Blockbuster Employee Reviews

fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 16, 2018
Blockbuster no longer exists. It went out of business years ago. this review is pointless to do. I loved working there but again it no longer exists...
Customer Service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 16, 2018
Typically I stood at the front and helped customers. I also restocked the shelves when videos were returned and when new movies or games came into the store.
Stagnant workplace with little/no opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 15, 2018
Stay very far away from this cesspool. Manager who was absent for over five months in a row, assistant managers who didn't know their responsibilities, and poor work ethic combined to make this a toxic workplace.
always fun
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 14, 2018
I loved the environment. It was always exciting to go to work.
The team was fun and made it welcoming for all of our customers, no matter the age. I am sad that the company didn't last.
Pros
always a fun environment
Cons
the company didn't take enough initiative to compete
Lots of fun, great starter job for a budding retail employee
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXApril 12, 2018
I had a blast during my tenure with Blockbuster. We got 10 free rentals a week, got to talk about movies all day, and were given the ability to work with people on late fees. As a salaried store manager I was required to work 42-45 hours a week which was essentially fine but after a while it took a toll working all those extra hours for the same pay. There didn't seem to be much of a bonus structure or at least I never really saw one. All in all I miss Blockbuster.
Pros
Free rentals and fun atmosphere
Cons
Long hours and pointless holidays worked
Fun
District Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 10, 2018
Outgoing workplace culture. Goals and merchandising were met on a daily basis and expectations were set and achieved, regularly. Training of new employees were conducted as sales were set and met.
Pros
Free rentals
Cons
n/a
Productive Fast Paced
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAApril 10, 2018
Very productive working environment. I learned how to handle people personal accounts and more about computer programs. I had one manager but two other managers in training. The hardest part of the job was how slow the computers that we had were. The most enjoyable part to me was helping people find a movie they would enjoy.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Computers
Most fun job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SCApril 9, 2018
I loved working for Block Buster and would still be with them had they not gone out of business. They were realistic in their expectations and paid well.
Pros
was fun
Cons
no longer is business
Working At Blockbuster
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 8, 2018
A review of Blockbuster is irrelevant since they are no longer in business. Here is an additional sentence to get to the 150 characters minimum required.
Store Management & Opening/Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsApril 5, 2018
Blockbuster Entertainment was a fast-paced, energizing, clean, bright, loud, exciting store. It was never dull because each customer brought their own expectations and personality into the store. The employees were typically young and happy to be working somewhere other than in fast food. There was a lot to do in keeping the customer satisfied, maintaining a clean environment, and managing the product. Employees were expected to be helpful, cheerful, and busy. Managers hired, trained, and worked along side the CSRs (customer service representatives) as well as receiving and managing inventory and keeping track of all moneys. Management also dealt with all customer complaints and disciplined employees when necessary. I was required to work on salaried pay 45-70 per week.The pay was based on 45 hours per week and was competitive to other similar jobs of that nature.
As a training specialist I would train new store employees including new managers in all aspects.
Pros
Happy family friendly environment.
Cons
Long work hours.
blockbuster
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 3, 2018
are they even a company still. awesome place free rentals for employees fast pace great schedule relaxed enviroment decent pay flexible hours great place for entry level
Was fun until the end
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2018
Had a great time working here. Other employees were great and was fun to talk movies with customers. Wish it was still around, probably the most fun job I've ever had.
blockbuster video
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2018
This was a fun job and enjoyed getting to know the customers, developing relationships with vendors. The advancement opportunities were limited and you were frequently assigned to other locations.
Blockbuster
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAApril 2, 2018
The company is out of business, I took a bottom selling store and took it to the top. They stores closed because the company had made very bad decisions in the face of new competition.
Pros
movies
Cons
out oif business
geat
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 2, 2018
great place to work. it was climate controlled and a fun environment to be in. i love the atmosphere overall . it was very productive and managed well. too bad it had to end so soon.
Decent job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 30, 2018
Had to give great customer service at all times. Had to ensure customers got great service. Ensure customer got holds on movies and treated with the upmost respect
Productive, fun overall experience, great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMarch 25, 2018
I really enjoyed it while it lasted. I worked with great fellow employees, got 10 free rentals a week, got to see new movies before they came out, it was a blast. I got to put my knowledge of film and video games to the test trying to plus sell to the customers. This was probably my favorite job. It's sad that they went bankrupt.
Pros
10 free rentals a week, talk movies and games, work with good people, enjoyable work environment.
Cons
Low pay, sometimes long work hours.
pros and cons
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMarch 22, 2018
Do not wish to participate and do not like that this is a requirement. My job at staples was fine. pros and cont to any job. liked the people and didnt like the hours.
day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI 48503March 22, 2018
I would clock in and immediately start putting videos away, and if we had to check in incoming shipments from ups and fed ex. I also helped customers and upselled as well. Me and my partner would be in charge of closing the store in the end of the night and count the drawers down.
Pros
Free Video Rentals
Cons
Not many hours
Easiest Job
Assistant Manager/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2018
Very first job ever. Love working here because I love movies. Helping customers finding the perfect movie for a date night or for family nights. Also love the free movies we get weekly. Too bad this company is no longer with us. RIP.