Blue Bell Creameries Employee Reviews

Great company
Route Sales Representative/Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2018
Its a great company. But they are doing a 50/50 split hiring managers with no experience as route salesman. So as a new employee i was required to learn a position within a couple weeks but i had a territory manager who didnt know anything about how to deliver a route and had been employed with the company 6 years. Also the individual was hated by every store in the area, and the branch and regional manager turned a blind eye. So to me the stress and lack of management support wasn't worth staying with the company. The salary is a lie. To make the salary promised you have to work well over 50 hours a week.
Pros
Free icecream
Cons
Management, long hours, low salary
Not what I thought It would be !!!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 28, 2018
Management was so jacked up. They talked bad about everyone and only pointed out what they didn’t like about your work. A company very stuck in there ways and they want to control you. I’m glad I got out when I did. Be sure you walk on egg shells and don’t screw up cause you will be talked about all the time. I couldn’t stand the gossip not very professional atmosphere. I also felt that it just wasn’t a secure job cause we always heard that some ice cream was still having issues and also they will fire you without any warning.
Pros
Free Ice cream
Cons
Everything from management to them over working there drivers
Need to come into 21st Century
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2018
High work volume, low pay for time spent.
Improper training, pass the buck attitude
Overall bad work experience!
Would not reccomend as an employer.
Good company
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 5, 2018
Nothing bad to say about the company. I am blessed to be in the position I am in. Looking for a career that allows me to fully utilize my skills. Very good company to work for
Pros
ability to tend to family matters if needed
Cons
No ability to fully utilize education.
fun job with poor management/ but good company to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I loved the atmosphere of the company. Took good care of its employees. Was employed when the crash happened with the listeria epidemic. They have not been the same since the issue came up.
Pros
good company, great benefits, very professional, great communication
Cons
poor management after the transition of management, back problems after working a few years
Great job
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GASeptember 25, 2018
Best job I’ve had so far highly recommend only left because I had things come up and needed more money but Id it weren’t for that I’d still be working there
Pros
Easy going everyone helps if you need
Cons
It’s an ok job you just don’t get paid enough for the stress and the people you have to deal with everyday
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 13, 2018
Job is ok I just wouldn’t recommend it to someone that I know or care about.it is fast paced which keeps you busy all day long but the more and more that you you try to become something more than what you was hired for they won’t let you.
Blue bell good place to work if you can handle the cold
Warehouse Worker/MERCHADISER (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 3, 2018
I enjoyed my six years with blue bell creameries. I didnt like the getting of cold hands while loading /unloading trucks,but that was all part of the job.
Life at Blue Bell
ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXAugust 20, 2018
Working at this establishment wasn't the most ideal by any means. Every work environment has it's ups and downs, but here it seems as if there were more cons than pros.
Pros
Lunches, free ice cream
Cons
the co-workers
Family oriented
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXAugust 7, 2018
Love working here just want something closer the company provides our health care and matches 401 o ly give summer vacations after 3 years of employment communication is not the best.
Decent pay, decent hours, had fun with coworkers while working and learned a lot.
Warehouse laborer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 17, 2018
Decent place to work. They tried to make it better and help people out as much as possible. They were quite kind. Decent benefits and supplied us with stuff for the freezer to keep us warm.
Its a okay job
Freight Puller (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJuly 5, 2018
Warehouse work, not enough hours, low production days. The management didn't communicate very effectively. Their was no hard part about the job. Best part would be free ice cream in the break room.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Lack of hours
Family Enviroment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJune 27, 2018
Family oriented. Great Working Atmosphere. I went in lacking computer skills besides the basics they took their time to teach me the computer program they use. It was nice to have a key to be able to come in after hours and on weekends when needing to finish up monthly reports when needed or just when the work load would be on the heavy side..
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Free Ice cream in lunch room...LOL..
Inventory Specialist
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJune 24, 2018
Throughout the work day, my boss had me going through multiple departments around the plant to search and record the many different types of inventory that was currently placed in our offices, such as computers, furniture, etc. The management was very flexible on our work schedule, but made sure everyone did their job correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always plenty of ice cream in the break room.
Line work with room for advancement
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJune 19, 2018
It's a factory job for sure, you do the same thing over and over for nearly the entire shift, but the pay is great, the environment is friendly, and Blue Bell goes out of their way to make the place feel like one big family.
Pros
Medical benefits, retirement planning
Cons
Very repetitive work
Geart Company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2018
By far the best company I ha ve ever worked for, great boos, team, co-workers etc etc. I would love to go back and work for them again. it would be a life changer
Awesome company with great overall benefits
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 19, 2018
Blue Bell overall is a great company with great benefits. The only thing I would like to see change is the days off so you can actually have some family time. Everything else is gold around here. Management is very understanding and coworkers are great.
Pros
Management, office staff and benefits.
Cons
Split off days!
N/a
Delivery Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2018
Wasn’t a great place to work, there was no room for advancement and management didn’t seem to care for employees and their families. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Early morning starts
Good company
Driver/Salesman (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2018
Good company that’s very old school which is good because they think of the employee first but bad because they put more focus on benefits and less on actual salary.
Pros
Decent pay and health care paid for
Cons
Great place to work at with all you can eat Ice Cream
Ice Cream Salesman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 2, 2018
As a driver you are the face of the company, its really a get to know your receivers job. You had to be outgoing and generous in order to make your sales, since it is a commission based job.
Pros
free Ice Cream
Cons
Dealing with the cold