Blockbuster Employee Reviews

Friendly Atmosphere
Store Manager - Management (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 23, 2018
Each day, I was allowed the privilege to provide great entertainment, meet new families and make recommendations. I had the privilege to sell new products and train my staff of new products.
Pros
Entertainment
Cons
Company went out of business
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lemoyne, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Were able to take home movies to review so we could tell our customers about them... We had a lot of retail to sale such as posters, music equipment, plushies, et....
Pros
Free movies
Cons
N/a
Could have been better
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 22, 2018
Loved getting advance copies of movies due to be released, along with free rentals. However, the manager was a disrespectful jerk who thought women should smile and flirt with him. Umm no thanks!
Pros
screeners, free rentals
Cons
no bennies, manager a jerk
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAFebruary 21, 2018
this was a video rental store for many many years but in 2001 they closed. it was a good place to work and the pay was fair. it was a great experience.
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Management was great. Management was helpful. I enjoyed working at Blockbuster. The company was happy, with overtime. The company has good benefits. When working at Blockbuster, I learned logistics, shipping, returns, forklift and wrapping pallets.
Part time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 19, 2018
This was another video store job for me, so very cool in that respect. Was a part time job though, so didn't pay enough and i had to find other employment in conjunction with this job.
Good Company to work for
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILFebruary 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. It provided growth and flexiblity. The staff was great to work with. Benefits were offered to staff. It was a fun work enviorment
Pros
abilty to grow
Cons
pushing sales
Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 18, 2018
I loved this job and wished Blockbuster was still around. I had so much fun here even thought it was stressful at times. Managers were awesome and cared.
The company closed
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALFebruary 16, 2018
The company started out very successful. The corporate management never caught up to a changing business model. Despite the market changing with technological advances, they refused to adapt and thus the business failed
No longer in business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2018
Blockbuster is no longer in business so it is pointless to leave this review but while I was there, I enjoyed my job and my customers. I really liked my manager as well
Movies and games
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Work on display walls for the up coming movies. Learn how to make the wall jump out a person as they walk it. Management made it fun at times. Everyone need to pay close attention to every little detail. Was keeping people on staff to make the business run smoothly. The best part of the job was being able to take the movies home and watch them before they were put on the shelf to rent.
Pros
watching the pre release movie before anyone else
Cons
being short staff all the time.
Where did they go!
Sales Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 13, 2018
Blockbuster was a fun place to work at during the times it was open and available. Sadly the stores are no longer around like they use to be. Management was great and I still stay in contact with my co-workers to this day. Easy job and great environment.
Pros
Easy fun job that you got to watch movies during work!
Cons
Pay
No longer in business-Okay place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 12, 2018
Worked here as a young adult, no longer in business. Fun job. It was okay. Overall a nice little job before adulthood.

Had fun. Management was kind.
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandFebruary 12, 2018
As great of a place as this was it unfortunately doesnt exist anymore. At the time in the early 2000's it was the place to work. Great people and great discounts.
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 10, 2018
Wish the company did not shut down. Was a great place to work with great customers each and every day. I really enjoyed my time there and was sad to see it end.
productive and fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VA 24179February 9, 2018
great place to have worked , the people were great to work for and the management team always worked together to ensure a low turn around on employees
Pros
everything was great
Cons
invetory
Best Company
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Hemp stead, NYFebruary 7, 2018
I loved working at Blockbuster. The atmosphere was fun, friendly, and competitive. Customers became like family. I miss working at Blockbuster. I loved my discount.
Pros
Fun enivormnt
Cons
Competitive
going out of business
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 7, 2018
the place was great in a lot of ways but, they were closing all there stores, So I had to find a job during the recession which was not easy. other than that it was ok.
Cons
went out of business
This was an awesome job
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 7, 2018
This was a great place to work good pay great people meaning coworkers and customers and you got to watch all the free movies you wanted to. If there are any left this is an awesome 1St job
Pros
Free movies good benefits
Cons
Can't really say there were any
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I loved working with my manager, very friendly and responsive to your needs. blockbuster closed all of its sites. but there was no advancement unless someone retired
Pros
management
Cons
closed