Bloomberg Employee Reviews

Culture Changes
West Coast Treasury and Risk Management (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 5, 2018
Company was great collaborative place to work when I started in 2006 and was almost the complete opposite in 2016, with collaboration having gone out of the window and it had become an in-house, silo competing business, with the client being the ultimate loser
Okay
Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2018
Company has a competitive environment and fair rewards. Management is always changing so it is difficult to establish any permanence or loyalty. Free pantry and nice health benefits.
Never ending changes
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
Never ending changes coming from upper management. Training is inadequate and management does not take the time to review the repercussions of their never ending changes in procedures. The company can be an amazing place to work if more emphasis is spent on management & employee communication. The company mainly focuses on recruiting young talent resulting in high turnover but neglects the concept of the older more experience employee as being more dedicated and loyal. Once again, potentially a great company if they can only slow down and perfect what they have first and think through changes before rushing to the finish line.
Innovative and fast paced work environment.
Guest Experience Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
My team is the first point of contact for everyone that enters the building. We greet and orient guests into the building. I have learned to proficiently use the Bloomberg Terminal along with SMILE, a user check in program. Bloomberg is a fast paced environment and I've grown accustom to it and even to like it. The hardest, yet most exciting part of the job would be multitasking various projects and guests needs at once.
Pros
Twenty four hour pantry and transparency.
A place to work
Financial Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 30, 2018
I was very good at my job & was not allowed to be promoted. They prefer to hire kids who have no interest in their company long-term. My understanding is that they believe they're an elite organization but hire kids out of college not people with diverse career backgrounds, i.e. didn't always work 9-5 corporate jobs. The experience a very mixed bag.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
They rarely promote temps.
Okay place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 29, 2018
People at Bloomberg are nice.
But this company is experiencing an identity issue as it wants to be evolved into a tech company instead of being recognized as a financial data company.
Pros
Free lunch, nice co-workers
Cons
TLs without any kind of vision for the future of this company
Professional, fast past environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJOctober 25, 2018
Challenging and competitive work environment.
Great opportunity for advancement and skill cultivation .

Most enjoyable part of the job are the many different cultures and co-workers

The most difficult part is the fast past and changes of the stock market
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner
excellent
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
i worked here a very long time ago but i remember enjoying it very much, the transparency, and modern culture was one of its kind technologically adnaved and rapid promotions
Pros
transparency
Cons
time off
Nice place to work
Director - Marketing Technology (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2018
Nice place to work. Feels like a startup.
Clear objectives, friendly environment, and very fast paced. Logical work hours and plenty of snacks, coffee to keep you going
Very transparent work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
I enjoy working at Bloomberg because of the openness it promotes amongst the employees and the non-hierarchical structure of management. As a larger organization, however, it has issues steering larger initiatives with a strategic sense of purpose.

Want to know more about Bloomberg?

Ask a question
Bloomberg
sr relationship manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2018
My department at Bloomberg was in a downward spirial for over 3 years. There were many layoffs in this time period and I knew my day was going to come. The secretive ways, keeping employees in the dark, no direction, no leadership was the most difficult part of day to day life.
I am a leader, a developmental person who collaborates and coordinates with my team and clients...I need this type of environment to prosper in.
Pros
how the department was 4 years ago
Cons
poor leadership
too many managers
TV News Writer/Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
it's ok, lots of managers, they eventually fire everyone.

nice building, good food.

many people have been there forever, hard to advance to a new position.
Wonderful company to work
Senior Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2018
Very good company. It treats employees really well. A lot of benefits. Open company culture. Flexible working hours. Drawback is the working places is open to everybody so it is noisy and management is a little bit chaotic. Hierarchy is flat so there its not much promotion opportunities. But overall it is a very great company.
Fast paced and fun place to work
Pantry attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
Great place to work,fast paced,great people,On occasions may be required to do a catering service,hours are good,weekends are optional,overall a great workplace
Pros
Good people, free snacks
Cons
Salary, tough for New Yok
Low growth, few opportunities for top performers
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2018
The core business has little growth and the company suffers from classic innovator's dilemma. Lack of risk taking or open mindedness to doing things differently translates into a stultifying environment in which to work. Management culture is paternalistic command-and-control. Office and pantry are beautiful but only the optics of being a vibrant, progressive place to work.
Pros
Pantry
Cons
Little growth, lack of career opportunities, paternalistic culture, no vision for the future
Competitive culture with a lot of room for Advancement
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 25, 2018
As an Intern at Bloomberg LP I learned how to be competitive but also work with my team. The company treats its employees extremely well. You work with highly skilled professionals. Thanks to them I learned how the Corporate World Works.
Pros
Free Breakfast Lunch
Best company to work for.
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 18, 2018
I have been in warehouse for 32 years and this was the best ran company I have ever worked for in my career. If not for personal reasons I would have retired from that company.
Pros
Everything you wanted in a company
Cons
N/a
Excellent Organization
Digital Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
The organization is a benchmark for what other organizations should follow. Fun group of people and a wonderful working environment. Great advancement opportunities.
Fast paced environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
Fast paced environment where you can easily be overworked. Perks are good, company has a great reputation but inner workings and upper management are not that great.
Great Place
Documentarian Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
I worked in the Studio in a School internship. I loved it. Would recommend to any creative highschooler going into their Junior Summer. I got to create a documentary for Four Freedoms Park, probably the best job I've had ever so far in my life.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Time Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomberg. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bloomberg.

Powered by Comparably