Bloomin' Brands Employee Reviews

Quick-paced, fun people to be around
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHSeptember 16, 2018
Bloomin' Brands has been a great place to work over the last 10 years. Talking and making guest connections everyday is a huge benefit of the job.My management team makes it a fun environment to work in we are always having contest to win various prices.
Pros
Friendships made
Cons
slow in the summer
Long work weeks with no advancement, training or compensation. Took 10 years to receive a pay raise of 2k.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 22, 2018
They have a good mission statement in their principles and beliefs. Unfortunately its all for show. They say their most valuable asset is their people, but after 17 years of service I can tell you I don't feel valued nor have I ever. Carrabbas takes more than it gives.

They are headed in the wrong direction.
down or flat in sales, closing/not opening restaurants. In my experience they aren't good about career advancement or pay increases from within. My last raise was in 2008. They seem to value outsiders more than the people they have.

They have a good training program its just very poorly executed due to understaffed restaurants. Food quality is on the decline.

Good news is, if you can tolerate the work weeks and underwhelming pay, your job is very secure. Very few people ever get fired for under performing. They have a hard time staffing or the management position, specifically kitchen manager.
Pros
$100 comp card to carrabbas and affliate restaurants after 17 years accumulated 4 weeks of PTO
Cons
health care isnt good, No cost of living pay increases in 10 years, Limited opportunity for advancements
Great company culture and mentorship
DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2018
I was an intern with BBI for just less than a year and I learned so much while I was there. My immediate manager spent countless hours training me and mentoring me for my future after college. To this day we are still friends and he has helped me with my future marketing career. BBI has a very welcoming atmosphere and great company culture. You truly feel part of the team, no matter what position you hold.
Great compnay
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2018
I love the company itself have worked at several locations. The management team at the Birmingham location, just needs to treat their employees better. They have no concern for others and needs training in day to day interactions with being a decent person. To request the things this management team has of their employees, and then treat them in the manner that they have shows that they have little regard or respect that their employees have families.
Pros
Money is good at times and consistent thru the yeat
Cons
short breaks and little regard for families and the balance of work and family
Productive, fun, learning environment
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 9, 2018
Great folks in all concepts. Encouraging culture of People First. Good benefits, opportunities abound. Diverse workforce, accountable executive level management
Poor management
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 31, 2018
The San Marcos location has poor management and lacks professionalism. They will allow poorly made food to go out just to minimize loss of sale/profit. The managers do not know what they are doing and the lead manager is constantly behaving unprofessionally. The back of house is extremely dirty and we were expected to just scrape off residue on the plates. The managers are all on different pages.

Don't work here if you can't handle contradicting managers.
Pros
easy, work/life balance
Cons
bad management, dirty, poor scheduling, favoritism
Good nighttime job
Head Waiter (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 25, 2018
Great place that opens in afternoon and is good to employees.You are able to transfer from concept to concept and even state to state. Proprietors are the GM and have their own money invested in the store so they care more.
Great stepping stone
HR Specialist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2018
As a contracted employee, my views of Bloomin' are very different. In addition to the fact that I have an amazing manager.
The company is trying very hard to keep up with the times, but it struggles when certain leaders are still stuck in the past. The constant restructuring of departments leaves the non-management employees stressed, which impacts work for everyone.

It is a very clicky organization, but not as bad as I have seen in other companies. This a great corporate environment to learn your role and gain the experience you need.

Overall, this is a great place to work and learn a ton, but you have to take the initiative and have thick skin.
Pros
Teammates, mid-level mgmt., work-life balance
Cons
Hard to grow, permanent positions not available
Lots of fun and amazing food
Bonefish (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 22, 2018
I had a large amount of respect for this company until I had to handle some extremely import issues. It required me to be gone for 2 months, but I was promised I would have my job immediately after my arrival. That turned out to be a lie. It is a real disappointing because I really loved this job. I had so much fun working here, the entire time is so easy to work with, and the amount of love you get from the guest is hard to match anywhere else.
Pros
Lots of money and fun
not for me
Director, Consumer Insights (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2018
i lost 3 years of my career growth by working here. some great people, but stuck in the stone ages. I was attracted to the company because of its Principles + Beliefs, and the belief that if we take care of our employees, the business will take care of itself. that never happened. very tough culture, not for me. took a huge step back.
Pros
free food
Cons
everything
Bloomin Brands
Outback Steakhouse (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMay 8, 2018
Great company to work for, and I would recommend this workplace to anyone. The rate of pay could be a little better, but as far as managers go I give great remarks.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Rate of pay
Working here can be overwhelming definitely on the weekends. But it's about getting the job done that's all that matters
Outback Steakhouse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2018
Your not here to be anyone's friend it's about getting the job done and going home peacefully There will be drama but that's at any job that's why it's best just to keep to yourself and make money.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
N/a
Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2018
New people were always hired and promoted in the same month. Rarely were people trained properly. Great place to meet people and build networks. This job was very flexible with your schedule and willing to work with you.
Pros
Fast cash and flexibility
Cons
No breaks or real benefits
Great Work Environment
Owner/Managing Partner Outback Steakhouse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 20, 2018
Truly enjoyed people and felt that my contributions were appreciated. Regular staff meetings and manager outings provided ample opportunity for free flow exchange of ideas.
Pros
The people who worked there.
Cons
Restaurant closed
Need to be more data driven
Application Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2018
- Good place to get exposure to Azure if you are in IT.
- Annual 'realignment' and FTE / Consultant ratio doesn't prompt growth for the FTE.
- 1990 work space. Aka cubicles, no stand up desk ,no fun area, no snack. However, do have Coke Freestyle.
- The employee benefit is actually pretty good but no 401k match if you make above certain amount.
- Wish could say more good things about Bloomin Brands but can't.
- Need to listen to your employees and data with long term IT strategy instead of chasing shiny object for a year and change again.
Pros
100% Comp on restaurants.
Great place to work, have fun, and make money
PROPRIETOR (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 31, 2018
Outback is a great restaurant to work for. There is much opportunity for advancement. The pace is all up to you. They offer many benefits other restaurants do not.
Poor Management and Low Pay
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 14, 2018
Tip share killed any chances of me making decent money. I would work an 8 hour shift just to tip 30% (they tell you it's 3% of you overall sales when you are hired but fail to mention that it averages out to 30% of your tips.) of your total tips to other people in the restaurant. It was annoying that I had to share some of my tips with the bar when there were many nights non of my tables ordered drink from the bar. The whole tip share process here was awful and I felt like they were stealing my hard earned money.

The management treated the servers like garbage. They always felt the need to assert dominance by degrading their employees.

Overall not a great experience. Would never work here again.
Pros
50% off on the job meals
Cons
low tips, bad environment
Overall good
Server (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Friendly staff, made a lot of friends at Carrabbas, the proprietor(Scott) was very nice too, rarely ever got mad or said anything negative, very fair as well. The other managers over the time i was there (Mike, Reko, Burnadette, and Christy) all had some quirks like everyone does, but I'd happily work with any of them again. The only downside and the reason I left was due to money, it wasn't very expensive at all, and we had one of the slowest seasons ever as well, so It just wasn't enough money.
Loved the culture and the people
Runbook Analyst - IT Operations, Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2018
BBI was a great place to work, with a relaxed culture and friendly people who were some of the best in their fields. I very much enjoyed my time there.
Cons
Very difficult for contract jobs to turn into fte positions and most employees are contractors
Good environment
HR Data Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2017
Great environment to work in. 5 years in Human Resources and all my experience has been gained with the company, I am very grateful. Looking for a new organization with opportunity of advancement.