Blue Buffalo

• Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Great Company to work for

Featured review

Blue Buffalo selected this as a representative review
Blue Buffalo is a Great Company to work forEveryone that works for the Company is so nice I have a Amazing Manager. They have Great Benefits. It’s a great working environment I would recommend anyone to work atBlue Buffalo.

Productive and engaging place to work!

Although I'm fairly new with the company, the overall experience has been great! Working with great people, great supervisor and management on-site whom are always helping you to achieve without the micro-management.Very competitive pay with above average benefits for the industry. The job is enjoyable, although not for the lazy or physically impaired!Great culture, management and on-site full HR staff, are very responsive to any concerns or needs.

Pros

Very competitive pay with incentives, good management, good HR on-site, open door policy, open to ideas for growth and improvement

Cons

Quality control, should be enforced above production, as the prior has a great impact on all aspects of production!!?

Great place to work if you have or love pets

Blue is a great place to work - @ least in my position as a Pet Detective. You work between 8 & 20 hours per week - you decide the # of hours as this is a P/T position. You get to work around pets, talk to customers about their pets and introduce pet parents to a fantastic pet food! Blue Buffalo managers are great, the managers in the stores I work are great, so you can't go wrong. Hardest part of the job is walking around on cement floors for 4 hours a shift and the stores customer flow being light.

Pros

4 hour shifts, great pet food perks for associates, getting to interact w/people that share your passion for pets

Cons

slow store traffic

Great Part Time Job

Super flexible and great for college students. Spent the entirety on my time in school working for Blue Buffalo and I enjoyed it the whole way through! Only reason I left was because I no longer qualified for my family’s benefits and needed a full time job.

Pros

Super flexible, animals, great pay

Cons

No benefits

Loved working with all the different pet owners

I had fun meeting new people, finding out how to help them with their fur babies and most of all getting to learn about all the different breds I hadn't been around when I was younger and training dogs. I enjoyed thinking out of the box for them. Figuring out the best items for their animals was a challenge and it was a busy job. I made many friends and am told that people still ask for me in the stores when I go in to get items. That makes me feel good. I know there are new people in my old stores but it is nice to know they ask about where I am.

Pros

short shifts, nice pay and enjoyable job

Cons

have to go to meetings, deal with cranky store managers sometimes that don't want you in their store.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Co-workers are great with team work

The on the job training is a mess they put you with people to train that have bearly been trained themselves and expect you to get how to operate the equipment alone after only 2 days of orientation and a day on the floor.Management could use some work with the way they speak and train the employees when they don't understand something cause not everyone is the same

Pros

Good hrs ant OT always available

Cons

Management and over worked

Under paid

I’ve been working as a Pet Detective for over three (3) years and still only earning $13.39 an hour. Some fellow coworkers are earning $15-$16 per hour. New hires are starting at $14. You can not blame this on Covid

Pros

Lots of animals

Cons

Not earning what new hires earn, double taxing your $40 pet food voucher

Great benifits!

A typical shift is talking with Pet Parents of dogs or cats and recommending the best food based on feedback from pet parents of which I felt was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Great benifits!

Cons

Not enough hours

Pet detective

Great partime job. I really loved working with my manager and meeting other employees. Trained well and not micro managed. Company educated us well on the products so we could help customers make a good selection.

Productive and fun place to work.

Blue Buffalo has a very healthy line of products for cats and dogs. They have ample supply of product information and discounts for customers. Location stores were great to work at.

Pros

Good pet food

Production job

Which dept you work in factors in to how hard you work. Packaging seems to be the busiest. There is favoritism that goes on. Pay is decent, could be better. Benefits are pretty decent. They have a 12 week parental leave program and 30 days paid off for loss of a spouse. Insurance is inexpensive. A lot of people don't stick around for a long time

Pros

Paid breaks, OT available. Some opportunity for advancementment

Cons

Favoritism, upper management doesn't seem too understand anything but getting product or the door

Treated well,paid well,and grow alot

The only downside to my position,a Pet Detective,is that the work is Thursday through Sunday. I get to see many retail environments,learn alot about everything from communication methods to ingredients and diseases,and the coworkers are positive. They have helped me develop personally and professionally. The benefits are incredible too.

Pros

Pet food allowance, 401K, set schedules, traveling job interacting with pet parents

Cons

All weekends, sometimes miss working with one crew

Amazing Company and Job

Blue Buffalo is such a philanthropic company to be a part of! Pet Detectives are valued as a key part in sales and marketing. We are given a lot of paid training before starting and throughout to keep us educated on pet nutrition. Working as a college student is amazing for me as I can only work weekends. They paid for my adoption fees after adopting my dogs, they also provide a rebate for pet food every month. I’ve also had opportunities to work some of Blue’s other events such as dock diving events and store grand openings! My manager is the best I have ever had, and I hope as I move on to become a manager I can be as wonderful as he is! And of course. You get to see puppies every day!

Pros

Short shifts, only weekends, philanthropic company

Wonderful company to work for!

I loved being a Pet Detective for Blue Buffalo. They truly care about animals and their employees. They have wonderful management and great perks. I’m so glad I was able to have the experience of working with Blue.

Good for part time

Most of the day is spent standing around the aisles where the company products are located and talking to pet owners about switching to Blue Buffalo. However, depending on what location you are in the store employees or managers won't even give you the time of day. Once the company had us work in grocery stores it was a mass exodus of employees leaving to look for better employment. Our manager was an extremely nice and generous guy who let you switch shifts or take days off for personal needs. It was not his fault for the companies horrendous business decisions regarding the pet detective program. The pay is decent but not enough to live on. In order to make the full amount a week you need to work around 5 days with either 4-8 hour shifts. Some stores you work in the staff and managers are very welcoming and will make the time fly by.

Pros

Schedule and being around pets

Cons

Changing locations, store employees, and pay.

Coworkers are great. My supervisor is there when I need him and so is HR.

I only feel that the pay is rather unfair. We as employees are worth more per hour. Same with benefits. They're pretty costly. There's not much time off we can take. And i know alot of employees including myself won't call off.

Pros

We've been provided free lunches, good management.

Cons

Need better pay and benefits to take care of a family

Good job for extra income or retiree's

It's an easy job if you can manage yourself and like pets. There is no commission, but you are expected to keep track of your sales. It can be boring during slow days and crazy during the holidays. Overall, it's a great job to make some extra income. It's not a full-time job with healthcare benefits.

Pros

Easy Money, Dogs

Cons

Boring, No Healthcare

Easy enough job but super awkward

So the pay is decent for the job- it's not high pay or anything, but you're also not doing that much work. The main problem I had with this job is just how awkward it is. The management is super out of touch with what works in customer service. The job basically entails standing around a store and talking to customers about the product. The thing is- 90% of pet owners already have a dog or cat food brand they are loyal to, and simply aren't interested in listening to what you have to say. They provide no incentive to make people listen to you (such as free samples or coupons). You just awkwardly linger around for a few hours and it's mostly pointless. Also, the store managers can be cold to you since you're a third party employee and Blue Buffalo management won't do anything about it. In conclusion- if you're just looking to make some extra money, then by all means go for this job. But be prepared for a lot of awkward moments, because the management's ideas are terrible.

Pros

Decent pay, easy work

Cons

Boring, methods don't work, problems with management

Great part time job

Work-life balanceBeen amazing to my family and I through covid19. Well supplied with PPE and the essential things needed to stay safe. My management has been so compassionate towards my family and I as well. Just wanna thank my employer for being the best job I've ever had:)Pay & benefitsVery competitive pay! For part time job.ManagementExcellent management!!!!CultureGreat place to work!OverallHas been a great job! Good pay always paid on time! Lots of resources for guidance and support. Yes it's a part time job but you get to work on your own and not have to worry about being supervised, just follow rules and they are very supportive towards there hardworking employees.

Good Company that treats employees welll.

Nothing but superlatives to say about this Company. Going and growing and treats employees fairly. Have been with them for a while. Have nothing bad to say about this Company. Have always treated me well.Wish I could own more of their stock as they're going and growing.

Pros

Treats employees well right across the board.

Cons

Would like to see the hourly rate boosted just a bit.

Choose which stores to go to. Mostly work independently. Flexible with your schedule and shifts are not long. Managers are amazing!

Job security and advancementThey want to keep you as an employee for the long haul.ManagementOf all the manager I have had these managers really make you feel like family. They treat you with respect and help keep moral high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Blue Buffalo with