Bloom Energy Employee Reviews

Bloom Energy is a good place to work with
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 5, 2018
In Bloom Energy there were a lot of things to learn, The company paid for the Health, dental and vision plans, there was no time off paid or sick leave paid by the company, Learnt a lot of new technology.
no fun place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 30, 2018
Poor management and low hours of work. There were a lot pressure for building parts. There were times They will call you an hour before work not to coming. No benefits for more than a year a work there.
Pros
nome
Cons
no benefits
Not much room for advancement
Assembly Technician, Expediter (Current Employee) –  Newark DelawareSeptember 23, 2018
Not much room for advancement. Some people have had the same job for three to four year. Bloom energy likes to hire people for new jobs. They don’t like to transfer or advance people.
Enjoyed good friends and co-workers.
Forklift Operator / Shipping Dept (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 18, 2018
Job was fun and hard at work. Enjoyed beinging a team player. Time does fly when it's busy, but when it's slow. I'd go work with other co-workers helping them out before the shift is over.
Pros
Free coffee, other drinks and snacks.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Cool place to work at
IT Infrastructure System Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 2, 2018
Friendly people. My supervisor and co-workers are very supportive. They provide good feedback and help me with planning for my career. There are a lot of paths to go and they help me to success and find things that are useful for myself!
Small Green Energy Tech company with a lot of growing pains
Manufacturing Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 16, 2018
I work in manufacturing, so things are probably different than in other parts of the company. Our line runs by work orders, which can change several times during the shift and often require lengthy tool changes/modifications that are not considered by upper management when trying to achieve daily goals. The engineering staff frequently makes changes to the way we process our parts making it even more difficult to complete our tasks.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent place to work, but the growing pains Bloom Energy is going through are painful at times.
Pros
Decent workplace, friendly employees
Cons
Too many to list.
Good Working Environment
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 10, 2018
Good Working Environment, great company to work for. Co-worker and managers off a lot of help and knowledge. The only draw-back was the traffic in the Bay Area.
Cons
Bay Area Traffic
A very fast paced job. Super easy, but challenging.
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 31, 2018
I love working a bloom energy the pay is good, but it is only by contract. Everyone is super friendly and willing to help you out if needed. There’s always overtime which is good for me.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Only temporary
stressfull job, more lifting heavy loads
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 9, 2018
Working here is not easy. you have to prepare yourself and be ready always. Hard work job, more lifting heavy stacks products. Its hard to be permanent in this company. They fired you out after 6 months and hired you again later.
fast pace environment
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA 94089March 30, 2018
Overall, I had a really good time working at BE. The environment was positive, coworkers were nice to work with. Mostly everything I did was managed by manager/supervisor.
Good company for growth
Recruiting and HR Operations Generalist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 14, 2018
Pay tries to be competitive, but for Silicon Valley very hard to keep up with the local giants.

To work here you gotta have hustle. People here are kind and smart and willing to take the time to help you grow. You may not get paid as much here, but you will learn a lot and be challenged in ways that will catapult you to a great position and salary at your next company.
Short term opportunity
Assembler Technician II (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 8, 2018
Dead End Job with no real opportunity for advancement . Aover a hungry aerotek holds job placement at Bloom like a carrot over a hungry rabbit, knowing full well that it would take a near act of god to get hired on.
Pros
its a job
Cons
No Security
Positive Environment Overall
Incentive Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 2, 2018
The environment was positive and I was fortunate enough to work in the sales department with positive people who made me feel at home a majority of the time. Contract work for Bloom is a big issue I had noticed, I do hope this has since improved.
Importance of Conserving and maintaining Clean Environment
R&O disassembler (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 10, 2018
It is very well respected environment to work for, nice people and fun always helping each other. The job can be stressful at times but not all the time. Company sometimes gives Christmas gifts and bonus. Have barbecues in the summer time and some fun games included in the gatherings.
Green Company
Field Service Planner (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Company is still operating as a start up company. They need to put process and procedures in place to move foraward. Great company to work for just needs to fine tune some things.
not a bad job
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 3, 2018
Good starting rate
most employees are hired through a temp agency on an 18 month contract and they have to keep a ratio of temps to permanent employees. This means that even though you might be a great employee, there is a good chance they will still let you go at the end of your contract.
good place to work
Assembly technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 18, 2018
good place to work
Good environment
friendly
good manager
good supervisor
good people to work with
fair pay
job is good but dust too much
need to improve for better work ...........
Great coworkers and managers
Incoming Quality Control Inspection Lead (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Love working in Bloom Energy. I enjoy every aspect of it. All members of bloom are very cooperative, and friendly. The managers are also very understanding.
Good
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 27, 2017
Working at bloom was good. I was an employee there and it was very good. I enjoyed it while i was working there. Generally it was fine. I learned a lot.
its an ok place to work at
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 14, 2017
all depends on the day, some days it can be busy some days it can be nothing to do at all. Some managers speak and some don't. its ok to work there, but you might be fired in 18 months if not converted into the company.
Pros
its a job
Cons
you don't get paid what you should

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloom Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight