Blue Apron Employee Reviews

Not what we thought it would be
AGM, East Coast Operations (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJOctober 16, 2018
Blue Apron did so many thing right and so many things wrong. It is unfortunate that we did not treat our people well and create a culture to be proud of. We should have pushed back harder on our marching orders.
Heck. A frozen heck
Runner (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAOctober 13, 2018
Work your hardest just to be told you're not doing enough, do your best with the limited resources to be ignored and get in trouble if you can bend over backwards even more for management. RUDE HR that refuses to do their job, they sit and eat 8hrs of their shift. Need a supervisor? Probably sitting in the warm office room eating. Or watching you work as hard as you can so when you stop to breathe they can yell "get moving" mhm. I regret spending my time at blue apron.
Pros
Cons
Wasted time, effort, rude management, rude HR that doesn't help
Productive work place
Team Worker (Former Employee) –  RichmondOctober 11, 2018
I started off as a part time from 11 pm to 430 am wasnt as hard but then i changed to full time 8pm to 430am it was so hard for me specially because i wasnt used to it but other that that it was a fun working environment they always had us doing something.
Picking and packing
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 10, 2018
Picking and packers .. online food.. making sure the people oders pick and packers the right way .. some of them pack with ice to keep cold until they get to they house..
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 7, 2018
It was a good place to work I mean I liked it and I learned a lot sense I worked there just go there and get the job done and be on time never be late or have to absent out I can say it is very fast paced job so you have to be quick you do have a dress code it’s not that bad but I loved working at blue apron
Pros
Good pay and long breaks
Cons
No free food
It was good while working there i learned a lot while working there it can be very fast paced but good
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 3, 2018
I like working there it was a good experience and it wasn’t bad like if you just go there and get the job done and just be on time I mean everything will go the way you plan
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
Good pay and very mindful
Fast pace production work lost of lifting
Packout associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAOctober 1, 2018
I love my co workers there we were like family , they could have keep the free lunch and listened/appreciated the workers more than what we were giving
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Productive Environment and Great Culture
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 28, 2018
BlueApron is a great place to work. Associates receive weekly Rally Rockstar award as recognition for there hard work. The leadership is very understanding of there associates needs. Overall theres no other Employer that shows a better respect for there employees.
productive
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 28, 2018
for the most part work was there for the taken but as with all agencies sometimes u hit the wall of no work but the agency was truly the best thing that happened to me it gave me an opportunity to learn different jobs and gave me some skills and tools that helped me realize that I wanted mor than a temp position and opened me up to be able to succeed in other areas I wouldn't have been comfortable in
Edit review
Pros
the pay was great
Cons
the management wasnt nothing to brag about
It was to cold to do anything in there
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Didn’t like it at all it was to cold and everybody was nasty to each other I guess because it was so cold and they had bed bugs so that was it for me and I never meet a manger there I got the job threw a temp agency
cold
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CASeptember 25, 2018
it was a good place to meet different people. different changes all the time. Loud with all the machines. small space. lack of communication. Get paid weekly.
Pros
easy to get a job
Cons
short breaks, no free lunch.
Prep Associate- Label Room Associate-Team /Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 25, 2018
Blue Apron is a fast paced workplace with an opportunity for growth. Working with this company definitely brought a challenge. I enjoyed the family like enviroment and the work culture. I learned something new everyday.
Pros
growth and pay raises
Machine Operator/Kitchen Associate (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 23, 2018
Fantastic place. Meet many different walks of life. Very fun and different menus. Syaffis great and knowledgeable. Chance to advance in the workplace. Feel very sercure. They offer a farmers market for employees.
Pros
Chance to advance in work
Cons
Just transportation
Bad company policies but work was easy and manageable
Sanitation Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CASeptember 20, 2018
Best job I had and my specialists were great, it’s the upper management that is poor and troubling. Also hate the new hire period lasts 60 days after Day 1, in that time you can’t use sick hours or paid vacation time.
Pros
Good Work, 8 hours go by fast
Cons
Cold Climate, poor management, point attendance system
productive work place
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Blue Apron, is a great place to work, and the pay is good. I was working there through a temp agency. I filled out the app online to get a job there, and Im still waiting for them to call me when their hiring again
Pros
free lunches, paid breaks, and lockers
Cons
Cold so you have to dress warm
Displeasing
Kitter (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Very depressing environment. very cold. very unorganized work day planning.The other associated are mostly kind hearted,fun peolple.The actual job is not hard at all.
not fair
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 15, 2018
being with this company i've come to see that there is favoritism and they do not promote within the company. This company treats its workers bad and always worried about the wrong things. I ask to come for overtime to help my team out because the team says they need help and the management denies it. but i come in to help another department and my supervisors from my department come up and ask who told you to come in. They dont need to worry about who told me to come in , I am working hard and trying to earn money for me and my family. They are so much concern with where you are instead of worrying about production. Treat employees fairly and right and your productions will be great. They need to remember without employees their company falls.
Good Opportunity
Packer (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 11, 2018
Blue Apron is a good place to gain experience. Typical day is 12 hour shift. I learned to work as a team there. Hardest part of the job was enduring the cold.
Pros
Earning Potential
Cons
Very Cold
strict place where they work like a slave
Pack Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CASeptember 10, 2018
where they work you like a slave with no promise for advancement.
working at blue apron sure they have a shuttle but what if miss it you can get fired for missing a shuttle
nice when the summer comes, very cold in the prep room
Senior Team Lead/ Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 7, 2018
Overall, the pay is good and the owners are really nice but I hope that the management can improve on selection for recognition to reward hard work rather than know faces
Pros
free lunch, recognition and internal promotion
Cons
safety standars

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Apron. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight