Bloomington Meadows Hospital

Working at Bloomington Meadows Hospital: 42 Reviews

United States42 reviews

staffcareemployeemanagementpeopletimeworkingwork

Unsafe conditions and zero psychological help for patients.

Techs are underpaid for the work they do. Constantly left alone with 9-15 patients at a time. Did not have a single lunch break the entire time I worked here. Management does not care about their employees, nor the patients. The patients will not see a therapist their entire stay. The Techs are doing the work of three people, while being paid a single person's pay. Though they will expect you to use your own pay to buy supplies for the teen/adolescent patients. As they do not buy anything for them past basic necessities. --If you quit, they will put in their paperwork that they fired you. Which will harm your ability to find a new job. Petty management.

Pros

Building meaningful and healthy relationships with patients

Cons

No breaks, terrible management, mega corporation and the lack of communication that comes with it, dangerous situations that come with low staffing, and upper-managements low effort to improve staffing.

Overall happy

There are things any hospital can improve on. I feel Bloomington Meadows Hospital does the best with what they have. There is a national nurse shortage and I’m sure that’s hitting them pretty hard as well. Some of the patients are difficult to deal with but they do offer a week long orientation and provide the proper training in regards to that. I’m overall happy with my experience here at meadows and enjoy what I do on a daily basis.

Pros

Good benefits package, friendly staff

Cons

Lack of communication, high turn over rate, pay could be better.

Bloomington Meadows Hospital insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Most new hires won't last long

I am not wondering why new hires leave within the first day or the third. Met good people and doing their best, but the management and system made them realize this is beyond help. Hoping for those who left find a better workplace and are happy in their job. Stay away from the place that stresses you out mentally and physically.

Nothing nice to say.

Most of the nurses are very disrespectful. Management sets you up for failure. Patients are not treated well or even fairly. All this company cares about is money.

Not a career job

Decent job for a student, but not a very clean or friendly place to work. Every patient is definitely a dollar sign to them. The managers don’t really seem to care about the patients or the employees.

Pros

Schedule flexibility

Cons

Getting beat up, rude staff, unprofessional management

Good people with good hearts

I think that we could help more if we had more time but it's a acute facility. Serious cases need serious attention and we can use our strengths better if we had more time.

Pros

We help a lot of people in a lot of ways quickly.

Cons

Mental health doesn't need to be a hit n run experience

High stress and little support

Very high stress job with lack of adequate training. People were promoted without experience and not given enough resources. This place has very high turnover

Stressful and understaffed

Some lovely people work at Meadows but management could care less about the staff and patients. Money is the bottom line and the acuity of patients accepted often doesn’t match up to available staffing

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work through breaks, severely understaffed, management endangers patients and staff.

Dangerous and stressful

Management has little interest in employees. Frequent turnover. Poor staff to patient ratio. Constant chaos. Poor communication. Patients who are not problematic can fall through the cracks.

Pros

Sign on bonuses.

Cons

Poor staffing ratio.

Understaffed and Underpaid

For the amount of work that you have to do, techs are UNDER PAID. The management is more concerned about gossiping about their staff rather than doing their jobs. They also have their favorites and it’s very apparent. It’s so understaffed because the turnover rate is so high, it’s ridiculous. They will schedule you on the unit by yourself with 9+ patients and expect you to do the job of 3 people which is impossible and not even give you bonus. If you aren’t full time they will just randomly add you to the schedule where they need people without even asking. The only things thats good about that job is the coworkers, a couple of the supervisors and most of the patients. The patients don’t actually get therapy, they basically are there to be put on meds. Be prepared to constantly be asked to pick up shifts.

Pros

Coworkers and the patients

Cons

Never get breaks, Understaffed, Overworked, Management sucks

I will never work in a for-profit facility again.

If you want to work in a place where your goal is to actually help patients, don't work here. They will admit any and every patient for the money, regardless of if they pose a danger to the staff and patients. Even if the patient has been admitted 10+ times. I feel like I work in a detention facility more than anything. Meadows does not help patients at all. They also have their employees work 12+ hour shifts, without a break. I also feel like a majority of the staff hired is unqualified. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

Nice coworkers, decent pay, bonuses, shift differentials

Cons

No breaks, money-driven facility, useless administration

Loved working with the kids

People went to lunch at orientation and never came back BIG red flag!!!! Wasn't organized enough. They go through a lot of employees and they don't pay well enough to keep help

Pros

Free snacks

Do not work here

They only care about making money. They never have enough staff. As a tech you WILL be attacked by a patient at some time or another and they will not care. You will always be stressed and depressed working here because you know these people are here for help that you can never provide them while the people that run it pull up in luxury vehicles and go home with clear consciousness.

Pros

Lots of hours available

Cons

Always short handed. Dangerous environment

Liked my job

I liked working there with the patients but there was many long days. There was also a lot of change while was there. I outlasted 7 other therapist, and 3 supervisors, 2 CEOs, in the 3 years there. There was a huge turn over rate.

Pros

some nice people to work with

Cons

long days

Administrative staff keep unsafe staffing ratios

Staffing ratios are incredibly unsafe, often 15 adolescents for one tech. Administrative staff ignores the concerns of the staff working the floor. Mandatory meetings are frequently held where administrative staff makes unhelpful changes to avoid doing anything but staffing adequately. You'll love your nurses and your techs, but administrative staff makes the environment toxic.

Excellent place to work

Amazing employees, positive and inclusive work culture. Moderate pay and not much room for advancement. Good middle management. Quite a bit of turnover.

Very intense

I worked here for about 6 months as a mental health tech and quickly learned it was not for me. Very understaffed, high turn over rate. However if you want to work you will get amazing hours.

Cons

understaffed

Severely understaffed

There are never enough nurses and techs to take care of the patients. They only plus up when a state inspector is coming. The corporate guidance is to disregard safety in favor of profit.

Pros

Cons

Dangerous to staff and patients

It's a sensitive workplace so it's important to be aware

Making a difference in the patient's life is very important b/c you're dealing with very sensitive matters for patients of all age groups. As a recommendation, I would recommend compensating the employees more as they deal w/ high risk patients, and there is no security.

Used to be better

They try... loved my coworkers but upper level management lacking. Admitted people that were too medical and felt like it was all about money when it came to admissions

Pros

Love psych

Cons

Too much paperwork

Couldn’t say a good thing about this hospital.

16 hour shifts, unsafe patient to staff ratio. Nurses are awful, not one compassionate person in the hospital. The work environment is just as bad as being a patient with psych needs. Not a soul who leaves the hospital feels better than they did when being admitted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomington Meadows Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.5
InHerSight Score
4.4Personal Development
5.0Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Bloomington Meadows Hospital with

Bloomington Meadows Hospital Reviews by Location

Learn about Bloomington Meadows Hospital in popular locations

• Bloomington Meadows Hospital
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?