Blue Bell Place Employee Reviews

not a great place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 26, 2016
pay isn't great
staff is great
residents aren't well taking care of
over work and under paid CNAs
residents were lovely to care for

the facility is next to a bar
Pros
food
Cons
sanitation
not a fun place to work
Dining Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 4, 2016
This place was not a fun place to work it was un organized as well as not well managed. There was no one there at to help me when I needed a stronger hand to help with certain staff members
Busy, yet productive workplace
Cook Supervisor/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 23, 2015
There was a daily set routine of cooking, prepping, and serving the 60+ residents of the assisted living facility. Meals were served as a restaurant style dining experience. I thoroughly enjoyed my job at Blue Bell Place. Over the years it became like a second home to me.
Pros
I received my Food Safe Certification
Productive workplace with very friendly people
Aide (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 8, 2014
I enjoy where I work. Co-workers and I always work as a team to make sure that the tasks for the day are complete. I love my residents and enjoy coming to work every day! There are many activities for the residents and productive things for them to do to keep them happy and satisfied. I enjoy doing extra circular activities with the residents the most. The hardest part of the job is dealing with many different personalities but I handle it very well. Working at Blue Bell Place can be difficult at times but it has definitely been worth my while.
Pros
It is a very good experience for me
Cons
We don't get free lunches.
fun place. With nice people
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 12, 2013
this was a great place with easy to talk to people. I learned some new cooking tricks and cleaning tips.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
the place did not smell good
Good place/ Good staff to work with
Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 1, 2012
Very busy place to work. Worked two day shifts and three night shifts. Cooked meals and did food preperation as well. Followed menu for 4 week menu cycle Our menus were planned by the diaticanSupervised kitchen and staff Again I learned to do numerous things at once. Also did the food ordering and received deliveries as well, Plus put away. My manager was great he worked with us as well to make sure things went right. Co workers were all good everyone worked together The hardest part was working the rotating shifts again The most enjoyable part was working with such good people and enjoying the residents I,m totally a people person I love to interact with people...
Pros
keeping up a good pace to satisfy customers
Cons
the rotating shifts/ not enough rest
Fun Place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 28, 2012
This is a great place to work, the residents are lovely and the nurses are good. they help out as much as possible and the caregivers have a good communication level, they are al friendly
Pros
good food
Cons
n/a