BloodCenter of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Very helpful staff
Volunteer Call Center (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 2, 2018
Performed review and scheduling of clients for future blood drives. Staff was always available for help with calls I encountered that required more experience.

Very flexible hours for volunteer position that I held.

I really enjoyed working at the Blood Center of Wisconsin, because the staff and employees provided such professional care to the customers and me I and would like to work there as a paid employee if given the opportunity.
Pros
Site touring and snacks
Cons
N/a
Workplace and Culture
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2018
Excellent Company, with great benefits! Friendly environment, staff, employees and supervisors. Lots of different learning and continuing education opportunities. Nice workplace and culture.
Pros
Friendly Company with excellent employees and supervisors
Cons
Company moved its location to Indiana.
Blood Center of Wisconsin
Donor Recruitment Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 27, 2018
Great place to work! Enjoy the donors and management team. The office was very helpful by providing us flexible hours and great lead support. We were provided on site training as well.
Pros
Cons
only part time hours available.
Good and steady place to work
Research Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 9, 2018
Because I worked in the lab, my hours were flexible and the benefits (ie. health care, dental etc) were very good. They switched to a time-clock system where you have to physically punch in and out which was a major disappointment and definitely contributed to me leaving. Working in the lab meant I got paid through grants which don't leave a whole lot of room for growth of salary based on merit or how long you have been with the company.

Overall a great place to work up until they started micromanaging out time-clocks.
only would reccomend someone to work here to get a referral bonus
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 8, 2018
needs new management. work you like a slave. i would say 90% percent of the people that works in blood collections is not happy working there, FACTS. they only time i would recommend someone to work there is to get a 500 dollar referral bonus.
Pros
ok pay.
Cons
10- 15 minute breaks. crazy hours . management is garbage. you do more than your responsibilities.
Stressful environment, no work/life balance.
Team Lead, Donor Services (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 29, 2018
Scheduling is terrible. Pay is just okay. Management is clueless. I was passed over for promotion, only to work under someone with very little experience in our filed.
Pros
Admirable mission
Cons
Compensation does not match demands
great place to work
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 23, 2018
great place to work, management was nice but does not interact on a day to day basis with team , lack career advancement and stuck in the same role for years, poor pay
Donor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work, staff is great, donors pleasant, great for extra hours, very accomodating, family oriented, management is great. Understanding of the donation process more better..
The BloodCenter was a educational and busy place to work,
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 13, 2018
A typical day at the BloodCenter started off busy and ended busy. It is an educational facility so learning about blood processing and donations and what happens to the blood once it is donated was part a learning experience.

The BloodCenter management was very dedicated and took saving lives of those in need seriously. All BloodCenter staff believed in the work that was done because it was important in saving lives,

All in all the BloodCenter was a nice place to work, Every day could be a stressful day because of the type of work and what was expected of this organization, which also made it an enjoyable day because of the outcome.
Benefits
Cons
Employee turn over
Horrible management
Donor services (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2018
To many bosses who don't know what they are doing.
New managers who think they know it all, and know very little. No support from HR. You are hired for one position but are expected to be trained in multiple positions whether you want to or not. Then not compensated.
Pros
Good staff, not management
Cons
No work life balance.
Unfair Managrment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIDecember 28, 2017
I love my job the current management has their 'favorites' and are harassing and unfair to the others. I did phlebotomy and medical interviewing which involved taking pulse, blood pressure, temperature and a finger stick to determine hemoglobin level.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Low Pay and bad donor center management
Nice
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 17, 2017
Nice place to work. On a daily basis I did a lot of administrative work. The people that I worked with were extremely knowledgeable. I learned a lot about operating biomolecular assays through shadowing technicians. .
Blood Center
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2017
The Blood Center was very position I enjoyed..Very detailed orientated..Attention to detail is a must,,Mt supervisor was very helpful..Co-workers very proifessional
Review Summary
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 27, 2017
Great workplace culture, dedicated employees, customer service oriented, longevity of staff, turn-over of phlebotomist, and challenging recruitment of blood donors.
Volunteer
Donor Services Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2017
As a volunteer there are many benefits that allow you to learn about some of the procedures in blood donation and collection. There is many opportunities to meat new people and develop connects for the future.
Great place to be employed - working for a cause.
Digital Designer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 16, 2017
Once I stepped in the door my first day, I knew this job was different. I could tell people had a different attitude and I truly believe it was because everyone was working for a common cause - saving lives.
Pros
Healthy working environment
Fun work place
Donor Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 8, 2017
I like the blood center just was not my career job I would love to help out part time to n another department blood the call center field is just not for me
Pros
Great area
Cons
Short breaks
your typical work place
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 8, 2017
working here is very fast paced, the team-leaders are there to help you not put you down when you make a miss take, Co-workers are fun to be around after you are there for awhile you feel like family.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Poor management, no work life balance
middle management (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 25, 2017
You work hard, and see the management mistakes, but no one listens. There is no work life balance, you are treated like a machine. They hire production managers who have no healthcare experience and won't listen to the staff that see where the problems are.
work experience
Donor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 23, 2017
Very unprofessional team leads are nasty once I gave notice I was picked on until I was uncomfortable to work the ceo had to give me paid time to be at home not a professional work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BloodCenter of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.