Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana Employee Reviews

Friendly, who you know
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 21, 2019
People do well to help company succeed
High turnover in areas
Unskilled managers
Great people
Changed top line
Opportunity to learn
Onsite bank and cafeteria is good
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Management communications and favoritism
Great company
OGB Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 19, 2019
I love working there. I learned about health care insurance and processing claims. I had great co workers and a awesome supervisor. They offer great benefits and retirement package.
Medical Review Nurse
MEDICAL REVIEW NURSE (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 21, 2019
Very poor management. Micromanaged. No opportunities for growth and advancement within the department. Very low salary. Unrealistic departmental goals and expectations. Great gym, cafeteria and health wellness programs.
Great Company overall with good benefits
Manager, Network Operations (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 17, 2019
Great Company overall with good benefits with a changing culture. Extremely busy days, that extend late until the evenings. Many seasoned employees that have many years of knowledge,which is key.
Laid back, great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 6, 2019
Laid back, great benefits. Lack of management direction. Great work/life balance. Casual dress code. Lack of training and resources to perform job with limited staff.
Pros
Laid back, great benefits
Cons
Continuous canceled meetings with lack of direction. No Accountability.
Productive atomosphere
Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 25, 2019
My experience at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana has been amazing . Its a comfortable work area with friendly people . The treat there employer with the upmost respect . I'm glad to be a part of the company .
Pros
benefits, pay
n/a
TPA Account Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 23, 2019
Management basically sucks, no one care about their employees and the turnover rate is high. They block customer service reps from getting another position within the company. The call center is inconsistent and don't know how to give their employees respect.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Supervisors and Managers Suck
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 19, 2019
Management basically sucks, no one knows the correct answer when asked. The company is very inconsistent and a complete joke. Call center is the worse job to work in for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
Pros
Good pay for state of Louisiana.
Cons
Idiots for call center supervisors and managers.
Customer CARE Center
Account Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 17, 2019
I worked in the Customer Care center which is a call center environment and it was everything that people warned me about. The management was racist and horrible also the pay was very sub-par. I initially took the position to get a foot in the door but I quickly realized that the Supervisors over the individual teams liked the feeling of holding your future in their hand and would not promote advancement. The managers were very incompetent which in turn made the Supervisors just as incompetent. Save yourself the time and effort, do not apply for any Account Advisor I position.
Pros
paid time off, no weekends
Cons
incompetent supervisors, poor work culture, poor promotional opportunities
Very productive and laid back
MEDICAL CODER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 3, 2019
Blue Cross was one of the best places I have ever worked. You can work 40 hours a week and most areas pick them the way they want each day. I worked in the regular coding department.
Pros
Gym workout on breaks
Cons
alot of overtime
Work at Home
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2019
Work at home program is phenomenal! Great pay and benefits. Company is truly concerned about the well being of their employees. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Limited advancement
Very secure place to work. A great place to work.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton RougeFebruary 2, 2019
I have been with Blue Cross Plans for 21 years; SC and LA. No major complaints at all. In SC, most of my years were in Information Systems, but I moved into Project Management in 2007
Pros
Flexible hours and micro managing is lolw
Cons
Pay should be more; and promotion opportunities
N/a
Sr. Adjustment Clerk - ITS Host Adjustments (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 15, 2019
Adjusting claims which includes coding refunds and appeals. Contact providers or the home plan when needed to get the claim processed and paid correctly.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No overtime
Great Job
Sales Representative / Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rather not sayJanuary 10, 2019
I was beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to work in the Sales department., it is an Insurance Agents dream job. it is my first corporate job and I made lots of mistakes, my direct managers always have gone above and beyond to back me. Honestly they put up with way too much from most agents and employees. There is a culture within the organization that just does not get what it is like to deal with human beings ( customers) needing help. Customer service at the corporate level is sad and embarrassing. It is such a great organization but unfortunately they fail to really connect with the clients. There is just no one to go to to get help for your customer if there is a crisis small or large.Company paid claims are the best in the business hands down. I was very honored to be apart of the company and to tell people that's where I worked. Management as a whole needs a complete over haul. Lots of big wigs with major attitudes that do not seem at all client oriented. My direct managers were the best and it seems like the new management and talent they are bringing on are forward thinking and more sensitive to the client base.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Customer Service
Insurance
Systems Architect/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 30, 2018
you are a number, not a person. Human Resources is a joke when you have a complaint about management. It's used against you and you have no chance for a career.
Cool Place to Work, Management Posistions need work
Membership & Billing Advisor III (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 29, 2018
Management is my only issue , the people in position are vindictive and spiteful the job is awesome but they take the joy out of working for the company they show favoritism and do a lot of negative things to their employees/
Good place to work changelling
Adjustment Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 11, 2018
BlueCross was a good place to work but the money the rises were not good. I think because they paid full benefits. But the economy was still going up single patient got rough had to find something else.
Fun and focused work place
Enterprise Integration Architect (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 12, 2018
Provides best work life balance for all jobs. Rated the best places to work in baton rouge. Provides required training and opportunities to advance in your career.
Digital Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 1, 2018
Working at blue cross is wonderful the benefits are good the work environment isn’t stressful management is understanding, career advancement opportunities,
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 27, 2018
I truly love working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana. There is a free gym and classes during work hours. They really promote health and wellness here.