Bloomin' Brands Employee Reviews

It's Been Better
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 15, 2019
I've worked for the company for 15+ years. Server/bartender then on to salary management after college. Everything was homemade, we were always busy and we had a bonus program when I first went into management. Now everything comes in a bag or is frozen. Regional management was almost entirely replaced recently and new management requires explanations for any dime spent or any item comped. Managers must spend more time sending emails explaining comps or labor than actually running the restaurants. You have PTO time but if you get sick there is no one to work in your place. Other managers have to cover your shift making them work 14+ hours just as a favor. Many come in sick because they feel guilty because of colleagues working open to close. This was a great company to work for but not as of late. They demand champagne but expect it to happen on a beer budget.
Pros
Comp card, vacation
Cons
No sick leave coverage, penny pinching
Poor management and lack of structure
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 9, 2019
I am a hard worker and able to get along with anyone. That environment truly made my depression worse, it got to the point where I dreaded getting up in the mornings. Extremely high turnover, awful management that played favorites and if they didn't like you or you made them mad for any reason they would fire you. Management would berate servers in the middle of the kitchen. Management and staff alike constantly gossiping, I felt like I was back in high school. I've been in the service industry for 15 years & this was the worst place that I have ever worked. Don't put yourself in that position. Quit before I lost my sanity. Oh, and you weren't allowed to request time off.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Everything else
Nice
Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Great place to work at. Great people snd good management as well. But as in any other restaurant the money comes out of the work you put in. Dedication only
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Long ours
Dont do it
sever (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MaJanuary 16, 2019
This place is a disaster. Management is a joke at this place. no structure and they play favorites. Management doesnt care about anything and if they dont like you for any reason they will fire you.
The staff thats been there for awhile will talk about you to everyone and then be nice to your face but try to get you fired too.
If you want to be stressed out about nothing, then you should work here.
The restaurant doesn't get that much business anymore so you dont make a lot of money.
fun place to work
Risk management/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2019
it is made clear to us what our jobs are. We are trusted to do complete those tasks and able to have fun in the process. I feel empowered to make decisions without having to consult with anyone else.
Pros
free food!
Cons
unable to work remotely
Poor Management; Lack of Respect for Employees
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Lots of drama, lots of talk between management and staff, unprofessional, never busy, tips low, fired if you call out even if two hours in advance.... a little bit ridiculous.
Tipshare way too high for hosts that barely do anything for servers.
Pros
Cash in hand
Cons
Coupons, management, tips, tipshare
Good food
Carrabbas (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLDecember 18, 2018
The food is great and you get a good discount, nice laid back atmosphere with calming music and they are lenient about tattoos/ piercings and nails. Overall a great experience
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Takes forever to advance and get moved up
Productive, as long as you’re moving you can make money.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2018
Working here taught me to be quick paced, and come up with solutions quickly. Time spent here can be said was productive no matter if there was no customers walking in, the managers would find something for you to do.
Management Not to be Trusted
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2018
They talk about 'full transparency', but they speak from both sides of their mouth.

They say one thing, but with an entirely different meaning.

DO NOT TRUST what they say!

LARGE LAYOFFS (purges) EVERY YEAR for the past several years.

Creating more work for those who were not cut, and then the jobs that were cut went to 'offshore' contractors.
Pros
Restaurant comp cards, nice environment, great co-workers
Cons
Management cannot be trusted.
Very productive,can be a fun work place
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at work is long and very stressful a lot of times.I learned more about food cost and food waste.Management is a weakness in this company,Bloomin' Brands need to be more selective about who they presume as Managers and drug test their Managers randomly.The workplace culture here is not good and that's I'll say about it.The hardest part of this job is working with some of the management and team members,some Managers here engage with the team members off the clock.The most enjoyable part of this job was Guest satisfaction!!!
Pros
Free meals
Cons
short breaks, expensive healthcare, no bonuses, disrespectful team members
Very friendly and helpful workplace
Outback Steakhouse (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 30, 2018
I enjoy working for Bloomin Brands, it is a very fast paced environment at times so I work well under pressure but the team as a whole is very helpful and encouraging.
Learning Experience
Senior Manager for Outback Steakhouse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 27, 2018
The hours are long and responsibilities are not easy. I was a fully trained, partner ready, senior manager so the company strives to promote from within.
Good place to work and was treated fairly.
Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2018
Great people and atmosphere. The first several years were highly productive and fun. Economic downturn began a high turnover rate and created a bit of chaos to an otherwise healthy workplace.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
Always had to work remotely on holidays and vacation days.
Great Company IF You're Not Expendable
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for Bloomin' Brands during my tenure and planned to be there for the long-term. However, they tend to cut corners in critical areas such as Customer Care and FMLA. This became problematic for me after I'd become involved in a car accident and required intermittent leave to care for my medical condition. When BBI plans its RIFs, it trims the fat around these areas first as they create "hardships for the company." I lost my job very quickly.
Pros
Elaborate Quarterly Meetings, Christmas Parties, and a nice Comp Card
Cons
Lots of RIFs, little job security company wide
It is very hard to work here because management is so bad.
Carry Out (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 18, 2018
When I first started to work for this company I really enjoyed it. After about 10 months I got promoted to our carry out/ delivery trainer. This was great until I realized that no matter how I handled things, it was never right for the manager. I’d do exacty as she tells me, then she’d talk to me about not handling situations the correct way. Very poor management in the store I work at.
Pros
50% discount for the restaurant you work at, 25% off for sister company restaurants
Quick-paced, fun people to be around
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHSeptember 16, 2018
Bloomin' Brands has been a great place to work over the last 10 years. Talking and making guest connections everyday is a huge benefit of the job.My management team makes it a fun environment to work in we are always having contest to win various prices.
Pros
Friendships made
Cons
slow in the summer
Amazing place to work!
Server/Bartender Key manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I loved working here. This company runs so smoothly. Everyone from foh to boh to management is good at their job. They take the proper time to train you. The food is excellent and prepared properly majority of the time. Run for advancement.
Pros
Large checks, manageable sections. Friendly staff.
Cons
3 table sections
Bb
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2018
When I started there I enjoyed the job. I worked there for 5 years but in the last year or so I didn't enjoy it as much. There were lots of layoffs at various points & the workload continued to increase for everyone despite there being so many layoffs.
You're just another notch on their belt
Server/Bartender/headwait (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 11, 2018
this company doesn't care about you or anything, worked for them for quite some time and sad ill never get that time back in my life! Managers are awful and they advance the worst people possible! such a shame how ive been treated and witnessed others be treated!
Hall of Fame of Great Reaturants
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2018
I loved my career at BLMN Brands. They provided the tools, budget, resources and mentorship to accomplish the goals.

Their people drive Innovation and efficiency to the business.
Pros
Great meal comp