Blizzard Entertainment Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 26, 2017
Great place to work and filled with many like minded people. Be wary though, Blizzard HR department is an absolute joke, filled with unprofessional and laughably slow individuals. Do not let them or the recruiting process shape your image of the company.
Awesome place to work
Account and Technical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 23, 2017
Amazing culture and very competitive. Management was a little too serious and performance was too strict, at least in customer service. A truly inspiring culture and workplace, with a focus on quality.
Fun and Dedicated Company Culture and Rewards, with LOTS of WORK!!!
QA Compat / Bilingual Support (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 20, 2017
This company is a dream come true to many. It is dedicated to it's employees, and provides ample moves within the company. Plenty of Upward movement for those able.

There is a lot of internal competition....lots of Masters in their craft. The best skills you can have are ingenuity, problem solving, thinking outside the box, and Imagination. Ability to learn new skills and master at applying them.

Depending on your department, may be easier or harder to move up, due to the volume and desire.

Also, some of the other necessary qualities are, social skills, as you will need to be able to appease the higher ups and get on their good side. A lot of buddy buddy system in Management.

Lots of Concerts, events, anniversary celebrations, record setting and record breaking. Gaming and Beta testing of Games.

It's well worth it and the company experience itself provides you invaluable Title Credit Worthiness for other companies.
Pros
Free Lunches, Discounts and Free Company Items, Health Insurance, Friendly and Fun environment.
Cons
Work can become burdensome with OVETIME, 60-80hrs, Some positions are poorly paid compared to upper tiers / cost of living
Job of your dreams
Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Amazing culture, it will easily be the best job you have ever done. The only snag is getting in and keeping your position. Cuts are made from the temporary staff suddenly and without notice.
Pros
Amazing People, Great Work Environment, Amazing Benifets, Break Room
Cons
Hard to get in
Fantastic company that makes great games.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2017
Without a doubt one of the most fun places I could imagine working. They do their best to take care of each and every employee and truly love games. Their products are second to none and I was proud to work on the games I did. The hours can be a lot when a game is about to launch, but to be fair, this was several years ago and this practice might have changed.
New Company
Roustabout Laborer (Current Employee) –  Big Spring, TXAugust 26, 2017
New company. Needs to work out the initial new company kinks. Once that has been established will be a good company to work . Pay is lower than other oil field positions. Good to start out at.
Great Job for work/life balance
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92618August 23, 2017
Great job for work/life balance. Monday through Friday position with a lot of customer interaction. Very different from resort kitchen environment. Management structure is more corporate than hospitality.
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 21, 2017
I would go back to Blizzard in the future for other opportunities. Great campus and people. Everyone is passionate about what they do and it's great to have been part of the Blizzard family. I will be back.
Nerd culture galore with a professional and innovative atmosphere.
Quality Assurance Summer Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 21, 2017
Working at Blizzard Entertainment was a true grasp of great company atmosphere. A typical day involved daily meetings and/or emails of the tasks for that day, with a vast amount of freedom to go about the aforementioned task in any way. Whenever I was faced with a problem the upper management swiftly answered and helped me get past it. The culture is overflowing through every corridor, with many customizing their cubicles to better fit their "nerdom". From a glance you could see others interest outside of the company which made relations between co-workers easier. Their is also a multitude of events happening to get you more involved with everyone else. Their was nothing truly challenging about the job, except perhaps having to leave. The most enjoyment I found about the job was getting hyped with the atmosphere and in awe of what these brilliant minds create. All in all, Blizzard Entertainment is by far one of the best places to work with many benefits and even free swag. I was honored to be apart of the company for as long as I was.
Pros
Free Swag, Friendly Coworkers, Gourmet campus lunches, near-weekly events.
Cons
Honestly I cannot think of much...
Absolutely the best environment and co-workers
Associate Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2017
To start, there was nothing wrong with the job. It is customer support. You answer phone calls, you answer tickets, you help solve customer's problems.
Management is great, job growth opportunities are outstanding.

I have almost nothing bad to say about working at Blizzard. I do want to focus on the work environment though. It is the friendliest place I have ever worked, and possibly will ever work at. You get to dress casually, you get to talk to fellow reps who are working right beside you about anything. Movies, games, hobbies, anything. As long as you still focus on your work and do a good job of course.
You can decorate your desks with whatever you want, you can have a very friendly and down to earth relationship with all of your co-workers, even the ones in higher positions.

