Blood Systems Culture reviews

great place to work
Donor Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 7, 2018
friendly environment, learned my efforts benefited the community, co-workers were like family, would still be working there if site had not closed, calls were steady not overwhelming
Hospital Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 4, 2018
I have been with Blood System for almost 6 years and it is an amazing place to work. I have worked for other companies and the PTO accrual, 401k and insurance benefits offered through Blood Systems are without question the best I have encountered. You start earning PTO immediately when you are hired, the company offers matching for your 401k and the insurance is affordable and offers great coverage for my needs. Local management is very receptive and there is a culture of caring in the building, not only for the work we do and the patients we serve, but for our coworkers as well.
Pros
Helping the community, great work environment, great benefits
Worst Employer Ever!
ACLS (Former Employee) –  Tempe,AZMarch 10, 2018
This place is so poorly managed it's not even funny. Managers and supervisors play favorites. Senior staff completely unhelpful to new hires. HR is only there to put you through orientation and does nothing to resolve the chronic problems that plague this company. The benefits package they offer is a complete joke. The CEO and board members are completely obsessed with expansion and every time they merge with another company, lots of people loose their jobs. The atmosphere there is oppressive and makes Blood Systems a depressing place to work.
Pros
They pay you to be there.
Cons
Oppressive culture. Bad benefits.
Great Company with an even better mission
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 25, 2018
Great place to work and be involved in the community!
The hardest part of the job is the schedule and the most enjoyable part is knowing that you are making a difference.
helping save lives
Shared Technical Services Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 29, 2017
Got to work with different people every day and see different people on blood drives
fast paced competitive pay
knowing you are helping to save lives in your own little way
Pros
helping save lives different setting every day
Cons
no time for lunch