Bloomingdale's Employee Reviews

Found 1,617 reviews matching the search See all 1,643 reviews
Bloomingdales
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 12, 2018
Bloomingdales is not a bad company, it really depends on the management and the management I had was not good in my opinion, very one sided and fake..
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Salary
Fun work place without being micromanaged
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CADecember 10, 2018
working with new employees you like, the environment was great until upper management changed, i learned a lot. There is a lot of entitled customers and we don't get enough recognition for dealing with them.
Pros
discounts
Cons
on your feet all day, management not properly trained
busy sales environment
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PADecember 9, 2018
Main focus on sales, does have opportunities for career advancement within. Every day you meet and discuss goals. Senior team not involved directly with day to day. Business managers run the building.
Free For All For Employees and Customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2018
Not a rewarding place to work especially during the holiday season. The employees who have been there for a long time and get rehired for the Holiday season leave the selling floor for hours to roam Bloomingdale’s, therefore putting more pressure on the employees who actually do their job on the selling floor. Since there isn’t a manager there frequently employees therefore feel like they can talk to other employees in an inappropriate manner which creates for a hostile work environment. No direction, or real training for seasonal hires therefore customers who feel entitled to excellent customer service, then get extremely impatient and rude towards you . Had a run in with a customer in which she almost physically hit me but no one was there to diffuse the situation. The way Bloomingdale’s operates during the holiday season is dysfunctional, and disorganized. My manager was extremely kind and sweet but the fact that the company doesn’t have a designated person on the floor at all times to manage the actions of poor employees and to train employees so that customers don’t lose their minds and patience is ridiculous.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Weeks, Magnolia Bakery
Cons
No real management direction, Entitled customers
My second family, amazing sales team, all around great work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2018
Working at Bloomingdales has been nothing but a great work experience and has taught me to strive further. A great take away from the company would be how to work under pressure and still provide the best service possible with high caliber professionalism.
Pros
Supportive management, great work environment, great for social/team building.
Cons
Schedules are set/ not flexible
Good for Holidays
Retail Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 5, 2018
No management, no customers, ok pay. You have to fight other sales people to survive, now you have to do all inventory, no brands or selections. Registers are ancient,
Bloomingdale's Experience.
Fulfillment/Pack and Wrap Team Member (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 27, 2018
Like to work in this place but unfortunate in my department there is no place to grow up, I like always to give more and see in the future a new challenges to go through
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
I can't grow up.
Retail with all it's up's and down's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 11, 2018
Fun place to work but the hours standing are brutal. Most co-workers are nice and fun to work with. As in all work places, there are those who are just plain nasty and make for a very uncomfortable work situation. The managers try their best but at the end of the day, it's all about the numbers.

I do recommend working there as long as you go in understanding what kind of environment you are in.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
hours standing
Producive and fun place to work.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
My typical day at work is merchandising, maintaining the floor and assisting the customers. I learned a lot of different things from the new interesting things that happen within the store as well as getting to know people. The management is very friendly and upbeat and there are various cultures surrounding. My job is very easy for me because I have beyond experience but when a challenge has presented itself I do succeed as well. The most important part of my job is getting to know customers and conversing with my employees.
Pros
environment
Cons
healthcare
Laid back and beneficial discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
Great retail store to work at. Awesome discounts and upbeat managers. Easy to meet your sales goals depending on which department you're placed in. Would definitely go back.
Pros
Meetings with free food, Discounts
Cons
If people return clothes, money gets deducted from your bonus check.
It is a good place to work if you are looking for a flexible schedule.
Retail Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 7, 2018
It is a good place to work if you are looking for a flexible schedule.
The hourly pay is decent, compared to other retail locations. It is a good place to work. People are great, managers will work with you. Overall a good company, but like many retail businesses, there is little opportunity for growth.
communication
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLNovember 6, 2018
bloomingdales is owned by macy's and theire is no communication on the store level which makes hard to do your job, most of the people are nice others are not.
Had Potential
Retail Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2018
The GM was fantastic great human being overall.
my situation was unfortunate,
my Manager barely managed, and only complained about the workers... rarely complimented or gave off positive energy.
Assistant Manager was only concerned about her personal Life,
rarely was ever on the show room floor, often questioned job titled because she didnt think it would be important to get to know the new Crew.
I feel that if I had a different set of managers the experience would of been a lot different and Great. The GM was fantastic is Listened asked questions he always wanted the workers input on big decisions, and really made us feel apart of the bigger picture.
Pros
Discounts are GREAT, Great culture
Cons
Pay, Wages are terrible $10
Fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
An enjoyable place to work. Very diverse. Alot of different ethnic backgrounds. Everyone works as a team. Staff is nice and very helpful and informative.
fun work place with many opportunity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 3, 2018
Professional relationships with customers face to face and over the phone. make new connection and friends. The hardest part of this job is when you trying to sell an expensive product to a customer.
Fun but stressful job. I would like to try find a job in a different field.
High End Fragrances Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2018
I like Bloomingdales, but I feel that I can do more.
Maybe try a different field. I like working with people and i have enough experience for a different job.
Team oriented culture with friendly associates.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 30, 2018
It was a team oriented culture with friendly associates. I had to do many things on my own, but a few associates at the office were helpful when needed.
Sales Associate in Domestics and Children's (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Bloomingdales and still keep in touch with some of my old co-workers. We always had fun and there was never a dull moment working in downtown SF. Great management, and positive work environment. Growth in the company was available but not always known until it might be too late for the co-worker. BUT the discounts and perks were amazing!
Pros
Fun work environment, great discounts
Cons
typical retail hours, most positions are commission only
Visual Merchandisng (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 26, 2018
Enjoy working for Bloomingdales. Great staff, hardworking. Feel appreciated and able to interject ideas. Terrific discounts and merchandise. Nice store with beautiful presentation
Pros
Appreciated
Cons
Increases are moderate
Strong executive presence,leads from top down,good benefits and work-life balance.
Market Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
Workplace culture is honest and ethical however lacks empowerment in decision-making at all levels. Environment is micro-managed which keeps business on track but can have a negative affect on customer service.

The role of Trade Area Merchandise Manager is new and evolving. It is not consistent in each trade area. Thus, expectations are being refined seasonally and annually.

The enjoyable part of the job is the positive results seen in assortment planning on the local level as well as manager development.
Pros
charitable organization
Cons
undefined roles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomingdale's. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

22%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss