Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews

Some awesome side perks!
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2019
Only required to work at least 8 hours during the weekend. Can work up to 20 hours a week. Super low stress job. Awesome manager. Flexible scedule. Pet food reimbursement, 401 k, $300 credit for pet adoption yearly, and discounts on pet insurance. Reccomend for easy money. Be prepared for down time some how.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, flexible schedule, nice boss
Cons
Slow paced, low traffic sales, boring, mindless
Fun and Laid back
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 10, 2019
Blue Buffalo is an excellent company that cares a lot about their employees. You usually work independently, so you need to have good personal management skills. They offer good pay and have amazing managers.
Pet Detective
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2019
As a Pet Detective, you are allowed 29 hours per week maximum. Each shift is a 4 hour shift and you must take 1 hour break between shifts. On Friday and Saturday I worked 2 shifts perr day, this is nor required. Usually you are hired for 12 hours per week. This is a permanent part-time job with 401k option after 6 month of employment.
Pros: go to different stores each shift. Get to see cute animals! Get a $40 monthly rebate towards Blue products.
Cons: Work EVERY weekend....sigh
Standing on cement floors
Rude store customers ( not often but it does happen)
They took away our Teladoc!!! No health coverage for part-timers.
Starting pay not competitive with other brand ambassador competitors. Other companies start reps at $15/hr.
Raises are small; but finally for the past 2 years we have received annual review with possibility of raise.
Pros
401k. Rebates
Cons
No health care
Blue Buffalo Review Summary
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2019
I worked as a sales rep at blue buffalo and in the time that I did work for the company I was nothing but pleased with management. There were no sales quotas and our jobs as Sales reps was to be in store to work with Pet Parents to find what food best matched their pets needs. The hours were limited but Flexible and overall I always had a good time working at Blue.
Awesome Company
Pet Detective (PartTime) (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 15, 2019
Blue Buffalo which was just purchase by General Mills and its management team are awesome. Even though we make our hours management communicates and are very flexible with us. Quaterly meeting are always nice!
Pros
discount on dog food monthly
Cons
more raises
Good sales rep part time job
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2019
It was a good part time job on the side, Manager was awesome pay was decent there was a pet food reimbursement that I wasn't too thrilled about- 40 a month. you would purchase, then email the proof of sale to the manger that would then add it to your pay check- it would get taxed then as income.
Pros
low stress
Cons
driving, not fulltime
Blue Buffalo is a great company to work for.
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 5, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Blue Buffalo. Be prepared to stand for a long time. If you have knee or leg problems, this might not be the job for you. However if you like dogs and cats and enjoy listening to people and talking with them, you will love it.

The reason I left was I needed something closer to home. I was spending a lot in gas money and toll fees. Also I was spending a lot of time on the road. Both going to my first store of the day and coming home from the last store of the day was costing me a lot in time away from my family. If I could have worked closer to my home, I would still be with them today.
Best Company to Work For
Sr. Regional Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2019
Leaders want to help and mentor you. The open door policy is not just a policy, it is how the organization is run. If you want to learn and grow professionally and personally, this is the place to work for.
Wonderful position!!!
Pet detective (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CT 06897February 19, 2019
I enjoy every interaction with pet parents & their pets!!! I look forward to going to work!!! My manager is very knowledgeable, helpful, & considerate!!! The company merge with General Mills was a plus not a negative.
Pros
Great job enjoy working for this company.
Cons
Part time only available so no health insurance offered.
Good company, but things changed after buy out.
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 24, 2019
Good company, but after the merger, we moved from small company to big corporation were people are numbers. Your degree became more important that your experience.
Pros
Free pet food every month
Cons
No room for advancement, depending on degree
Great Management and Great Pay
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 4, 2019
The job is incredibly easy. As long as you pay attention during your training and perform your duties as instructed, the most you'll have to do some days is stand and smile. Unfortunately, some days you have to just stand and smile. Be prepared to have a ton of down time. You'll very likely have boring days. That being said, the pay is too good to argue and the management is incredibly friendly and understanding.
Pros
Pay, Management, Flexible hours
Cons
Downtime, Few objectives
Good place to work if you have a dog
International Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTJanuary 4, 2019
You are able to bring your dog to work which is nice and they also pay for dog food and treats. Unfortunately there is not room for growth and they pay is very low compared to other companies in the area. The job titles normally do not match the type of work that the people are doing.
Productive and fun place to work. Management is excellent
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 31, 2018
Four hour shifts. They set your hours. Weekends required.
Must be knowledgeable about pets. Job requires I speak with customers about their pets. Show customers the features and benefits of Blue Buffalo versus competitors
Pros
Work mostly pet food stores
Cons
Working grocery stores is slow and unproductive.
Great job if you like talking and informing people.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 18, 2018
Great job great company.
I go to the stores talk to pet parents make sure they understand what we are selling if they buy that’s great if they don’t may be next time then.
Love doing this as a side job.
If you love talking and love pets this is the job for you.
Pros
People are great.
Cons
N/a
The Company Is Great
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 1, 2018
The company is great and I had an awesome manager who really tried to help us be the best we could be. I would recommend this job if you are an outgoing person who can talk to others easily and think quickly.
Great company to work for and its only on the weekends.
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2018
This company was great. The management really wanted their employees to feel welcome to come to them with any issues. I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Free lunches when management took you out for a meeting
Cons
only about 12 hour pay periods
Blue Buffalo is a low wage company that expects a lot!
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  UnknownOctober 14, 2018
The wage Blue pays for the amount of work is unbalanced. Low wages do not pay the bills.

Management is horrible. When visit by the regional, you get told all that is going wrong, never what has been right. The director is a micro manager and extremely demanding.

The company expects a script of "story telling" to be followed with EVERY potential customer which is fake and received as such. If you see any dog food rep, RUN, or the conversation will direct you to buy.

The product does cause liver enzymes to be high in dogs. Cats have suffered many issues from the food too. I can get the product free and choose not to. Be forewarned!

It's an easy job to stand around and talk to people. However, when no one is in the stores, there is no one to talk to.

Some of the managers at PetSmart and Petco are idiotic and down right mean.

The company offers a great 401k with a match.

Would I work for this company again if I had a chance to do it all over again? No. What I do is never appreciated and I have never had such a jerk for a boss.
Pros
401 K with match at a part time job
Good Part Time Job
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 6, 2018
Good part time job. Very boring at times. If there are no customers in the store, there’s nothing to do. You get a $40 per month pet food allowance when your manager decides to submit your receipts. It was nice meeting the pets that came into the stores. All in all I think BLUE is a great product and the company is good to work for. I wish there were other opportunities in my area besides what I was doing.
Pros
Meeting the pets.
Cons
Manager who didn’t care
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHSeptember 30, 2018
Management was very relaxed and I loved working there. I got to go to various stores and see the dogs and cats at the pet shops. However, the one thing I didn't like at all was only working 24 hrs tops during the summer and having to drive to another store during your lunch break.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Travel to other city during lunch break
Sales, Sales,Sales
Pet Food Detective (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CT 06897September 26, 2018
The training was excellent. I use it in my current position. The company is only sales oriented. My manager reviewed my work on a regular basis. They believe that Blue Buffalo is the best dog food compared to all other dog food.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Sales oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.