Bloomin' Brands Employee Reviews

Management Not to be Trusted
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2018
They talk about 'full transparency', but they speak from both sides of their mouth.

They say one thing, but with an entirely different meaning.

DO NOT TRUST what they say!

LARGE LAYOFFS (purges) EVERY YEAR for the past several years.

Creating more work for those who were not cut, and then the jobs that were cut went to 'offshore' contractors.
Pros
Restaurant comp cards, nice environment, great co-workers
Cons
Management cannot be trusted.
Very productive,can be a fun work place
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at work is long and very stressful a lot of times.I learned more about food cost and food waste.Management is a weakness in this company,Bloomin' Brands need to be more selective about who they presume as Managers and drug test their Managers randomly.The workplace culture here is not good and that's I'll say about it.The hardest part of this job is working with some of the management and team members,some Managers here engage with the team members off the clock.The most enjoyable part of this job was Guest satisfaction!!!
Pros
Free meals
Cons
short breaks, expensive healthcare, no bonuses, disrespectful team members
Very friendly and helpful workplace
Outback Steakhouse (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 30, 2018
I enjoy working for Bloomin Brands, it is a very fast paced environment at times so I work well under pressure but the team as a whole is very helpful and encouraging.
Learning Experience
Senior Manager for Outback Steakhouse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 27, 2018
The hours are long and responsibilities are not easy. I was a fully trained, partner ready, senior manager so the company strives to promote from within.
Great Company IF You're Not Expendable
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for Bloomin' Brands during my tenure and planned to be there for the long-term. However, they tend to cut corners in critical areas such as Customer Care and FMLA. This became problematic for me after I'd become involved in a car accident and required intermittent leave to care for my medical condition. When BBI plans its RIFs, it trims the fat around these areas first as they create "hardships for the company." I lost my job very quickly.
Pros
Elaborate Quarterly Meetings, Christmas Parties, and a nice Comp Card
Cons
Lots of RIFs, little job security company wide
It is very hard to work here because management is so bad.
Carry Out (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 18, 2018
When I first started to work for this company I really enjoyed it. After about 10 months I got promoted to our carry out/ delivery trainer. This was great until I realized that no matter how I handled things, it was never right for the manager. I’d do exacty as she tells me, then she’d talk to me about not handling situations the correct way. Very poor management in the store I work at.
Pros
50% discount for the restaurant you work at, 25% off for sister company restaurants
Quick-paced, fun people to be around
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHSeptember 16, 2018
Bloomin' Brands has been a great place to work over the last 10 years. Talking and making guest connections everyday is a huge benefit of the job.My management team makes it a fun environment to work in we are always having contest to win various prices.
Pros
Friendships made
Cons
slow in the summer
Amazing place to work!
Server/Bartender Key manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I loved working here. This company runs so smoothly. Everyone from foh to boh to management is good at their job. They take the proper time to train you. The food is excellent and prepared properly majority of the time. Run for advancement.
Pros
Large checks, manageable sections. Friendly staff.
Cons
3 table sections
Bb
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2018
When I started there I enjoyed the job. I worked there for 5 years but in the last year or so I didn't enjoy it as much. There were lots of layoffs at various points & the workload continued to increase for everyone despite there being so many layoffs.
You're just another notch on their belt
Server/Bartender/headwait (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 11, 2018
this company doesn't care about you or anything, worked for them for quite some time and sad ill never get that time back in my life! Managers are awful and they advance the worst people possible! such a shame how ive been treated and witnessed others be treated!
Hall of Fame of Great Reaturants
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2018
I loved my career at BLMN Brands. They provided the tools, budget, resources and mentorship to accomplish the goals.

Their people drive Innovation and efficiency to the business.
Pros
Great meal comp
Fantastic company...
Senior Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Not all departments are created equal but overall the culture at Bloomin' Brands is great. It's a family atmosphere and they do a lot to keep their people in-the-know and engaged.
Long work weeks with no advancement, training or compensation. Took 10 years to receive a pay raise of 2k.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 22, 2018
They have a good mission statement in their principles and beliefs. Unfortunately its all for show. They say their most valuable asset is their people, but after 17 years of service I can tell you I don't feel valued nor have I ever. Carrabbas takes more than it gives.

They are headed in the wrong direction.
down or flat in sales, closing/not opening restaurants. In my experience they aren't good about career advancement or pay increases from within. My last raise was in 2008. They seem to value outsiders more than the people they have.

They have a good training program its just very poorly executed due to understaffed restaurants. Food quality is on the decline.

Good news is, if you can tolerate the work weeks and underwhelming pay, your job is very secure. Very few people ever get fired for under performing. They have a hard time staffing or the management position, specifically kitchen manager.
Pros
$100 comp card to carrabbas and affliate restaurants after 17 years accumulated 4 weeks of PTO
Cons
health care isnt good, No cost of living pay increases in 10 years, Limited opportunity for advancements
Great company culture and mentorship
DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2018
I was an intern with BBI for just less than a year and I learned so much while I was there. My immediate manager spent countless hours training me and mentoring me for my future after college. To this day we are still friends and he has helped me with my future marketing career. BBI has a very welcoming atmosphere and great company culture. You truly feel part of the team, no matter what position you hold.
Great compnay
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2018
I love the company itself have worked at several locations. The management team at the Birmingham location, just needs to treat their employees better. They have no concern for others and needs training in day to day interactions with being a decent person. To request the things this management team has of their employees, and then treat them in the manner that they have shows that they have little regard or respect that their employees have families.
Pros
Money is good at times and consistent thru the yeat
Cons
short breaks and little regard for families and the balance of work and family
Productive, fun, learning environment
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 9, 2018
Great folks in all concepts. Encouraging culture of People First. Good benefits, opportunities abound. Diverse workforce, accountable executive level management
Poor management
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 31, 2018
The San Marcos location has poor management and lacks professionalism. They will allow poorly made food to go out just to minimize loss of sale/profit. The managers do not know what they are doing and the lead manager is constantly behaving unprofessionally. The back of house is extremely dirty and we were expected to just scrape off residue on the plates. The managers are all on different pages.

Don't work here if you can't handle contradicting managers.
Pros
easy, work/life balance
Cons
bad management, dirty, poor scheduling, favoritism
Good nighttime job
Head Waiter (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 25, 2018
Great place that opens in afternoon and is good to employees.You are able to transfer from concept to concept and even state to state. Proprietors are the GM and have their own money invested in the store so they care more.
SR. UTILITY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2018
A prgressive agile work environment with high expectations. Encourage working smarter. Provide acceptable compensation packages with employee comp to sites owned.
Pros
Comp
Average restaurant experience
Host (Former Employee) –  Shelby Charter Township, MIJuly 19, 2018
Pretty average restaurant experience, staff that worked there were all very nice, however business slowed down and I had gotten a better paying job. ,