into safe and drops into the Business bank account with Assistant manager.
They make sure you are aware that you are replaceable and that they are "at will" employers which means you can go any time for any reason. I loved my job there and a swift change in management resulted in my "career" at Blink to come to a screeching halt. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Hired in at one position, but treated as if another. The responsibilities were unclear at hiring, the training was next to none, and expectations were very unrealistic. There was no integrity in management. I would not recommend anyone to work at the location I did.
A typical day at working at Blink involves a lot of cleaning and helping people. I met a lot of different types of interesting people. The hardest part of the job is trying to help people who don't want to be helped. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blink Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6