Blogmutt Employee Reviews

Difficult to get anywhere with
FREELANCE WRITER VERBLIO (PREVIOUSLY (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 13, 2019
It was a fine experience, but it is not anything stable. I would not recommend this company unless you are looking for a small chance to make some extra cash on the side, Honestly, it is hardly any good for that, but at least it is something to do that will better your writing skills.
Great for experience, not so great for pay
Level Seven Ghost Writer (Former Employee) –  Bolder, COAugust 23, 2018
BlogMutt is very flexible and offered me an immense professional education, however, the compensation was not adequate. I gained countless hours of writing experience, that has helped me earn higher paying jobs.
Pros
remote, flexible
Cons
bad pay
Freelance Blogger
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 15, 2018
If you have good writing skills and excellent grammar, BlogMutt is a great opportunity. The pay depends on how much quality content you can write. This is a great opportunity to hone your copy writing skills.
Pros
Flexible
Best freelance writing platform on the web
Freelance Writer, Blogmutt (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 13, 2018
I've been writing on the BlogMutt platform for 14 months, and am impressed by how this small company incorporates writer input in their evolution.

As far as platform writing goes, this one always has available projects from which to pick and choose, and the compensation scale is more than appropriate, especially for those who need to learn "on the job" about inbound marketing.

You get what you put in, and once you reach level 4, you gain access to the "bread and butter" word counts and the most reliable end-clients.

When you know most all of the staff by name, participate in BlogMutt's supportive forum, and actually read the extensive help section, you can really bring in supplemental income. That's being conservative.

As with all platform writing, the company takes a cut. but some of us believe it's worth it to have work brought to us... without us having to shake down or find customers. I think of them as a type of writer's agency rather than a "content mill".
Pros
Earn company shares at certain levels, paid every Monday via PayPal, great writer community, responsive communication with staff
Cons
Not paid for rejected articles, some customers go "dark" without using their credits.
won't talk to you
writer (Former Employee) –  homeAugust 1, 2018
I was trying to get working for them and then I was suspended without reason and they said: "We will not answer any emails regarding reasons for suspensions."

If they aren't going to tell us why we are suspended after sending in work then we have no way of growing or learning for mistakes.
Blogmutt
Freelance Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 21, 2018
Blogmutt is versatile, flexible, user friendly, and an encouraging environment for novice and expert writers alike to gain vital experience in the field of content writing. Great pay, endless variety of topics to chose from. Would recommend to anyone whether they enjoy writing or are simply looking for extra side cash.
Pros
Flexibility, experience, laid back
Cons
Payment may takes awhile
freeze you out before you are promoted to next pay level
Content Writer (Former Employee) –  homeApril 18, 2018
I had read about several people who had their writer accounts closed as soon as they got close to the next pay level, but I didn't think I would happen to me. I was wrong. As soon as I almost had enough points to move up the pay scale, my account was cancelled and I was no longer allowed to write.
Pros
few hours
Cons
scam
okay
Ghost Blogger (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 20, 2018
If I was more interested in the work I would have been more successful but the job requirements focused on writing nonfiction articles and this sort of work just wasn't very interesting. The work, I found, was tedious and boring so it was difficult to stay motivated.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
not a lot of jobs and inconsistent reports of what work is available.
Felxible
Freelance Blogger (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 12, 2018
*Blogmutt always has jobs on the board
*I learned that you have to listen to the client
*the hardest part of the job is that it's time consuming to make a reasonable amount of money
*the most enjoyable part of the job is writing because I love to write
Pros
jobs always available
Cons
you need a large amount of points to reach the levels that pay the best
Blogmutt - Overall Positive
Freelance Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAFebruary 10, 2018
My experiences working as a freelance content writer for Blogmutt have been nothing short of lovely - I am able to choose who I write for and when I write. I strongly appreciate the efficiency of their job search system, the simple and direct communication between freelancer and employer, the flexibility, and the constant efforts Blogmutt makes to improve the compensation and job opportunities for freelancers.
Pros
Flexibility, fair compensation, efficiency
Cons
Slow-paced, lack of career advancement
Blogger (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 1, 2018
Relaxed. You get what you make out of it. Apart of the team for life. I have enjoyed working here because I can work as much or as little as I want. It has worked really well with school.
An Online Blogging Site
Blogger (Current Employee) –  Hartselle, ALDecember 8, 2017
Blogmutt is an online site and isn't a bad thing to try if you need money and have a passion for writing. Though you don't get any credit for the work that gets posted, you get paid well enough and at least get to brag to people that you write blogs for big websites.
Pros
work from home, you pick your hours, pay isn't bad
Cons
competitive, the customers can be picky
Blogmutt
WRITER (Current Employee) –  telecommuteSeptember 29, 2017
Blogmutt is great but the type of content clients want is obscure and not very interesting. Several topics, such as pilot eye wear, isn't something a great deal of people care about, so crafting an engaging article is difficult and time consuming.
Good company for beginning writers
Web Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2017
I've had good luck writing for Blogmutt but the pay is low. The main problem is the content choices. Once you find a customer you enjoy writing for, they can change their requirements leaving you with less content to write.

For Instance:

If you are a new writer and enjoy writing about cooking. There might only be 2 main customers who want posts about cooking. So you write a few and your posts sell. Then the customer changes their requirements so now you have to be a level 5 writer which takes months.

Either you choose to write about other subjects or now have to research something you know absolutely nothing about in order to make money.
Pros
Write at your leisure
Cons
Lack of subjects to write about, customer can change requirements
Easy and flexible
Freelance Writer & Editor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 20, 2017
The job doesn't pay much per article but it is very easy to do and use. The platform makes it easy to pick and choose which companies and topics you want.
Great site for picking up some extra money
Blog Writer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2017
Blogmutt is helpful when you want some extra money on the side, on top of another job. However, there is no certainty that you will be paid for any of your work if the corporations do not choose it, so it is always a gamble to spend time on. However, the management and CEO are very helpful and welcoming and make it a pleasant experience.
Work on your own time
Freelance writer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 17, 2017
It is a great start for anyone who wants to write and learn about different industries.

The hardest part is dealing with client criticism and editing in a timely manner.
The easiest part is enjoying the topic.
No complaints.
Pros
Earn as you go, on-time payment, healthy competition
great
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 28, 2016
This is a great place to work. I love it a lot. The hardest part is editing your own writing. Pay is good, great community and management there.
good
Cons
ok
Fantastic Company
Ghost Writer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2016
I'm a freelance ghostwriter for this company, and I can't say enough good things about it! You work your own schedule, you have full support from the in-house staff for anything and everything you need, the management is stellar, and the community of writers is all very supportive of one another.

The most enjoyable part is being able to work my own schedule and gaining writing experience at my own pace.

The hardest part is not knowing whether an article you submit is actually going to sell, so, occasionally, you spend an hour writing something you think is great and it winds up getting rejected.
Pros
Make your own schedule, gain experience at your own pace, full support
Cons
Slow to level-up in pay if you're a slow writer
This company makes learning fun.
Freelance Writer/Blogger (Current Employee) –  onlineMarch 22, 2016
I love to write for Blogmutt. Writing for this company strengthens my skills. I handle new challenges on a daily basis, and learn a lot about several different industries.