The one bad thing is that it is very difficult to actually use your sick time, as you have to meet a strict criteria of what counts as 'being sick'. Due to it being essentially a call center, you are susceptible to getting sick. But you have to use your paid time off for it, as the sick time will almost never be used.
Pros
Cafeteria, food trucks, clean environment
Fun and friendly environment, very hard to move up.
Customer and Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2017
Blizzard is extremely open minded and accepting of their employees. I did not see or experience any kind of discrimination, it is truly a "One Family" kind of vibe there. Your coworkers will be "Gamers" and you will meet a ton of great people with similar interests. You can decorate your desk and the artwork around the building looks amazing.

The company is also as transparent as they can be. You will receive emails from people throughout the company which makes you feel apart of something bigger than yourself.

There are also times throughout the year when you can give your own feedback about the company and tell them what you would like to see improved around the office. They will listen and do what they can to make it happen. That meant a lot to me.

Blizzard is a global company and every day you must be willing to give 210 percent. Do not expect any "Easy Days". Do not expect any "Free Rides".

There is a lot of competition internally and externally, anything short of excellence will not get you very far. You cannot be "Somewhere in the middle" and expect to be promoted. You must be extremely hardworking and will often find yourself in stressful situations such as finishing a "Project" or "Assignment" within a short amount of time. The company is constantly growing, every single day you must learn something new. You will experience "Change" very often and you must be able to adapt to new policies or time constraints.

You must be open to criticism and have "Thick Skin". Your supervisor / Manager / Boss will be giving you constant feedback to help you learn
  more... and grow. Depending on your job, Customers or the "Gaming Community" can give you feedback about their interaction with you or about something you built / designed. Not all feedback will be positive and you must be willing to digest and take away what you can to become better at your job.

In my opinion, hourly wages and salary could be increased. There are much smaller companies that pay more for the same "Job". On a positive note, as a full time employee you will get some bonuses and "Goodies" throughout the year to help compensate for this.
Pros
No dress code, positive environment, cool coworkers.
Cons
Very hard to move up within the company, Constant change, Stressful time constraints
The most fun job you'll ever have.
Tier 2 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 27, 2017
It's Blizzard for goodness sakes. You're going to love it. The culture is like none you'll ever have again, enjoy it. When I was there management wasn't the best, but I've heard it's gotten better.
Pros
You work at the greatest video game company in the world.
Cons
Your metrics are more important than you.
Great people, great times, great place
Multilingual Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2017
When I talk about the good ol' days, I'm talking about Blizzard. Nearly a decade of my life spent in service of games and worlds I loved. I don't regret a second of it.
Pros
Environment, people, benefits
Good place to work for brown nosers.
Game Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2017
No one is promoted upon merit. Who ever kisses the most butts rises to the top in this organization. If you have friends or family in higher position go for it.The benefits almost out weight the meager pay but still not enough to justify listening to people gripe about video games all day.
Pros
Free video games
Cons
Strict breaks, corporate culture camouflaged as hip
Fun workplace, great office environment, minimal advancement opportunities
Internal Tech Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 8, 2017
A typical day has you handling dozens of tickets from players, some contacts thru web chat and/or phone callbacks. Most issues are in-game in nature, some deal with financials (paying for a game, game time, refunds, etc), and others are of a technical nature.
As any other game company
Customer/Technical Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2017
Lots of culture, but work/life balance and advancement opportunities are thin.
Metrics are the bane of this job. No matter how much you go above and beyond for a customer, it doesn't matter much if you don't hit your metrics and ticket counts at the end of the day.
Best company to work for
Associate Manager, Internal Communications (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2017
Everything Blizzard does is polished. They value the iterative process of everything and they live their core values.

I worked there ~10 years and left for a "better" opportunity but I miss Blizzard and would go back in a heartbeat.

Managers really care about employees and everyone is invested in each other's success.

10/10 would work there again.
Pros
Benefits, Company culture
Cons
Slow advancement
If you need a paycheck, they will give you one.
Customer Service Agent Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2017
If you have drunk the Blizzard kool aid and need a pay check, they will give you one. I would not say that it is a particularly stressful workplace but they do not value their employees very highly. There is always another bright eyed child that will do the job.
Great experience for Games
2D Artist Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 17, 2017
Wonderful working with the Hearthstone team and I learned alot about producing game assets and delivering products at a deadline. The culture is great fun and everyone is so helpful and friendly.
Good company, didn't like location.
Test Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 13, 2017
My biggest compliant was the location. I didn't want to live in California.

Blizzard is one of the better places to work in the game industry. If you like the location I would recommend working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blizzard Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight