BLOOMSBURG UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Fun and Helpful
FEATURES EDITOR FOR THE VOICE (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 27, 2018
I worked on the school newspaper as an editor while I was a student. It was a lot of fun but it was also a great experience as I got to design the newspaper pages as well as edit articles and choose photos to be put into those articles.
Pros
fun, relaxing environment, learned a lot
boring
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 27, 2018
I felt like the job was to slow and the pay suck. I was only allowed to work 16 hours in a week and the paid was only 7.25 which really is not much to live off as a college student
good atmosphere
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 1, 2018
A lot of work, difficult work family balance. Management was very good and fair. Students are students. Great sports and other extra curricular activities. Quiet area, nice.
Pros
free parking, beautiful campus
Cons
Part of the temp pool of part-time teachers.
Physics Lab instructor (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMarch 23, 2018
I was in the temporary instructor pool and was asked to conduct physics labs during two fall seasons and teaching physics for pre-elementary teachers.
Relaxed and easy
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 28, 2018
A typical day at work would be going into the student services center to hand in notes. I would attend my 2 hour class, write notes, and then hand them in for the secretary to make a copy. I learned how to take proper notes, and how to manage my time. I had 24 hours by the time my class ended to get the notes into the mailbox. The most enjoyable part of the job was the easiness of the task. I enjoyed writing notes and had no problem writing neatly. The hardest part of the job was getting hired. It took almost a month for them to confirm my clear backround check. As a result of that I was unable to start work until November when I should have worked October.
Pros
Easy task
Cons
Time it took to get hired
Great job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 15, 2018
Great first place to work. You gain experience working with students of all ethnicity. You learn a lot about diversity and the school's culture. Very friendly and enjoyable atmosphere.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
Benefits could be better
Variable Working Environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 29, 2018
The work environment at Bloomsburg University varies widely based upon the people you are working with and under. If you get a good manager and good team mates to work with, it is wonderful. If you get a poor manager and poor team mates, it is horrible. They need improvement in management training and team building exercises. They also need improvement in safety aspects of the working environment. The worst part of working at Bloomsburg University is dealing with Management and workplace safety problems. The best part of working at Bloomsburg University is the benefits and access to campus events.
Pros
Good benefits and access to campus events.
Cons
Dealing with Management and workplace safety problems.
College Tutor
College tutor (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PADecember 11, 2017
I spent my senior year at Bloomsburg University tutoring in several science fields. This was a job a performed on a daily basis after classes. I help failing students raise their grades to meet academic standards.
Pros
Allowed me to gain experience in science education
Cons
compensation
Love this place
ASSISTANT SECRETARY, TRIO UPWARD BOUND (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PANovember 8, 2017
I attended school here as well as working here, and the entirety of BU is wonderful. The professors are intelligent and hard working and the staff is friendly and kind.
Bloomsburg University
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg PAOctober 30, 2017
I was a community assistant. It was so long ago that i don't remember. I ended up dropping out of college and joining the military. I do remember all my coworkers were great to work with.
Simple
TRIO Student Support Services (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAOctober 2, 2017
Easy work for college
Got homework done
Very nice people to work with
made many phone calls
set up tutoring appointments
hard to call out
pay was not the best
Pros
can get homework done
Cons
not much to the job
Part-Time Tutor - My Review is not accurate
Master Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PASeptember 14, 2017
My manager was great, the students a little on the slow-side but willing to learn which more than makes up for any shortcomings. The school overall parties more than they teach/learn, but from what I hear from full-time employees, it is a good place to work. My position is part-time (15 or fewer hours per week), after-hours, with no benefits, and funded by a state grant (so limited pay for high skill). This job is more about helping others, gaining experience explaining complex concepts, and for the overall satisfaction. So, my review may not be the best representative.
Pros
Get to help students learn who otherwise could not afford the tutoring
Cons
The job requires a highly educated skill-set and monitarily compensates poorly
Great college job
Card Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJuly 1, 2017
I worked at the BU card center for 3 semesters, and it was the most fun I have ever had working. My supervisor cared about the job he was in and was always willing to help when we needed it. If I could have stayed there for the rest of my career I would have.
Wonderful !
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 1, 2017
Enjoyed the student Resident Advisory life in Bloomsburg along with my schooling there. It was a great experience for leadership and community bonding.
Great school
Graduate Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAApril 6, 2017
Overall a great college with excellent benefits package especially for student workers. The university allowed a great balance between school, work, and personal life.
Admissions
Admissions Department Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMarch 29, 2017
Bloomsburg is a great school and the admissions office was a great place to work. I only wish that I could have had the opportunity to work there full time.
Typical university
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 23, 2017
public universities are always feeling the pinch. Need to publish in order to get tenure. They're trying to raise more money through funded research.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  400 East 2nd Street, Bloomsburg PA 17821January 30, 2017
I love being able to work at school and how flexible it is. I get to meet other students along with professors and other staff members and build a relationship with them.
Research Associate 2016 Zeigler Case Competition (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 27, 2017
Worked as a team to research telecommunications in Russian
Created a business plan for the company
Presented the plan to a board of directors
Pros
Free work space
Cons
Short Deadlines
Comfortable Work Environment with plenty of room for upward growth
Student Reference Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of being at Bloomsburg University was the culture of the people that work there already. Everyone is so ready, all so willing to help newcomers and they all continued the gracious kindness all throughout the duration of my degree attainment at Bloomsburg University. I would absolutely work at the University professionally in a heartbeat.
Pros
Kind Co-workers, good pay, help offered
Cons
Difficult tasks