Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Unproductive
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Unproductive job, a ton of employee theft, very little supervision, though the tasks themselves were incredibly easy I found the job was all together frustrating from the lack of support from coworkers and the mess of my department
Pros
convient location
Good Retail Sales Working Environment
Retail Sales Associate, Men's Luxury Goods (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 18, 2018
For a Retail Sales Position, Bloomingdale's offers a collaborative and supportive working condition. Management supportive of adjusting working schedule to meet employees family/personal needs.
Pros
Employees discounts
Cons
Limited income potential
This is the worst workplace on earth. Really
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
I hope they try to defame me or even say I'm not eligible for rehire, i have so much stuff on them. I was an executive in the corporate buying office. The horrific racist and sexist jokes. The viciousness and poisons. The gossip and rumors. HR is basically equivalent to the worst most two faced people you will meet on a power trip. This place made me sick.Horrific environment, HR will make up lies and even if you do an amazing job, they will constantly fail you on your performance in order to deny you a raise. Horrific work environment, I saw 17 people quit within a year. I think this place gave me PTSD. It's like mean girls with 50 year old women. So disorganized, HR changed the teams and career path 4 times in less than 2 years, basically demoting people and doubling their work. I have never worked in a worst place in my life- and in previous places I was almost stabbed . They will try to frame you or accuse you of wrongdoing even if you have proof otherwise .
Pros
Sample sales
Cons
The people, Hr, The buying teams, Hr executive team, Everything
job
Sales - Y.E.S - Contemporary (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 16, 2018
I enjoyed working here, flexible hours, great work experience. The training was great and once I started working I had the right tools to be successful.
social work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  59th streetOctober 16, 2018
great place to work high traffic volume, opportunity to learn how to sale great employee discounts and perks. friendly management and co workers access to a great area for outside lunches
Pros
seminars
Cons
dress code
High Pace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
Fast pace environment, great place for younger fashion-forward professionals seeking to build a foundation for customer service and intrapersonal and gain real-world experience.
Pros
clothing allowance
Envinroment
make up artis (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2018
It was a good place to work in the beginning but then became quite cut throat ! It stop being about the customer and only care about sales . Lots of dilemma among vendors on the floor .
Pros
Commission
Benefits
A good place to start off working in the real world with a pool table until you can find something better.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 12, 2018
Clock in on time and greet your fellow employees. Wait for the manager to tell you your routine. Grab equipment for use of routine; then head to your assigned work area. Learned how to pay attention to detail and double check my work. Management is open some times to hear what employees have to say but they take no action. Management also pick there favorite workers and give those employees what they want. It's a mix group of employees that seem to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is working in certain areas where it's other department workers doing their job as you do yours; but there's hardly space to maneuver. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with others and being able to discussing better positions among us employees.
Pros
Pay for food, drinks
Cons
Short breaks
Sales Associate
Women's Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYOctober 7, 2018
The staff is not easy to work with. Many of your hard earned sales are stolen by fellow employees. Not a positive work environment at all. The management clearly expresses favoritism.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Staff
Dont do it to yourself
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 4, 2018
The bloomingdales in century city is the absolute worst company. They treat their workers like slaves, the only good thing is the discounts but you dont even get paid enough to utilize that.
Avoid.
Director, Omni-channel Imaging (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2018
As with many brick and mortar based retailers they are absolutely floundering in the Amazon age. Their leadership is intrenched and nepotistic and they are only concerned with their bottom line.
Best job ever
Customer Service/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2018
Pay was so so, management left much to be desired. But the wonderful thing about department stores is basically you live and breathe in your own area of responsibility. Overall it was a great 3 year run and I’d do it again in a heart beat. This job was the perfect example of having a great work life balance over high pay.
Retail
Business Manager/Skin Care Advisor/MUA (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Typical Bloomingdales environment. Very faced passed and you deal with the general public. Need to have excellent customer service and people skills. Able to work under stress and pressure.
will make you work 39 hours but will keep you under 40!
Logistics and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 25, 2018
This was a horrible experience for me. During their slow seasons I would work only like 20 hours a week and during their heavy seasons like Christmas they would make me work like 38 hours always keeping me under the 40 hours to avoid paying benefits.
Pros
discount
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PASeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at Bloomingdales. I feel the pay could have been more because it is an upscale store. It was a nice environment because of the clientele
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Work nights and weekends
Great team of management
Selling Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2018
This was simply a great environment. Granted you work long and crazy retail hours, but that is to me expected in this industry. Management was big on celebrating everyone's successes, etc.
Always looked forward to coming to work.
Pros
Celebrations, food, fun events, benefits and compensation, discount.
Cons
long hours, sometimes short of sales help.
Good place to start.
Manager-in-training (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 24, 2018
This is a great company to start your career. I had the opportunity to work in one of the bigger stores with lots of support departments. So my experience comes with some bias. Learnt how to run a business. There are tons of resources, for example, on-site educational conferences.
Pros
You will learn to run a business.
Cons
Not much benefits.
Past time glory
Internal Investigator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2018
Over the years I see the company loosing class by giving in to certain "new trends", poor hiring and due to departure of old school high class sales professionals. Nevertheless it is still doing fairly well. The crowds declined significantly through the years.
Great Experience
POLO RALPH LAUREN SALES LEAD SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 23, 2018
Working at Bloomingdales was a pleasure
Managers present and support is missing.
Empowerment policy need to be revised.
Nice environment to work , customers are great .
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Trainnig and cross trainig need to be improved.
stock man
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 22, 2018
honestly just stock whatever I was told to . Get there around 6 am stock one thing then another . go to whatever area needs help do my best to make sure everything is well stocked .
Pros
early shift
Cons
seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomingdale's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight