Blue Apron Employee Reviews

Did not like
Machine operater (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJanuary 21, 2019
Did not like atmosphere it was an ok place to work very fast paced and stressful. I wouldn't go back unless I had a different job position. If can get boring and repetitive which makes you sleepy
The company is all over the place
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJanuary 20, 2019
Company hires anybody for a position other people have worked and waited so long for. The new people don't care about the product that they produce and break the machines. When we come in for our shifts, we have to fix everything the other shift did and on top of that we have to do our production too. We get no recognition for any of it. Both shifts get paid the same, even though we have to leave all the machines clean and ready for the other shifts to use, but when we get there everything is disgusting. There are lazy people they keep and they are hiring some more. We have to compensate for all the production the lazy people don't do AND WE GET PAID THE SAME.
Management doesn't care about any of it.
They want us to be sanitation, operators, technicians, and specialists, all with a little raise we got about a year ago. I've given up on this company. I used to care everyday I got to work, now I just come in do what I can and I leave and let them worry about the other "operators" breaking the machines.
For breaks, we get two 25min breaks and one 30min lunch. They breathe down our backs to get back to work on time, even though management works for an hr and the rest of the day they're just walking around in the lunch room but they get paid salary so they can take a whole 12hr break and they still get paid.
They keep hiring supervisors and managers, but they keep cutting our hours. How does that makes sense in a company that's all about production? Idk. Unless management themselves can run the machines and go pack some boxes.
Pros
Paycheck is enough to pay bills but not enough for all the work you have to do.
Cons
Management.
Blue Apron
Fulfillment Team Member (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJanuary 20, 2019
Blue Apron is a good paying job.I really enjoy working there .I also enjoy the people there . i really enjoy Blue Apron management. my team was awesome to work with.
Pros
i really like blue apron pay they payed good
Cons
i hate the 12 hour shift with no lunch
That job is horrible they don't know how to treat there employees or run a company.I liked it much better when it was in Bayonne.
Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 15, 2019
It's just terrible if you tell them something your prepping is bad or has mold on it or smells bad they'll tell you to prep it anyway.Than they send it out to customers and be upset they losing business.It because the quality of the food is awful .And so is the management.. We we're full time employees they changed our schedule 3 times in a year and a half. Now you never know what time your getting off.
They don't care about their workers.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJanuary 2, 2019
They cut hours whenever they want but penalize you for calling out. Will send overnight empolyees home at unsafe hours. 80% of overnight empolyees take public transportion and they will send them home when NJ Transit closes.
Cons
can go from 40 hours a week to 20 hours a week without any notice
cold unsafe workplace
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 29, 2018
blue apron atmosphere workplace is very stressful to work time sensitive management not on board with each other. the hardest part of working at blue apron is trying to get recognized for the hard work you put out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fairly bad pay
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 29, 2018
This job only good for meeting new faces and learning new skills but very bad pay and rarely get any raises. You will stay sick working here too cold.
Pros
Learning new skills, meeting new faces
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, bad raises
Working at blue apron
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 28, 2018
The pay is good. You can get overtime. . If you have any emergency, they don't care.They really just really care about the numbers.You are not treated like a person.
Pros
Good money, all the overtime you want
Cold short work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 28, 2018
You may come to work on days ready and willing to do your 12hr shift and leave in 4hrs. Then you'll do that all week, and when you are good and tired on the last day they'll as you to work the full 12hrs.
Pros
not one pro besides famers market
Cons
number one is scheduling problems. Company cuts hours to frequently.
Is Blue apron for you
Associate (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJDecember 19, 2018
This job is a pretty amazing job if you’re okay with working in the freezer you have to make sure you dress warmly because of degrees inside of the freezer is 20 or below you have to pack the boxes with food and make sure it’s the correct food that goes with the menu so the customers can make these meals with their family at night.
Na
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 16, 2018
Noticing good or bad to say about company work environment is cold staff is mixed it has changed from the past year security advanced pay is tricky...
Mass productivity and exellent teamwork
Temporary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 13, 2018
This job offered room for improvement. Taught me management skills. I enjoyed the pace, good work environment, and the ability to excel. Gave me experience on being a supervisor.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cold
Fast paced enviorment
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 7, 2018
Very cold environment working with people from all walks of life, low tolerance management. Company is huge on punctuality, must dress warm and have friendly attitude.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2018
I enjoy working for Blue Apron. The people and environment are amazing. The only con to working here is the state the company is currently in. You just never know what the market is going to do.
Productive place
Kitchen Associate (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJDecember 5, 2018
Its cool supervisor can be better but I actually like it I get treating okay don't have to worry about anything they should get new machines though but it's okay job
Fast Pace
Packer Associate (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJDecember 2, 2018
Have To Wash Your Hands And Put Gloves On And Put A Hair Net On .Had To Pack Food Into Boxes And Make Sure That The Food Is Packed Into The Box Properly .It Was Cold All You Had To Do Is Wear The Right Gear
Blue Apron
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 30, 2018
The only good thing about this job was that I was able to come across new faces and I was able to work with people from different parts of the world and learn about their culture while we worked. I learned that it is important to make sure that all packages were sent out immediatley because then that causes the machine to shut down if it is not sent out fast enough. The worst part about the job is the amount of money we got paid per week which was $11.00. Another bad thing about the job was that there were only 15 minute lunch breaks or sometimes only 10 minutes.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks, terrible payment
Start up
Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2018
Overall good experience. The company is working hard to advance itself within the meal kit industry. Ever changing and evolving. the culture mirrors that of a startup.
Pros
Nice office
production supervisor
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJNovember 26, 2018
having to deal with associates that dont want to work and their attitudes. there are associates that take their job serious. upper management just want to point fingers at the supervisors. they say its not about pointing fingers but they do. they always think their right. takes people ideas and makes it seem it was their own.
Fantastic Workforce with Poor Leadership
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJNovember 20, 2018
The fast-paced nature of the industry requires a high level of specialized knowledge for every department so everyone is a subject-matter expert, which is great. However, this also creates tension as it becomes difficult to communicate effectively. Communication is this company's greatest problem. Also, the people who will be required to do a task are almost never included in the kickoff meetings or subsequent higher-level discussions, only passed down the work. This means that any experience or concerns those people may have do not get addressed before the project kickoff, and cannot be brought up effectively, even in their own department.
Pros
Great coworkers, very knowledgeable staff
Cons
Awful communication across the board

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Apron. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Blue Apron.

Powered by Comparably