Blue Beacon Truck Wash

Working at Blue Beacon Truck Wash: Latest Blue Beacon Truck Wash Reviews

United States890 reviews

Blue Beacon Truck Wash insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

It okay nothing really special.

It's okay nothing really special. At the location, I work at I did have some problems with my general manager. the issues I had were customer-focused and were pushed aside and had to be brought forward to HR. Other than that had a great experience with no complaints.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Dealing with rude or inappropriate customers daily

Hard working environment good management fast pace

They take it pretty serious but you can have fun every now and again as long as you do your job good management is understandable and will work with you so long as you work hard

Pros

Paid vacation

Cons

Get called in on some off days

I highly recommend to not work there

The place is a mess hope everyone gets a chance to see what type of business they run the management sucks. I’ve worked there for years and it was easy doing something wrong than doing something right at time

Horrible

Place worked you to the bone. Always being yelled at and called out for doing absolutely nothing. Bunch of wannabe managers, and everyone just constantly yelling.

Not to bad

Being low staffed at times makes the job way harder but it’s doable and a pretty decent job. The coworkers are fun and pretty good people. You get drug tested before they hire you.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Fun workplace

This job is a good company to work for, it has its ups and downs but overall great to work training is good to help you succeed. Great Pay and benefit

Wash trucks

Good for younger people looking to work. You’ll have to have thick skin because some people will make you very mad. It is sometimes a very irritating job

Very great company!

Working 40 hours a week at a young age bringing home a great check! It’s a very fun job for someone fresh out of Highschool/still in Highschool it’s very fast paced and you are on your feet on concrete for about 8-10 hours a day, So if you’re up for that this is your place to be! Great pay to play in water all day!

Pros

Pay, great starter job, good environment

Cons

Short breaks, very weather based

Rainy days are the worst everybody gets sent home

Busy days are exhausting, but that’s what they hire you for. The hourly pay is not bad, but on days that is literally raining nobody wants to wash their truck, you will get sent home and loose hours. I can honestly say that the managers will try their best to not send you home, but they can only keep you for so long after that pressure is on them managers are cool and will try to help you out as much as they can. The problem it’s not enough hours and sometimes senior employees take advantage of new employees loading all the work on them. Some people like it some people don’t depending on what kind of work environment is your type.

Straightforward job, terrible leadership

worked there for one day, in that time i saw almost every rule broke. ppl chase eachother arround with power washers, constant "locker-room" environment. the bay manager, in the bay i was in, was very rude and vulgar most of the time, constantly cursing and and engaging in the horseplay/banter to such a degree i couldn't tell what our call outs were (you need to listen for the appropriate calls for the wash). overall if you like that "locker-room" mentality then the job wouldn't be horrible, but it's not for me... the physical part of the job was straightforward though.

Pros

sometimes a free car wash, not bad paid

Cons

one break (not paid), poor management, always wet, clear favoritism

Geat pay Lots of hours

Great Pay And Management always being helpful. Whole lotta hours to be made just need to put in the work. Overall great experience and awesome checks

I like it

I like it really good place to work at the only thing I don’t like is how much you get wet and I for sure think it’s even worse in cold temperatures

Pros

You get hour break

Cons

Hard on your shoulder and back

a hard job

it is a hard job to get in to but the pay is great as a teenager but as a long term job i would fine something else. the work depends on the weather there is little to no breaks as trucks are backed up to the road and only 3 guys at a time washing makes it a slow moving job to work at.

Tldr; decent job with decent pay management sucks though

It was an okay job cold in the winter hot in the summer wasnt all that bad weather wise but management sucked they are their to line their pockets with as little effort as possible and domt expect to have the days you want off.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, days off, weather

I'm not even sure where to start...

First off, I loved working for Blue Beacon. It is a very active hands on job that rewards you for hard work. Within 2 months of being hired I was promoted to being a supervisor. In my opinion that's one of the fastest promotions to that level that I have ever seen. That showed me that they were serious about furthering your career. It's a place where someone without a diploma or GED, or someone that didn't go to college can succeed and make good money. Unfortunately I had to end my Blue Beacon career to move and pursue something I've always wanted BUT even after not working there, they have called and attempted to get me to take over manager positions at locations closer to where I moved. Maybe it's because I had a good management crew but I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Pros

Fast Paced, team oriented, goal focused, good pay, 401k

Cons

Job is very weather dependent, very little down time when busy, it is very hard when first starting out

Stay away at all costs. The pay is enticing but absolutely not worth it.

Terrible working environment, hazardous chemicals, toxic employees, management and customers. Nothing about Blue Beacon is fair in any sense of the word. Favoritism is what gets you what you want and unless you're willing to work 70 hours a week you'll be nobody's favorite. When you have an issue and bring it up to management or ever corporate you are reprimanded creating a fearful environment, the pay is nowhere near enough for this labor intensive and hazardous job. If you want to move up to a supervisor position they make you sign a contract stating you'll be available for work 24/7 for only $1.50 more an hour.

Pros

None. Absolutely no pros. It is not worth it.

Cons

Hazardous chemicals, hazardous waste, unprofessional management.

If you're a teenager looking to make some money at a first job, its not too bad. If you're an adult looking for a career, keep looking.

If you're the kind of person that likes being on your feet and doing the same thing over and over again for 8 hours, then it's not too bad of a job. Or if your a teenager or high schooler looking for a job to make some money and get some work experience definitely recommend working here. If you're an adult looking for a career this isn't it. Lot of corporate BS like most jobs. Zero recognition of any kind from management. Very easy job if you like mundane work with very little difference from day to day. If you want work/hours then you can definitely get it here. Pay isn't the best or what it should be, they claim to be working on improving that aspect but it seems like one of many empty promises management had.

Pros

Can get hours/ lots of overtime if you want it

Cons

No work in rain, managment lacking, under paid, home office, nepotism

Good pay but...

Nice people, behind on times with appearances when allowing piercings and tattoo's, fast paced, good pay... opportunity to move with company, management could have been better.

Ghh

It’s a good job but the weather sometimes messes up the hours if you want free money I would highly recommend. If your in school you probably won’t get that many hours🥲

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Hours

It’s not the best

They take advantage of you. It’s only worthy when maybe you’re in school. Very flexible but I highly wouldn’t recommend it if you want to work there full time.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay rate

Physical, fun work space.

Helps keep you in shape, sometimes coworkers are energized and creates a fun work space. Bad turn over rate. Weather will destroy your hours but it you ask sometimes they can help you get back hours.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours, and only one fifteen minute break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Beacon Truck Wash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight