Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Employee Reviews

United States285 reviews
Ratings
Great place to work. Been here for almost 7 years and the company has been good to me when I had to take time off for an injury and subsequent surgeries over a 2 year period
Excellent work/life balance and benefits
Trusted to do your work with minimum oversight, leaders always willing to listen to questions and assist. Casual dress code, jeans of Friday. Opportunity to work from home.
summary
It's a good place. It's a company, there are good thing, bad things, good people, bad people. It's an 80 year old insurance company, so being conservative is in their dna at this point.
positive experiment
I worked as a member service representative. This position gave me full-time employment when I was only able to previously obtain temporary teaching employment. I left to pursue my chosen career.
Stressful little help growing
They promote that there is many places to move within the company but then they don't want to lose you in the member service role so they provide 0 assistance. It was good to make decent money but they do not help with job stress or career advancement.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Nice place to work
I loved my job but was wrongfully terminated. They need to take care of their employees like they do the Members. If I could get my job back I would, the benefits are great.
Being Productive and keep chasing my goals
would like to join in fun work environment and want to be a part of an successful organization.
worked on various tool stack, interested in working various technologies
Company Has Great Work Life Balance But Poor Leadership
Blue Cross has changed a bit over the past few years. The organization strives to promote diversity and inclusion and respect for others, but does not abide by those ideals. BCBSMA is rapidly becoming just another big business with poor leaders who do not care about their staff and only the bottom line. I agree with other reviews about the company, “You are just a number”. I feel this is true. There was a time I really enjoyed working at Blue Cross and felt valued. As the leadership changed, the culture changed. Morale and staff retention also suffered. There are still some areas at BCBSMA that are good, but they are becoming fewer and fewer.
Productive workplace
BCBS is a great company to work for. They offer great employee benefits. Depending on your position they offer to be able to work remote. Every year they have a Service Day for the company where every employee can take the day off and help give back to the community by signing up for different community service excursions through greater Boston.
disappointed
company used to care about employees in last 4 years you are a number not a person they used to focus on employee needs but now it is what managment needs not the people who work hard and get no where
pretty neutral
slow moving for change, fair pay, poor management, poor communication within the company, are odd about remote working. good benefits. standard Monday to Friday hours.
Great Place to Work
I really enjoy working at Blue Cross. I have a great team and am around a lot of smart people. The pension is huge, tough to find that these days. They let me work from home 2-3 days a week.
Great place to work.
Team work is essential and is well sought after with this company. For employees it is a great company to work with and they provide plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Poor management across the board.
They have very poor management at many levels of the organization. They do hire many times from within but unfortunately they are unqualified. They do not listen to associates which has been a major theme in many annual surveys. The company discrminates against people with disabilities and HR allows management to retaliate when reported.
At the forefront of healthcare
Very team-oriented organization that is at the forefront of their industry. Lots of training opportunities and growth is strongly supported even outside your department.
Truly people focused organization
Nothing more to say than: amazing place to work that truly cares about their people. Truly put health plan members first and that culture permeates throughout.
collaborative environment, desk based position with mostly phone communication. Little interaction with patients and families. Wanted more interaction with patients.
It was a good work place but needs work
The bad thing about working at Blue Cross is that the mangers and employees alike fail to understand that people sometimes struggle with anxiety. I personally struggle with this. This give a proscription, I sometime feel nervous and uneasy when I am in a new environment. The people at Blue Cross failed to understand me and ended up placing negative judgement on me which made things worse and kept me from forming good relationships with other employees. Other than that, i enjoy doing the work and helping clients.
Productive and Fast Paced
A lot of work, but a lot of fun also. Must love helping people and working in a collaborative environment. Good benefits and decent salary levels. Thank you.
Analyst temp for hire partnership
The job it self was a great experience it was a temp Position with no benefits there were alot of clicks and favortisom also the only wy to be permanent is thru a temp agency and having someone already permanent employed can get you in if yall are friends.
Great Learning Experience
Coming into a call center environment can vary from company to company. Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA was very welcoming and they provided everyone with the necessary tools to do their job. I advanced into a Leadership Role and then into the Workforce Management role within my first year. Management allowed for me to do my job and did not micromanage. The ability to work remote was a huge plus. The only downfall I would say would be in comparison to other companies, they do not compensate similarly for the work that is being done. Overall a very good company and very good people.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Reviews by Location