Bloomin' Brands Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lots of fun and amazing food
Bonefish (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 22, 2018
I had a large amount of respect for this company until I had to handle some extremely import issues. It required me to be gone for 2 months, but I was promised I would have my job immediately after my arrival. That turned out to be a lie. It is a real disappointing because I really loved this job. I had so much fun working here, the entire time is so easy to work with, and the amount of love you get from the guest is hard to match anywhere else.
Pros
Lots of money and fun
not for me
Director, Consumer Insights (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2018
i lost 3 years of my career growth by working here. some great people, but stuck in the stone ages. I was attracted to the company because of its Principles + Beliefs, and the belief that if we take care of our employees, the business will take care of itself. that never happened. very tough culture, not for me. took a huge step back.
Pros
free food
Cons
everything
Bloomin Brands
Outback Steakhouse (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMay 8, 2018
Great company to work for, and I would recommend this workplace to anyone. The rate of pay could be a little better, but as far as managers go I give great remarks.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Rate of pay
Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2018
New people were always hired and promoted in the same month. Rarely were people trained properly. Great place to meet people and build networks. This job was very flexible with your schedule and willing to work with you.
Pros
Fast cash and flexibility
Cons
No breaks or real benefits
Great Work Environment
Owner/Managing Partner Outback Steakhouse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 20, 2018
Truly enjoyed people and felt that my contributions were appreciated. Regular staff meetings and manager outings provided ample opportunity for free flow exchange of ideas.
Pros
The people who worked there.
Cons
Restaurant closed
Need to be more data driven
Application Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2018
- Good place to get exposure to Azure if you are in IT.
- Annual 'realignment' and FTE / Consultant ratio doesn't prompt growth for the FTE.
- 1990 work space. Aka cubicles, no stand up desk ,no fun area, no snack. However, do have Coke Freestyle.
- The employee benefit is actually pretty good but no 401k match if you make above certain amount.
- Wish could say more good things about Bloomin Brands but can't.
- Need to listen to your employees and data with long term IT strategy instead of chasing shiny object for a year and change again.
Pros
100% Comp on restaurants.
Great place to work, have fun, and make money
PROPRIETOR (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 31, 2018
Outback is a great restaurant to work for. There is much opportunity for advancement. The pace is all up to you. They offer many benefits other restaurants do not.
Poor Management and Low Pay
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 14, 2018
Tip share killed any chances of me making decent money. I would work an 8 hour shift just to tip 30% (they tell you it's 3% of you overall sales when you are hired but fail to mention that it averages out to 30% of your tips.) of your total tips to other people in the restaurant. It was annoying that I had to share some of my tips with the bar when there were many nights non of my tables ordered drink from the bar. The whole tip share process here was awful and I felt like they were stealing my hard earned money.

The management treated the servers like garbage. They always felt the need to assert dominance by degrading their employees.

Overall not a great experience. Would never work here again.
Pros
50% off on the job meals
Cons
low tips, bad environment
Overall good
Server (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Friendly staff, made a lot of friends at Carrabbas, the proprietor(Scott) was very nice too, rarely ever got mad or said anything negative, very fair as well. The other managers over the time i was there (Mike, Reko, Burnadette, and Christy) all had some quirks like everyone does, but I'd happily work with any of them again. The only downside and the reason I left was due to money, it wasn't very expensive at all, and we had one of the slowest seasons ever as well, so It just wasn't enough money.
Loved the culture and the people
Runbook Analyst - IT Operations, Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2018
BBI was a great place to work, with a relaxed culture and friendly people who were some of the best in their fields. I very much enjoyed my time there.
Cons
Very difficult for contract jobs to turn into fte positions and most employees are contractors
Good environment
HR Data Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2017
Great environment to work in. 5 years in Human Resources and all my experience has been gained with the company, I am very grateful. Looking for a new organization with opportunity of advancement.
Worse job ever
Certified prep cook (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 24, 2017
Worse place I've ever worked......kept it so cold I had to wear thermals in july.....one manager has no idea what she's doing.....anyone that don't respect their employee enough to give them a break don't deserve great employees.....one manager slung the mixing bowl across the floor because he was mad....damaged the bowl where it wasn't use able anymore.....one more step and I would have wendown like a bowling pin......40 years in restaurants and this was the worst year of my life, job wise....
Pros
Cons
No break, angry managers
Terrible place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Valdoata gaDecember 19, 2017
When you get the job you are promised the world and how great they are, but when you start working there you are actually dropped into a popularity contest hosted and judged by people who back stab and are bad at there job. The management staff doesn't know what there doing and have real attitude problems. Also the cleanliness is defiantly lacking. Oh and if you don't cover a shift that's not yours last minute on your day off when your out of town they threaten to fire you. Run away if offered a job.
Horrible kitchen cleanliness
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARDecember 16, 2017
Horrible work environment, the management wants to work with the employees but the owner will not give them free reign to do so. Breaks were unheard of and I was laughed at for asking for one.
Pros
None, competitive pay.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare
Good money, office politics aren’t worth it.
Bar tender (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 12, 2017
Will reel you in with decent money, but working conditions and morale are usually low. Depending on the location advancement is more often than not unlikely; also flexibility with schedules are poor. Loyalty is almost nonexistent.
Pros
50% food, good money
Cons
Money not worth the politics and drama
Easy job, poor management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MODecember 11, 2017
Come on folks its fast food easy job we have all had a job before. What made this job difficult was the attitudes of the overall staff. Management lackes any authority over staff and the staff came to hang. Raises don't get handed out and if they do watch your check might have to wait a month or two.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Work environment
Blows
Server (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LADecember 5, 2017
Worst management team every. Very much like high school gossip and hang out hour. Inattentive during training. High turn over rate , poor location. Too much maaterial not enough cooperation, poor ethics when selecting employees
Pros
Customers when lucky
Cons
Intelligence
Like working3
Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  GANovember 22, 2017
Not much to say about them I mean it could be a good place to work if you have the right management in the right managers backing you up with everything
Fast paced and easy going
Bartender, Server (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 22, 2017
There are plenty of opportunities to improve yourself and move up in the company or to have as a spare job making extra money. Typically runs as a family with a never-ending feeling and understanding of 'teamwork makes the dream work'
Pros
Half off of your meals with a flexible schedule
Cons
Not long hours
2 years of not being appreciated
Line Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNNovember 20, 2017
What should be a pretty good looking 2 year span of work for a resume, has been belittled and devalued. Hours cut from 48 a week to 30 if I struggle. Work pace and number of items to prep nearly doubled. They work 3 people on a station because they CANNOT find skilled workers! They would rather pay 2 dish per night, than pay one good dish overtime.
Pros
Job security! if you can put up with it, you won't be fired at least. They can't afford to let anyone go!
Cons
Boy oh boy, where do I begin.