Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great benefits, decent pay, great culture
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 10, 2017
The immediate things are great but something just seems 'off' on given days. Structure of company is changing. Lots of people leaving and the culture is changing as the size of the company increases. Nice facade though, great work-life balance and it's a decent place to be for as long as you are there. Not sure if company is setting themselves up for sale but things just are different there after they went public.
Pros
Dogs at office, pet food discounts, work-life balance
Representative
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 8, 2017
I did not work at Blue Buffalo for very long as it was a summer job. I had little interactions with other employees besides my first meeting with my regional manager. My work day would begin with me coming in at the start of my shift to my designated pet store for the day. I would restock and organize the shelves of the Blue Buffalo food I was representing. I would then walk around interacting with customers for the remainder of my shift.
Finance Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTApril 11, 2017
Friendly environment, work/life balance was manageable, management was exceptionally friendly, overall thoroughly enjoyed working at Blue Buffalo, Co.
Fun, interactive
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAApril 10, 2017
You work in various pet stores, interacting with customers, advising them on the most beneficial pet food for their animals. You work with store employees, though sometimes there can be conflicts between stores or competitors, it is overall fantastic.
Wonderful company
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2017
It's a wonderful way for an animal lover to make a little extra money. Blue Buffalo has a true passion for the health and well-being of companion animals.
Blue
Veterinary Clinic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2017
Blue buffalo is a strong company that offers many chances of advancement. The company has good work life balance, while it also challenges you to become better while working for them
Mismanaged with zero job security
Veterinary Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 30, 2017
Pretty much copy and pasting a previous review but nailed it: Company was not prepared to launch a veterinary division and bit off more then they could handle. Division is mis-managed with a lack of any job security. Company culture is supposably great but doesn't extend to the vet division. Family owned but many see as just a marketing company with deep pockets trying to infiltrate another vertical within the food umbrella. Stay away
Pros
Free samples for your own pets
Cons
No future
Fun and Easy
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 28, 2017
Very easy job once you have the tools to put to use. You need to have an outgoing personality and to be confident in product knowledge. I thoroughly enjoyed this position as I HATE being micro managed ad this job is very independent. Occasional meetings suck because you have to drive really far to attend, Scarce physical interactions with management. Excellent discount once in a while. Good job for college kids or retirees.Pay is good.
Blue Buffalo Natural Vet Diets
Veterinary Clinic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMarch 28, 2017
New company that got ahead of itself for the Veterinary sales. There was not enough understanding of the veterinary market for success in the early years. Hopefully, time will help!
Pros
compensation
Cons
structure
Veterinary Division
Veterinary Clinic Specialist (Former Employee) –  WAMarch 27, 2017
Company was not prepared to launch a veterinary devision and bite off more then they could handle. Division is mis-managed with a lack of any job security. Company culture is great but doesn't extend to the vet division.
Blue Buffalo
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2017
Worked four hour shifts fri-sun, it was decent, you walk around petsmart or petco for that time selling the product that blue buffalo makes. The female regional manager for San Diego is a bit of a pain, and she makes surprise visits to make sure you're working, since it is an independent position. The people in general at the petsmarts and petcos are amazing and usually let you do your own thing and enjoy having you around.
Fast paced, growing company
DC Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHMarch 19, 2017
Very good culture and growing at a rapid pace. This can be exciting and somewhat stressful at the same time. Really good people throughout the organization.
Pros
Overall work environment and culture
Cons
Work-Life balance can suffer at times
Appreciates Employees
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 15, 2017
Great part time position. It is not like work, more like getting paid to socialize and educate. I feel very appreciated by management and am always being thanked for my efforts. Due to family matters I have had to give notice. But I certainly hope to be rehired in the future. Pay is generous and perks are good. Emotionally generous company to work for.
Pros
Pay, appreciation, rebates, freedom to be yourself following guidelines of course.
Cons
Fun job working retail with people and their pets
Pet Food Sales/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 8, 2017
This company offers a lot of perks for its part time employees.
It is a retail position and you have to work weekends during peak store hours. You get to work with customers and their pets and that can be both positive and negative.
You are on your feet during 4 hour shifts. The job can be boring for some people.
You receive monthly coaching from your manager and can receive daily email updates. mgmt does call the store to check on you each shift.
If you are trustworthy and can work independently, this is a fantastic part time job.
Pros
Fun job, good pay, great benefits
Cons
Can be boring, cannot sit during your shift
Close/Open-Minded Family
Pet Food Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 1, 2017
The company strives to include everyone into a welcoming family. The interactions, while attempting to explain this to management, are on a case-by-case basis, however, they give you a guideline by which one must perform these interactions. It limits the process. Not all representatives will be able to perform this strict script.
Pros
experience
Cons
long hours/communication
Company Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTFebruary 22, 2017
Nice culture but lack of advancement and stimulation for employees to grow. Work pace is very fast with not a lot of times to reflect on past experiences.
Not the best company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 15, 2017
Restrictive, paranoid, not completely truthful, increasingly having more recalls and issues with other companies. Need better management and organization. Product formulas are lacking in quality. Formulas changing. Its very pressure sales based.
Pros
Partial reimbursement on one bag of food a month
Cons
Lack of appreciarion of employees, unresonable restrictions, management issues
Good Weekend Job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 8, 2017
Good part time job on the weekends, but no chance for full time. If you like talking about your pets all day this is the perfect job. After the first 100 times it gets kind of boring though, would have enjoyed it more if I was given more tasks.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Not enough Hours
Best Part Time Job EVER
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 7, 2017
Great Corporate Culture. They strive for excellence in all they do and I have had soooo much fun being a Pet Detective. Love my employer and the pet parents. Meeting the pets is a bonus and actually very stress relieving in a very busy world.
We go to sessions to build our skill set. Then out to the stores we go to meet pet parents and their pets when present. Through the process of listening to people tell us about their pet we get to recommend a dog/cat food or other Blue product that would benefit the dog or cat. No need to push people as the process is pretty simple and even though we don't have every one we meet walk away with a product we do get to help the customer understand the Blue Products and maybe someday they will come back. It is ALL ABOUT THE PET!!! Building bonds is the easy part.
Pros
Flexible hours: work uniforms are given: dog food allowance: best boss ever
Cons
They do not have full time positions.
Part time, low key fun job
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Fun job working part time meeting tons of people and pets.
decent pay. working out of local pet stores and with great teams in store and within Blue Buffalo.
Pros
Part Time
Cons
Weekends Only