Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL, MT, NM, OK & TX

Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL, MT, NM, OK & TX Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,473 reviews
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 6, 2018
Great company to work for. Excellent benefits and great hours. Staff members are a lot of fun, there's always opportunities for advancement. No discrimination.
Pros
Fair Breaks
Cons
Helping people reach their potential
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 9, 2018
There was never a typical day in a call center. Call volume was always high and making sure that those calls were answered n a timely manner. Being the Quality Supervisor over 2 years and having 19 direct reports and with them being pulled to answer calls and then there primary work load still needing to be met. Addressing their concerns and the concerns of managers and site director.
Becoming a Customer Service Representative Supervisor was a new experience that created new and exciting learning experience. Call volume, ASA, adherence, PTO, FMLA.
The best part of both jobs were to watch each direct report make decisions about their career and that you could help.
Pros
People
Cons
Meetings
A good place to work.
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 5, 2018
Learned a lot here. The training is great most of the time. The benefits are awesome and only have few complaints about this company. BCBS of New Mexico is a great company.
N/a
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 3, 2018
This is a crazy company to work for fun business great work ethic supervisor is involved and wonderful everybody is so well organized and a lot of volunteer hours to choose from
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Faced pace environment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 28, 2018
Performance reviews are designed to both evaluate general performance and measure progress around specific goals. Both negative and positive aspects are incorporated in these reviews as they should serve as a point of reference to both look back in evaluation and ahead in anticipation. Pulling back from daily demands in order to assess and review employee performance allows managers to focus their attention on specific departments and clarify what is high priority to their company.
Food work life bal
HEALTH COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  RICHARDSON, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Good, good benefits, work from home, focused on consumers and giving back to community. Has a great deal of concern for employees and big on inclusion and diversity.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 17, 2018
Very family like culture, felt like you were on one big team. The benefits were great and the amount of time off you are given is exceptional and above average for what I've encountered since leaving there.
Pros
pay/benefits/time off
Cons
stressful at times
Very cut throat
Grievance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2018
Pays well, the culture is very cut throat amongst the employees applying for a position within the company is horrible.
No loyalty, very up tight angry
Pros
Salary
Cons
Very cut throat
The actual job itself is fine, however, see below...
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 12, 2018
So, this company has essentially blocked me from contacting them to provide me my own personal employment information from when I was employed with them. It was a very long and tedious process that did nothing for me, that only ended just very recently within the last 2 weeks. I will recommend not doing business with a company that does that to its previous employees.
Loved the job and was very good at it.
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILSeptember 6, 2018
It was a very face-paced job and some days were very stressful, but you adjust and move on. Hardest part was trying to make sure all providers had a pleasant experience, of course that didn't always happen, but I'm sure they had their bad days as well. Enjoyed speaking with providers from all over the United States. Quite the experience at times. Loved all my supervisors. Great human beings they were.
benefits
Cons
couldn't please everyoneCA
The best education of the health industry you can get
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 28, 2018
A excellent company to work for provided you avoid the Chicago Mac dept. Mgmt was not the greatest when I work there my dept was RIF to The Chgo Mac Dept
Pros
office setting Benefits education of HCSC
Cons
the union is not the best
Review Summary
RN Utilization Review (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 27, 2018
I really enjoy my job, the work culture is amazing, the benefits are awesome and I have great work life balance. My manager is awesome and we have great team work.
Great health insurance company
Consultant, Cost of Care Strategy (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
At my time at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (HCSC) there were many opportunities to learn about health insurance from the 4th largest health insurance company in the country.
It's a good place to work in with benefits and living wages except quota and production required.
Medical Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2018
Generally speaking, health insurance industries have been competitive, and it's been a trend to require quota and production. In other words, there is a strong emphasis on quantity instead of quality of work.
Pros
Offered employees 'LIVING" wages and benefits.
Cons
High sress and fast paced.
very productive work environment
General clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
i enjoyed doing data entry and medical billing. I sorted incoming mail, distribute it to the correct departments for processing. I also processed medical billing claims as well via a data entry data base.
Pros
good environment
Cons
temp position only
Blue Cross Blue Sheild downtown Chicago was a good place to work.
Claims Processor/Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
It was my first corporate job and for 9 years I met and befriended lots of people and strengthen my clerical skills and gained administrative training.
Pros
Good job with great benefits
Cons
Cant complain
Good place, albeit can be stressful
Customer Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 12, 2018
If you can handle high stress and argumentative callers, this is the job for you. Pay and benefits for my area are great. Very diverse atmosphere. Non discriminatory
Productive and fast pace
Customer Advocate I (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 11, 2018
Great place to work just have to be willing to learn systems and guidelines. The benefits are great as well. You are limited to unpaid time off per year, but paid time off is given every paycheck.
I love working at Blue Cross Blue Shield
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 10, 2018
This company cares greatly for their employees and treats them all well and equal. There are so many opportunities to learn and advance with this company.
Pros
Promoting from within
Love this job
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 10, 2018
It was a great company to work for. They had flawless training, stability, and a caring leadership staff. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a great company to grown with.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Couldn't relocate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL, MT, NM, OK & TX. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about