Bloomingdale's
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA52 reviews
It was a great learning experience for me in management. I had a manager that was very honest with me and that gave me constructive criticism when needed
Bloomingdales is the worst company I have ever worked for I was recruited received a $15,000 increase and a sign on bonus, taken to lunch, a welcome breakfast. I felt as if I was in retail heaven and I was really in retail ...
Pros
Cons
Dishonesty
Is just the supervisor does not want to share anything with anyone, you have to learn everything by yourself which make it a little bit difficult while working there but other than that it’s great to work with others.
Managment dont care nothing about staff very toxic enviroment All they care about is making money in don't even care about the health of the staff the environment of the stuff and is just few people making a lot of money and we hide stuff earning $13 per hour in the District of Columbia
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Acquisition and Maintenance of Checking and Savings accounts as well as Credit Cards, Personal and Traditional Auto loans
NMLS Certified for Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit

Maintain an operational sound branch by adhering to company policy
Bloomingdale's was a nice place the discount was good and the perks of free merchandise was good as well. Customers and other employees were the most stressful thing to deal with. But, if you are a friendly energetic person who gets along with others then you will have fun. Pushing the merchandise in this type of selling environment is somewhat hard but there is still opportunity to make money.
Not a bad place to be. It's fun and you must have an open availability to work there. Schedule is not flexible for people with children. You must make your numbers in order for the management to like you.
Pros
free food at trainings and good discounts.
Cons
schedule not flexible for people with children
My day usually starts fairly early in the morning (5:30 or 7:00 am) to mid afternoon (4:00 pm on most days). My work schedule is flexible as well. The workload tends to dictate what your workday will look like too.
Part-time sales consultant. I worked in the evenings and on weekends. My duties consisted of helping customers select dresses in the dress department. I learned to listen to a customer's needs so as to ensure a satisfied customer. Management was very professional. Workplace culture was fast pace and high-end. sometimes the hardest part was keeping up with different customers on a busy sale day. The most enjoyable part was in satisfying my customers.
Pros
Store discount.
Cons
No Cons
The discount is the best part of the job. The hours aren't flexible if you're full time. The company only cares about numbers. Creates a hostile work environment. Coworkers can be territorial if they have been there for years. A lot of coworkers are nice.
Will answer in an interview situation and not via email. I do not find that it is relevant in a application process. No other company request this information and find it unnecessary.
There is so much to and fro from Management to employees- very transparent- the Company values it's employees and is eager to help them succeed, and that is a great value to anyone working there!
Federated has a gem with Bloomingdales, and I will always cherish the time I was with the Company-
I enjoyed this job however it was only a temporary position it was seasonal. I enjoyed my coworkers my managers the time I spent with everyone. I learned many new things and also I learned how to work as a cashier. I would love to work for them again. Manager staff this time around.
Pros
huge discount and they have clothing for 1cent for employees first then they put on the floor.
Cons
breaks
..... i guess it was a dry location or something because i couldn't find enough opportunities to make what i made at my last department store gig. Its apples and oranges
Wouldn't recommend as a long term career option unless your a retail lifer in sales. No communication to team, no job security and no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Scheduling flexibility
Cons
outside of sales positions I do not recomend
Overall it was a very positive experience. The numbers are high and so are the expectations to do well. The company is big on maintaining relationships with clients and opening credit within the store. That is a good thing because clients will always come back to you if they are treated well.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
cold calling
Management in Cosmetics and human resources are juvenile and prejudice. There are ongoing investigations but no follow through. They are not knowledgeable so employees often have to fend for themselves if they need to find out pertinent information.
Pros
no pros
Cons
not being able to work with people who know what they are doing
It's a great place to work and the management was supportive and empowering. Every day there was something new to learn and knowledge was shared freely. Fashion is high end!
Pros
Supportive management, training
I worked for Bloomingdale's many years ago and I did not enjoy the work environment. The culture was very stressful and cut-throat. The department manager was dishonest and unsupportive.
Macy's is well-organized when picking your schedule as an cashier. I was seasonal from October to December and work 6 days a week. The store is very clean, the security is on point, and I got to work in different departments it was really fun. Beware of Christmas time lol.
Pros
Work anything but Commission sales
Cons
Working in infants or visual merchandising will challenge you
The job itself is fun, the coworkers are all great. The management is 50/50. I would say half of them do their job very well. Compensation is awful though, at least for commission zones. I don't understand how one expect us to perform our best when we basically owe money back out of commission checks when we can't reach our weekly "draw." It's as if we pay rent to come work there.

I just don't like the idea of having my paycheck up to fate even if I work my best that week. We can only control so much traffic and getting clients into the store.