BlockBuster Costumes LLC. Employee Reviews

I work here currently, and love my job!
Inventory Intel (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYApril 13, 2018
I currently work for Blockbuster Costumes and LOVE my job. I started in the early fall for "busy season". The products are costume & noveIty items which adds some fun to your day. It was super fast paced, the day flew by! Overtime was offered generously. Pay is competitive/better to similar positions in the area. Training was great, it was all hands on so you are learning right away. Every single employee was very helpful and still is if I have a question. Everyone helps one another and is encouraging. The programs designed specifically for BBC are extremely user friendly and help you work productively and efficiently. The warehouse is very organized and easy to pick from. Packing stations are designed for convenience and efficiency. Employee discount is generous. There is plenty of room for advancement/department transfers such as Inventory, Customer Service etc. as this company grows, which is happening at a FAST pace! Operations manager and owner make you feel appreciated for a job well done. I highly recommend employment here if you enjoy working at a moderate to fast pace and would like to grow with a company that has endless potential. We are currently preparing for our busy season, so if you like money there will be plenty of overtime available! Don't listen to the angry reviews from disgruntled past employees... Apply today!
The owner is cheap and manager is a major jerk
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lovejoy, nyOctober 12, 2017
This is a small company where the owner is not around. The owner depends on a manager who is a lair and unfair person that I lost the job over a lair. Before I got the job the owner tries to keep the salary down as I try to ask for a higher salary because I have experience in the field.
I was unfairly let go after two days of work partly because of my disability. The warehouse condition is not a great place to work because the owner is cheap to turn on the heat and they lack in environmental safety. You will be at risk for working there. Plus the company is located in a bad area.
Pros
Cons
owner is too cheap, bad manager, practice discriminations
Great Place to Work !
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYApril 16, 2017
A nice place to work with friendly people ,The hours are nice and there is plenty of overtime during the busy season .Its a fast paced work environment and you even get discounts on costumes and other warehouse merchandise .
Pros
Lots of overtime during busy season, Great people to work with
Cons
Wasted to much time in this dead end job!
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJanuary 31, 2017
You will be undervalued and underpaid. Management is at a loss of how to run the business effectively at this point. They have been flying by the seat of their pants for too long and the whole thing is crashing down. No one actually wants to work at this place, it is only a last resort type thing. Avoid it like the plague.
Official response from BlockBuster Costumes LLC.
April 13, 2017

We are sorry to hear that anyone would feel this way of course. Unfortunately with many jobs, you get out of it what you put into it. When you gloat to co-workers that you have only worked an hour a day for the last 3 years and the internet usage logs confirm it, you are only ever going to succeed at a certain level. Other people do thrive and love the job.

BlockBuster Costumes is a fast growing and successful company. We are the 91st largest independent seller on the Walmart.com platform, and we are rated as the 3rd fastest growing brand on Amazon for both October 2015 and 2016. We look forward to staffing the Marketing Coordinator position with someone who wants to help us achieve a similar level of success with our own website.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlockBuster Costumes LLC.. Our community is ready to answer.

BlockBuster Costumes LLC. Reviews by Location