BLOCK INSTITUTE Employee Reviews

Horrible run
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 1, 2019
Management play favorites and everyone is for their self Very cut throat have keep watching your back. Management will find any reason to write you up.
Pros
The individuals
Cons
Unappericated
Program Director, Adult Day Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 30, 2018
A typical day was hectic due to the nature of the position being in ault day services. The most fulfilling part of my job was knowing that my work had the ability to impact and improve the life of someone else.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 17, 2018
Productive place, but lacks alot of structure. Employers/employees are nice but, confused most of the time. There is no proper training or orientation for people wanting to start at Block Institute.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
theres not really a lunch time, the pay for Administrative/secretarial positions are to low
Never again
Assistant Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 23, 2018
Unprofessional and no leadership skills at all. Staff are cutthroat as well as some of the managers. Long hours along with no respect from upper management.
Pros
health care
Cons
everything
I loved working at Block Institute!!
Assistant Residence Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 30, 2018
Managemnt cared about the individuals and their families. They cared about the residences. They also cared about the staff that worked for them. I was very happy working for Block Institute!!
It was filled with growth and I loved that.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2018
All the duties of a supervisor: ensure the safety of all clients, created community opportunities for all, listened and met the needs of families/clients. Completed time sheets by entering them into ADP system. Created recreational activity for all participants to perform in.
Review
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 31, 2018
Block institute, while having a good working relationship with co-workers Block institute was not organized and you had to consolidate rooms together because of constant understaffing adding additional stresses each day that were unneeded. The overall condition of the facility was horrible, the roof of the facility leaked shutting down half of the facility for months. I would not advise someone to work here.
Pros
good relationship with co-workers
Cons
Unorganized and Understaffed
Flexible schedule, great oportunity to improve knowledge
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work. Management Team is re-building up with great candidates. QA team is great to work with and the QA director has a well understanding of personal growth.
Fun workplace
Assistant Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 24, 2018
It was an enjoyable environment. I felt welcome within that facility, however I needed to expand and have more experiences in the customer service and decided to explore
Block institute was and excited and excellent job
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 24, 2018
I was only with BLOCK INSTITUTE for a short period of time. I had a work place injury, I received worker compensation for two years. My mind was so messed up from depression and Anxiety I forgot the jobs policy and continually calling to let them know that I stilled wanted my job. I sincerely wished that I had remembered to call to call in.
Great place to be in.
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
Time files by quick when your in the Block institue program. I learned so much while I was their and was very sad when the internship was over. Staff where very friendly.
working with kids is fun and entertaining
Teachers Aid 1 (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 9, 2018
a typical day at block includes a lot of fun with the kids. i learnt a lot about kids, and individuals behavior. management is very poor. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the kids
Ability to advance
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 13, 2018
I have been given the opportunity to advance in various positions over the years based on previous experience and qualifications. The experience was very memorable and I enjoyed enhancing the quality of life for the individuals I served.
Not appreciated
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2018
Direspected numerous times then followed by an apology then disrespected again. Not valued for the work that was being done. The blame game was always played. Minimal opportunity to explore new ideas. Favoritism in one supervisor. Over worked and underpaid. The work conditions are unfavorable, in the summer the building is very hot and in the winter ( especially when it snows), or when it rains you better walk with an umbrella; because its pouring rain inside the building.
Pros
Individuals make your day
Cons
Constantly disrespected
stressful
Ex Supervisor (Former Employee) –  StillwellApril 27, 2018
A typical day is very stressful at Block, some of the supervisors , and coordinators treats us like we are beneath them. Supervisors are under pay and have to do excessive work.
Pros
Individuals are wonderful to work with
Cons
you are under paid
Unruly
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2018
I don't have much to say besides good luck with leaving there without having your name thrown into the Justice Center. No one has your back, it's every man for themselves.
We try to do the best for our indivuals
Direct support professional (Current Employee) –  Ocean AveMarch 12, 2018
We can always do better so that the indivuals can live a better life. Block put the individual first and tries their best to make sure the have Fun and are safe when doing that
Great supervision & peers; understaffed
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 14, 2018
I worked on the psych team at Block--consisting of some great colleagues. However, we each were based out of various locations within the company so it often felt as though our team was understaffed, having to rely on ourselves to care of many people on our own. A lot of staff in positions outside of the psych team were unreceptive to recommendations and did not appropriately care for our patients. The job would have been less stressful with more staff by my side. However, my team was amazing and I enjoyed being part of the psych squad. Such kind-hearted individuals caring for such special people every day.
very Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 10, 2018
the company is a great place to work although it can be over whelming at times . the shortage of staff made it very difficult at times to work efficiently and effectively.
Challenging
computer information systems specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Its a very challenging place to work for but if you put all the negativity aside and focus on what they do there for the kids and adults individuals its nothing but love and support.