Bloomberg Employee Reviews

Best company to work for.
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 18, 2018
I have been in warehouse for 32 years and this was the best ran company I have ever worked for in my career. If not for personal reasons I would have retired from that company.
Pros
Everything you wanted in a company
Cons
N/a
Excellent Organization
Digital Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
The organization is a benchmark for what other organizations should follow. Fun group of people and a wonderful working environment. Great advancement opportunities.
Fast paced environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
Fast paced environment where you can easily be overworked. Perks are good, company has a great reputation but inner workings and upper management are not that great.
Great Place
Documentarian Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
I worked in the Studio in a School internship. I loved it. Would recommend to any creative highschooler going into their Junior Summer. I got to create a documentary for Four Freedoms Park, probably the best job I've had ever so far in my life.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Time Management
One of Us
Employee (Current Employee) –  EarthSeptember 7, 2018
Bloomberg is more of a cult than a company. You'll be expected to dedicate yourself and your life to Michael Bloomberg and his philanthropic ventures. There's no such thing as work-life balance at Bloomberg, just work-work. While you may be scheduled to work 9 hour days (don't even think about taking a lunch break) it's more likely you'll be working 10 hour days and 11 and 12 hour days are not uncommon. For all that hard work and dedication you'll be rewarded with zero job security. Layoffs at Bloomberg are routine and apparently based on favoritism, not performance. In my group competent, intelligent, hard-working colleagues were shown the door while an individual who literally spent the day texting and on his Facebook page, took 2 hour lunch breaks and flat-out lied to us to get out of work kept his job. Bloomberg is a one-trick pony and terminal sales have peaked, accordingly I would expect the pace of layoffs to pick up . I saw a diligent, intelligent new-hire from a good university run off after 3 months because his manager took a dislike to him. In a word I would characterize the culture at Bloomberg as mean-spirited. Interesting that a man so committed to philanthropy would have so little compassion for his own employees, the very people whose hard work made his wealth possible.
My experience
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
A typical day at work starts off quickly answering service calls, chats, emails, from Globally and local clients. As well as closing tickets, and collaborating with other departments for final work completions.
Great Company Wonderful benefits and employee perks.
Very Open environment, collaboration and Knowledgeable colleagues.
A truly Philanthropic company paid employee participation's are encourage throughout all departments.
Pros
Great Company Wonderful benefits and employee perks.
Cons
The longer you work at a particular department the harder it is to move around. Extremely difficult!
Writer/Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2018
Good Place to learn about Finance and Business News. The Terminal or Bloomberg is an extremely efficient tool for Business News Reporters, Producers and writers.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Inscrutable
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 2, 2018
1. Fun place to start a career.
2. Will pay for education and advance degrees, as long as its work related.
3. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner-company provides-saves you $$$
4. In short run (3-5 years) salaries are low but for long timers (10+ years) salaries pretty good.
Pros
Strong company to work for
Cons
low pay first 5 years of employment
Excellent place to work
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
Working at Bloomberg is unlike any other in that the internal systems and methodology were developed specifically for the environment there. Nowhere else in my career could the skills I developed at Bloomberg be utilized.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Good place to work with strong benefits package
Equity Derivative Volatility & Quant Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
Bloomberg is a firm that emphasizes hard work and client face-time. At it's core it is a sales and consulting organization, with sales people expected to build relationships with clients and to understand their business and needs.
Pros
Free food, drinks, and snacks
Cons
Unnecessary periodic reorganizations
Diverse culture that conversed around wonderful food courts
Facilities /Administrative Assistant /Events (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
Wonderful state of the art work environment, wonderful displays of public art, a diverse culture of people that gathered and socialize, talk business and mainly eat at the heart of Bloomberg, the food pantries.
Accounting Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2018
Workplace culture is very comfortable,open door layout allows for discussions with upper management to be extremely seamless and inviting. Bloomberg LP does an amazing job in listening to employee ideas to help strengthen efficiency within the organization.
Bloomberg TV & Radio - a mess
Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
The people running TV & radio are a total joke. If you go to work here, god bless you, but just try to get out as soon as you can find something else to move on to. Your contributions will never be valued as long as the old boy's club is running the place.
Can be dynamic and cutting edge place to work
Scrum Master/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 11, 2018
It has some strong points such as collaborative environment, but also much micro managing and not much freedom. The Bloomberg system itself is a wonderful tool.
Pros
Free lunches and great benefits
Cons
Not much room for growth
Tough environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2018
Considerable lack of structure, and support, with no defined on-boarding process, which makes it extremely difficult to come from the outside and be successful.
A great experience
Freelance makeup artist and hair stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2018
My first time working on tv and I could not ask for a better experience. The pay is great and lots of perks like free food and hotel stay during bad storms. They know how to take care of their own.
Pros
Food, hotel stays
Cons
No benifits no job security
Loved it
KYC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Skillman, NJJuly 25, 2018
Great company and great people working with you. At Bloomberg they take the time to make sure you're prepared for the job and what lies ahead. Great work culture
Loved it!
Marketing and Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
I loved Bloomberg. It was one of the best companies I worked for. If I could work there again I would do so in a heartbeat. The culture of helping those beneath you organizationally is outstanding
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Anti-nepotism poilcy
It's good to be the leader
ENTERPRISE RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
Bloomberg is dominant in its space and it knows it. That makes for easy contract negotiations and difficult when dealing with smaller firms looking for some flexibility.
Great, unique culture.
Product Specialist Support Manager (Current Employee) –  san franciscoJuly 17, 2018
Fast paced, ever changing, challenging, cutting edge technology. If you like finance and technology this is the place to be. Large global company, San Francisco office, offers the benefit of working for a large company, but feels like a small company.
Pros
People, benefits, pantry
Cons
Flexability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomberg. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss