Blue Bird Corporation Employee Reviews

unorganized
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAFebruary 25, 2019
Blue bird is a slave camp unorganized and unreliable. Job security is the worst I've ever seen they do annual lay offs so it's hard to have stability in your life working here
Fabrication and assembly
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAJanuary 27, 2019
It was challenging working here. But the benefits and pay was worth it. Worked my up from laborer, to fabrication, and then ended up as a forklift operator I'm Warehouse
Hard working warehouse
Assistant Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAJanuary 21, 2019
Been working there for 8 years and had ups and down. I do not playing on retiring there. A lot of hard work. I don’t have a problem working hard I just been there long enough with the same pay. More pay increase would be great
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
A lot of Down time
Extremely poor all-around acuity! Professionals, I think not!
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Don't drug test!.... some coworkers reeked of marijuana after lunch! It's a joke! CEO & CFO are both internationals that are greedy & retired Ford Motors executives. Rude! Get out of the way of educated employees. I believe that most ppl work here because they can't find anything better around the huge metropolis of Macon/Fort Valley, GA. That's sad. I wish y'all the best of luck, I really do! Stay away from the career openings in Macon, GA headquarters.......SHARKS
Pros
I wish that I had some..... really I do!
Cons
Extremely noisy headquarters in Macon, GA... like a bunch of wild children.
Its a very productive place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GANovember 28, 2018
Working at blue was a very interesting place the pay their was awesome the pay every week vacation is nice christmas vacation their is Wonderful you get bonus and I whould never regret the time I worked their.
Pros
You get a hour break for lunch and a 30 minute break for breakfast
Cons
The health care is nice and the 401k is nice for when you retire
Fast pace and plenty of work available
CHASSIS PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GANovember 19, 2018
Fast pace and plenty of hours available for those wanting extra hours and willing to work weekends. Hands on training available with heavy usage of power tools and equipment.
Pros
Demanding hours
Cons
Hands on training
For production job that I work that is fast other than that it's a good position
production worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Valley, GANovember 13, 2018
I have been working at Bluebird over 10 years now the experience being very helpful and educated especially working on the production line. I will recommend friends and family that are in search of a job to apply at bluebird the benefits are good and also the pay.
Pros
Emergency able to leave work early
Cons
The healthcare are pretty good benefit
Overall a good company, but falling into short-term thinking
Continuous Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Valley, GANovember 10, 2018
VOLUME, all about the volume. Since becoming public, chasing volume instead of focusing on quality and elimination of waste that is truly costing the company profits.
Great Place to Work
Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAOctober 30, 2018
Working at Blue Bird was great place to start my career as a drafter. I was able to advance up to a designer at the company. I gained a lot of knowledge in the installation of engines from different companies. Great work environment.
Pros
Work enviroment, time off and room for advancement.
Cons
Long hours some times.
Good place for ppl getting sm
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAOctober 21, 2018
Good place to to start at.There are some things that they could be done better to make it an better for place not only .Management is pretty good .Got people are there to work with.
Productive and steady workplace
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GA 31030September 29, 2018
The pay was great for the area but alot of changes needed to be made. You will be up one minute and down the next stating u might get a month off or weeks off at a time
I worked as a sheet metal hanger (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 26, 2018
I liked working at blue Bird, because it gives you the opportunity to learn other skills and put your best foot forward to be the best you can be. You have a chance to take your skills farther.
Pros
Bring your own lunch
Cons
3 breaks
Productive and fun
Window Installation/Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAAugust 24, 2018
It was fun working at blue bird. The people were like family. The only thing is, when it's hot outside. It's hotter on the inside. Work was fast paced but so much fun.
Overall bluebird is a nice place to work
Body Paint Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAAugust 10, 2018
Be prepared to go in and work hard. The elements are tough. Hot in the summer. Cold in the winter months. I started in materials as a material handler, from there I worked my way up to expediter. From there I worked my way up to cell leader of the paint department. I have a crew of more than 25 employees
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Alot of down time
Great Place to Work
Finance (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 28, 2018
Blue Bird is a wonderful environment for all levels of experience. The Management team respects work-life balance and has a healthy approach to employees.
Injustices work place
Paint Prep (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAJuly 9, 2018
You’ll have to fight,claw,and scratch just to maintain out there. There is no unity. It’s a modern day plantation for all races. Employees have no say so in any shape or form.
Pros
Pros you get paid every week.
Cons
Your worked very hard with short breaks.
How good blue birds
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAMay 30, 2018
Go to blue bird that’s a good job to work. I loved my benefits an everything about the job. I had to relocate because a family member got sick an I moved in with them
productive and great work envroment
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAMay 18, 2018
blue bird has great work enviroment. fast pace . the hardest part of the job is attaching the battery parts at a timely matter. the management is good to work will help you if needed. learning new job skills.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
short breaks
Good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  LaFayette, GAApril 24, 2018
Good work environment with easy to get along with co workers..understanding and compasionate staff when it comes to family and emergency situations and other..
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
No smoking
Great place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAApril 24, 2018
The people here are nice and fun to work with. Make about 400 a week starting out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Management is good no complaints. Some of the work is hard other jobs are not as hard it's luck of the draw though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Bird Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.