Blizzard Entertainment Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great people to work with
Box Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 4, 2018
I have never felt so welcomed on a first day. Staff is very fun to work with, laid back and get the job done.

Everyone loves their job and is very nice to each other. Staff is treated very well. Downside is that it is only part-time.
Pros
Free lunch on event days, stocked kitchen, fun environment.
Cons
part-time, on call.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 2, 2018
I had a great time learning from my peers. Everyone there is friendly and what a great culture to be a part of. The best part of working at Blizzard is the people you work with. Let your inner geek out
Pros
Cons
Pay inst the best
Fun business to work for
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2018
Between Customer Service and Tester, the work place was a very relaxed place of business. Many hours were spent working with customers to bring resolution to their said issues.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities to make more than your base pay
Cons
Mandatory over time in excess can be taxing
Wonderful place to start!
Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 29, 2018
If you love W.O.W. this is definitely the place to work. I loved my job so much when I started. The people I worked with were wonderful, and most of them were really accommodating to my situation. I went here right out of high school and the only reason I left was because the pay didn't meet my needs as an adult trying to move out. Loved every second of the job, just wish they paid more.
Blizzard Ent
Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2018
Typical work day consist of pulling tickets and resolving customers' issue. Tickets are resolved in a timely manner. What I learned was how to work with a team and always ask questions if needed. Management was average I never talked to my team manager because he quit the day I hit the floor. Workplace culture was fun. We all work in a office and talk to each other occasionally on breaks and lunch. Hardest part of the job is having to deal with irate customers who is stubborn to listen to your recommendation. Most enjoyable part of the job would working at the cube and listening to music or podcast while resolving tickets.
Pros
relaxed work enviroment
Cons
underpaid, no career advancement
Great place but depends on which team/dept
Localization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 2, 2018
I think the department I was in was just bad. Bad upper management who gossips and tells other staffs compensation...he just didn’t know how to actually guide the department as a whole. The rest of Blizzard has many intelligent and hard working people. I love the company and projects we work on but I guess the department just didn’t work for me.
Overall Good Experience
CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2018
From an Overall perspective working in the Customer Support department at Blizzard was a good experience. I appreciated the day-to-day interactions that I had with the leadership, and my peers. Like many places, you will get out of it what you put into it.
Great work place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 25, 2018
Blizzard Entertainment is a great place to work, and I would recommend it for anyone (entry level to senior level). The company takes time and listen to employee feedback as it does with player feedback, and that's huge.
Pros
Excellent benefits, company cultures
Cons
Salary can be more competitive
Love it
Billing and Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2018
Loved my time with Blizzard and my Blizzard family. They treated us great. I was sad to leave but life happens and it happened here so It was time to move on
Great company HORRIBLE employer
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 20, 2018
Experienced engineers were required to punch a time clock. Management was completely inept, poor treatment of women, extremely low pay, high turnover. Managers haze new employees and will yell in meetings. Human resources is NOT an advocate for the employee. Long hours and NO recognition for the work done.
Pros
Blizzard games are awesome
Cons
Inept management, very poor environment
Smoke and mirrors
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 16, 2018
People see the public image of Blizzard. The real internal image is like a butcher shop. People like the products, but don’t want to see how it is made.

Arrogant managers, directional challenge directors and VP is the foundation. It is the passive aggressive you expect from the cliche movies. Managers don’t know how to motivate, mentor(makes them look bad), or manage people.

The workers spend 75% playing than actually working because the company pays you 75% of the job market. HR has to send out reminders to all employees of hygiene requirements.
Pros
Free alcohol
Cons
The people you work with
Great Culture, No love for temp QA
QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2018
It's great if you are hired full time but if you are contract QA they will pull the contract early. Lots of office politics and people playing WoW during work shifts. Temp QA picked up a lot of the slack but were harassed by full timers. Sad experience for such a great company. We were brought on and told after a year we'd be hired full time and then laid off after blizzcon.
Pros
perks
Cons
office politics, non commitment, deceit
Was a fun place to work at as a gamer.
Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2018
To any gamer I would recommend it to any one. Every one else ther else there was a fun and easy to get along with. So made the call center experience fun.
Good!
Game Tester (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2018
I would not say the best place i worked but one of the best because of the other workers too they was to much helpful too me when i was wrong to something or my manager he helped me a lot!
Good, collaborative work place.
Concept Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
I definitely would recommend it for anyone interested in getting into the art field. It is a great entry level job, but there isn't much opportunity for career advancement.
Best Summer Internship I could ask for
Data Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 3, 2018
I interned at Blizzard Entertainment in summer 2017. Right off the bat, I got to do work which mattered to me and inspired me, and talk to incredibly smart and passionate people with various backgrounds and journeys in life. More importantly, I felt that I was greatly appreciated for my work and who I was as a person all throughout my time, and I had never felt so fulfilled before. I would 100% recommend this internship and company again, and again, and again.
Pros
Work culture, smart and passionate people, Blizzard games
Cons
Lack of communication between departments, duplicate work
Productive and fun place to work
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 31, 2018
- Good place to learn and grow.
- A company that is always leading the charge to the future.
- Leader in E-sports.
- Team cooperation and cohesion are excellent.
Pros
Free Blizzard Games, Free BlizzCon Ticket.
Cons
N/a
Great Place to Work!
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2018
During my time at Blizzard I learned values that are instilled in my work philosophy and is invested in building up internal staff.

It is a fantastic atmosphere and would recommend Blizzard to anyone.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 10, 2018
My time there was fun, fulfilling and wonderful. The people were great, the environment was fun and energetic. Management tends to shift a lot in vision, going from having a lot of slack to micromanagement, but they have learned from the experience.
Ok place to work
Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2018
The culture at Blizzard is awesome. Great place to work. However lately Management is at an all time low. Bet besides that people there are passionate about the company and their products
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Bad Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blizzard Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight