Bloomin' Brands Employee Reviews

Great Enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 12, 2019
Great management team, very invested in their workers. Great overall atmosphere from the minute you walk in they are warm friendly and inviting. Wonderful Company!
Drugged Out Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 28, 2019
Job security always up in the air because drugged out managers came into work with different attitudes and expectations everyday. Too many workers and managers had out side relationships that effected daily work.
Pros
Easy work okay service hours
Cons
Drug use
Great place, for a little while.
Waitstaff, Waitstaff Trainer (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 28, 2019
Bloomin Brands is a great company, until the management begins to go downhill, which happens rather quickly. The company is a rather organized zoo, with a strict uniform policy.
Not a single person wanted to be there
Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 21, 2019
cant review something that is a literal hollow shell of no personality that spits out food to its guests. no creativity no passion. It would start a nuclear war if someone was asked to pick up trash off the ground.
Pros
fast money
Cons
no passion
n/a
Executive Chef Partner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2019
apply and learn for yourself I will not discuss any negative reviews.

no life balance

everything is about money

micro management from above

no trust
Great company
FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  COApril 17, 2019
Great Company, I received excellent training worked in Bloomin' Brand restaurants for many years. Well run with excellent training progams ia all departments.
Pros
food, benefits
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2019
I did not much enjoy working for this company. We were overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. There was no formal or informal training of any type.
If I could give this a half a star I would...
Host (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 13, 2019
Honestly besides getting paid 2.13 per hour as a host, you barely get any hours as it is. Your pay depends solely on the amount of people that's in the restaurant. Also if your trying to become a server or advance within the company the owner will give you a "pep talk" of "oh when we hire more people we will advance you". You can honestly save your time in finding another place because the only thing this place is good for is wasting your time while unpaying you. The only good positions to work is either serving or in the back of the house.
Pros
Discounted Food, Free drinks
Cons
Management, Pay, Hours
An ok environment
Outback steakhouse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 23, 2019
To much goofing round, not enough communication and the lack of respect for others,managers didn't have the same interests in mind when working as a group or a team
Pros
Everyone worked together
Cons
Not a friendly work environment
Okay place to work
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 14, 2019
We are supposed to be an agile company, but none of our meetings are ran in an agile format. I am on-call 24/7 and discouraged to work from home. No clear roadmap of the technology future. Bad management decision making. Total turnover in IT management.
Pros
Meal card perks
Cons
on-call and non-flexible work process
Struggling Company
SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2019
When I went to work for Bloomin Brands I was brought on to work specifically with one of the brands. Six months in they had their first "reorganization" letting 70+- people go including my manager.
It was unsettling at this point only having been there a short time, but the mood improved in the offices and I enjoyed what I was doing.
After the second and third round of "reorganizations" I felt it was in my best interest to find employment elsewhere. they were struggling meeting their financial goals and it was exceptionally stressful.
Pros
Good people, great benefits
Cons
exceptionally high stress environment.
Decent corp. to work for
Event Manger/Event Coordinator/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 10, 2019
Not a bad corporation to work for as far as the food service industry goes. The management is pretty laid back, though sometimes to a fault, which can become difficult. Good employee perks.
Pros
Cons
Feed your staff more
Needs improvement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2019
Company lacks clear direction an focus. Organizational changes are not thought through a span of several years, so we are in the habit of re-structuring every other year it seems. Nice perks, but too many office politics to deal with. They have great people, some of them overworked.
Pros
Food comp
Cons
Mediocre health benefits, terrible office politics
Stressful
Research and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2019
Job tenure is never secure with this company, even when you are told you are doing an amazing job performance. Lack of communication from management leads to a stressful working environment
It's Been Better
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 15, 2019
I've worked for the company for 15+ years. Server/bartender then on to salary management after college. Everything was homemade, we were always busy and we had a bonus program when I first went into management. Now everything comes in a bag or is frozen. Regional management was almost entirely replaced recently and new management requires explanations for any dime spent or any item comped. Managers must spend more time sending emails explaining comps or labor than actually running the restaurants. You have PTO time but if you get sick there is no one to work in your place. Other managers have to cover your shift making them work 14+ hours just as a favor. Many come in sick because they feel guilty because of colleagues working open to close. This was a great company to work for but not as of late. They demand champagne but expect it to happen on a beer budget.
Pros
Comp card, vacation
Cons
No sick leave coverage, penny pinching
Poor management and lack of structure
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 9, 2019
I am a hard worker and able to get along with anyone. That environment truly made my depression worse, it got to the point where I dreaded getting up in the mornings. Extremely high turnover, awful management that played favorites and if they didn't like you or you made them mad for any reason they would fire you. Management would berate servers in the middle of the kitchen. Management and staff alike constantly gossiping, I felt like I was back in high school. I've been in the service industry for 15 years & this was the worst place that I have ever worked. Don't put yourself in that position. Quit before I lost my sanity. Oh, and you weren't allowed to request time off.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Everything else
Good place to work and be with friends
FOH SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2019
A typical work day consisted of a vibe check. Which is checking in with each employee, both FOH and BOH making sure they understand the goals and expectations for the day. A line check to assess the product we'll be serving and the running of the daily operations.
Pros
Free meals, flexible schedules
Cons
Low Compensation
Nice
Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Great place to work at. Great people snd good management as well. But as in any other restaurant the money comes out of the work you put in. Dedication only
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Long ours
Dont do it
sever (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MaJanuary 16, 2019
This place is a disaster. Management is a joke at this place. no structure and they play favorites. Management doesnt care about anything and if they dont like you for any reason they will fire you.
The staff thats been there for awhile will talk about you to everyone and then be nice to your face but try to get you fired too.
If you want to be stressed out about nothing, then you should work here.
The restaurant doesn't get that much business anymore so you dont make a lot of money.
fun place to work
Risk management/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2019
it is made clear to us what our jobs are. We are trusted to do complete those tasks and able to have fun in the process. I feel empowered to make decisions without having to consult with anyone else.
Pros
free food!
Cons
unable to work remotely

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomin' Brands. Our community is ready to answer.