Blue Buffalo

Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews

Fun working with animals.
I love dogs,
i love meeting new people and talking about animals. Not only did I work with cats and dogs, I also promoted exotic animal food. Being a Brand Ambassador for something that your passionate about is so rewarding.
No Comment, Really
One of the most stressful things is going into a specific location every other day of the week that you work, and getting bombarded with harassment and slanderous remarks - and then the company who swore to protect you throughout the harassment lets you go because you’re better off just cut off than helped. If you need any help at all or have hopes for any advancement don’t let yourself get sucked into this job. They will cut their losses.
Inexperienced Uncaring Management
This is a job where you make gas money and that's it. Inexperienced management that doesn't care or support you. DULL job! Sales quotas. Nasty store employees who don't want reps there. A job that requires someone who is able to deal with total boredom, lack of management, dirty looks and arguments from customers who are determined to feed junk food to their dogs. Manager was a kid and this was his first management position. Needless to say, he was totally clueless.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Bad management
Company did not care about it's Demo People.
Poor Management from company! I won every award they had not even a Thank You! DM was very rude...so I went to Purina and became the TOP
DEMO PERSON!
Pros
Grain FREE easy to sell in Duck formulation
Cons
Working at Petsmart, & Petco, and telling why products at Walmart
Very good place to work if you love pets
Love it, works with my schedule, which is very good since I have Crohns. I love pets, and get to interact with pet parents. I have a ton of knowledge and have so much experience in the pet industries because of working for PetSmart.
Cons
driving
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Ehh
This job is fun for awhile but gets very old really fast. Management does not tell you everything you need to know about the food, only the good parts. You are stuck looking like an idiot in front of customers because you are not aware of any of the bad information of the food.
Great atmosphere
Learned so much about overall nutrition
Met new people everyday

Overall fun experience

Never ending learning

Learned new things everyday

All breeds cats and dogs
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not Enough hours
Boring
Boring. Work only weekends. No flexibility with your schedule. You will not get support needed if you have questions. No benefits. No Holidays. Pay is low considering you are giving up EVERY weekend to work for the company.
Great Company!
Awesome place to work! I worked there for almost 4 years and it's a great place. Awesome culture and nice people. Not as small town feeling as it used to be.
Fun job if you can ignor all of the drama.
Great if you like animals and selling a good product. Pay and discounts good. Management was not easy to work with, or if they were they didn't stay long. Not much help if you were on their bad side.
No training
They want you to work in grocery stores who handle their products. They removed us from pet stores where you have relationships the pet parents and their animals.
Great part time job
Working with Blue Buffalo as a Pet Detective has been fun, interesting, and fulfilling. I have a pet now which makes me more relatable to the Pet Parents I assist and meet. Great stores with helpful customer service pet advisors who love their jobs.
Blue is a great place to work
I love working at Blue Buffalo I've been working for the company for two years. I'm in Meijer stores and PetSmart I never thought I would like it at the Meijer store but I love it I've met so many pet parents and helped so many people get on blow and off of garbage food for their animals. I love talking to the pet parents I've met so many wonderful people there. I also love PetSmart to it's a great place to work especially the Mokena 1 + Chicago Illinois
Fraudulent company
This company is going down the tubes. I was a manager during my time there and my director called me on the phone and told me to buy up all of a certain product with a certain date code because it had mold and they didn't want another recall; this was extremely sneaky as he would not put it in writing. Horrible company.
Inexperienced Uncaring Management
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Bad management
Bad Management
The new DRM is rude and not friendly at all and I have to wonder how she keeps her job. She is very cold, overbearing and just plain nasty at the door. Horrible that I loved my job for the two years I was doing it until the day she took over and then, yeah, no, I left. She is horrible to even try and talk to.
Great company to work for
Working with Blue Buffalo has been enlightening and exciting. Blue Buffalo as a company is by far the most understanding when it comes to day to day life
Great Pay, Kinda Boring.
I have been with Blue Buffalo for four months now. The pay for where I live is really great. The only issues I have is how boring it can get. It feels like I am doing my job wrong because when I work in the grocery stores vs the pet stores it is very difficult for people to listen to my spiel about pet health. And I work in the grocery stores more often. All customers want in the grocery stores is to get in and get out, and usually they don’t care to spend a lot of money on their pet let alone listen to my pet health spiel. They always ask about coupons or will only buy it if it’s on sale. They only want the cheaper stuff.
It’s also more difficult because I don’t have a quota per say. I try to have a personal quota of like 2-3 products sold a day but the whole thing my manager is pushing for us to focus on is just talking to customers and educating them about pet health. It’s not terrible that I don’t have a quota and it can be less stressful but it’s not as motivating.

When I do sell a product I have to close the deal with the awkward “Thank You” card while they stand there waiting to leave the interaction. Then I was told that no one has been filling out the Thank You card surveys online anyways. It just feels like I’m slacking when I’m standing around my whole shift when the store is slow or when people won’t listen to me. I feel like I should have had more training or better shoes for standing.
Highest pay I've seen in this area - but no full-time opportunities
Its a great company to work for. You are trained in pet nutrition topics, and you get lots of support from your regional manager on how to approach people effectively without being a "salesperson." The pay is the highest I've seen in my area (southern Delaware) but unfortunately, its a part-time-only gig, with 20 hours a week the most you can work. They offer a nice discount on Blue Buffalo product (up to $40 per month) but that's it for benefits. If you like talking to strangers and are excited about educating people on why it matters to feed excellent pet food, this is a great gig for you.
A company declining
This job was amazing at first, great benefits like teledoc, money back on pet adoptions, pet insurance but they took that away. They still have a 401k option and $40 credit for food per month. Since getting sold to GM Blue is no longer what it was, they are changing the formula, going further into grocery stores so the quality has gone down. They are moving pet detectives from pet stores into grocery stores. Nobody shopping for grocery’s wants to chat about their dog food.
Fun never dull
If you have love for dogs and cats and care about their nutrition. Meeting people and helping them make best choice for pet food. If you adopt a rescue company will reimburse. Also get free petfood but limited budget.