Blizzard Entertainment Employee Reviews

Great company HORRIBLE employer
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 20, 2018
Experienced engineers were required to punch a time clock. Management was completely inept, poor treatment of women, extremely low pay, high turnover. Managers haze new employees and will yell in meetings. Human resources is NOT an advocate for the employee. Long hours and NO recognition for the work done.
Pros
Blizzard games are awesome
Cons
Inept management, very poor environment
Smoke and mirrors
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 16, 2018
People see the public image of Blizzard. The real internal image is like a butcher shop. People like the products, but don’t want to see how it is made.

Arrogant managers, directional challenge directors and VP is the foundation. It is the passive aggressive you expect from the cliche movies. Managers don’t know how to motivate, mentor(makes them look bad), or manage people.

The workers spend 75% playing than actually working because the company pays you 75% of the job market. HR has to send out reminders to all employees of hygiene requirements.
Pros
Free alcohol
Cons
The people you work with
Great Culture, No love for temp QA
QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2018
It's great if you are hired full time but if you are contract QA they will pull the contract early. Lots of office politics and people playing WoW during work shifts. Temp QA picked up a lot of the slack but were harassed by full timers. Sad experience for such a great company. We were brought on and told after a year we'd be hired full time and then laid off after blizzcon.
Pros
perks
Cons
office politics, non commitment, deceit
Was a fun place to work at as a gamer.
Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2018
To any gamer I would recommend it to any one. Every one else ther else there was a fun and easy to get along with. So made the call center experience fun.
Good!
Game Tester (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2018
I would not say the best place i worked but one of the best because of the other workers too they was to much helpful too me when i was wrong to something or my manager he helped me a lot!
Good, collaborative work place.
Concept Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
I definitely would recommend it for anyone interested in getting into the art field. It is a great entry level job, but there isn't much opportunity for career advancement.
Best Summer Internship I could ask for
Data Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 3, 2018
I interned at Blizzard Entertainment in summer 2017. Right off the bat, I got to do work which mattered to me and inspired me, and talk to incredibly smart and passionate people with various backgrounds and journeys in life. More importantly, I felt that I was greatly appreciated for my work and who I was as a person all throughout my time, and I had never felt so fulfilled before. I would 100% recommend this internship and company again, and again, and again.
Pros
Work culture, smart and passionate people, Blizzard games
Cons
Lack of communication between departments, duplicate work
Productive and fun place to work
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 31, 2018
- Good place to learn and grow.
- A company that is always leading the charge to the future.
- Leader in E-sports.
- Team cooperation and cohesion are excellent.
Pros
Free Blizzard Games, Free BlizzCon Ticket.
Cons
N/a
Great Place to Work!
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2018
During my time at Blizzard I learned values that are instilled in my work philosophy and is invested in building up internal staff.

It is a fantastic atmosphere and would recommend Blizzard to anyone.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 10, 2018
My time there was fun, fulfilling and wonderful. The people were great, the environment was fun and energetic. Management tends to shift a lot in vision, going from having a lot of slack to micromanagement, but they have learned from the experience.
Ok place to work
Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2018
The culture at Blizzard is awesome. Great place to work. However lately Management is at an all time low. Bet besides that people there are passionate about the company and their products
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
fun workplace
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2018
fun workplace, would recommend. Compensation is low, advancement options are also low. good benefits, lighthearted environment, good company culture too.
Blizzard can be stressful
Customer Service - English / Portuguese (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 30, 2017
I worked for them for 2 years. I had a great manager in the night shift. He was nice, but the morning manager was not nice, and micro managing. I hate
Pros
Pays ok
Cons
Micro management, drugs are okay among the young people
Excellent place to work
Data Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 19, 2017
Wonderful place to work, great people and culture. We pursued many interesting projects and had a lot of freedom to explore. Salaries are a bit below average but that is made up for by the people/environment.
people that are on your team are great to work wth
Customer Service, Live Chat, and Phone (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2017
people that are on your team are great to work with, however the responsibilities to pay scale is way off. There are a few perks to working there such as free games, and game time for WoW.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not enough pay for the work required
Awesome Place to work!
Security Operations Center Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 15, 2017
Blizzard is a very chilled place to work. I enjoyed working there. The Atmosphere is relaxing and there are a lot of amenities that are offered, such as a gym, massages, and even sword classes.
Video game company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2017
Game Master Position
Work tickets, take phone calls or engage in live chats. The game becomes part of your job as you strive to support a sometimes toxic and unforgiving player base and fulfill inane requests or defend policy.

Free game time for Wold of Warcraft and lots of free video game stuff, but the pay was well below industry standard. This is not a job for people with an active family life or who are the soul income for a multi-person household.

This is a great job for a single gamer who is passionate for Blizzard Entertainment products and has time to devote toward it.
Pros
Free video games and access to Blizzard products and exclusive items.
Cons
Free video games don't put food on the table.
Fun place to work
Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 26, 2017
Great place to work and filled with many like minded people. Be wary though, Blizzard HR department is an absolute joke, filled with unprofessional and laughably slow individuals. Do not let them or the recruiting process shape your image of the company.
Awesome place to work
Account and Technical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 23, 2017
Amazing culture and very competitive. Management was a little too serious and performance was too strict, at least in customer service. A truly inspiring culture and workplace, with a focus on quality.
Fun and Dedicated Company Culture and Rewards, with LOTS of WORK!!!
QA Compat / Bilingual Support (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 20, 2017
This company is a dream come true to many. It is dedicated to it's employees, and provides ample moves within the company. Plenty of Upward movement for those able.

There is a lot of internal competition....lots of Masters in their craft. The best skills you can have are ingenuity, problem solving, thinking outside the box, and Imagination. Ability to learn new skills and master at applying them.

Depending on your department, may be easier or harder to move up, due to the volume and desire.

Also, some of the other necessary qualities are, social skills, as you will need to be able to appease the higher ups and get on their good side. A lot of buddy buddy system in Management.

Lots of Concerts, events, anniversary celebrations, record setting and record breaking. Gaming and Beta testing of Games.

It's well worth it and the company experience itself provides you invaluable Title Credit Worthiness for other companies.
Pros
Free Lunches, Discounts and Free Company Items, Health Insurance, Friendly and Fun environment.
Cons
Work can become burdensome with OVETIME, 60-80hrs, Some positions are poorly paid compared to upper tiers / cost of living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blizzard Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Blizzard Entertainment Reviews by Location