Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Employee Reviews

United States710 reviews
Productive and collaborative fun place to work
Co workers and other team members are helping and encourage each other for the successful deployment of the project. The new processes being followed are exciting to all.
Great Place To Work
There is a family like environment. The teams work great together. Some days can be tiring because of the amount of member we handle, and the concerns the have.
Salary
Overall decent place to work with competitive pay and benefits. Leadership and management can very poor at times making the work environment difficult
Great company
Great place to work.
I learned a great deal about the healthcare business. The culture is amazing and the hardest part of the job is leaving at 5pm.
Limited advancement opportunities
I was limited in my ability to advance although I was with company almost four years. I was never place on any corrective action plan and months before I left I received a Master's Degree. I didn't want to feel complacent and stagnant in an entry level position after being in my role for so long.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
If you're a contractor who's not indian, don't plan to stick around
All of my team members who are not indian have come and gone like the wind. indian team members speak their own language sometimes and our manager clearly shows preference to them.
Excellent
Excellent company I enjoyed working for. Employee balance, community service and education.
Blue Cross is a great place to work and begin a lifelong career.
13 year employee
Great place, unlike no other. You'll love the culture and diversity. Plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Better benefits within the union, however, higher pay if you're not.
The give back to the community
There are several opportunities to volunteer in the community. I really have nothing else to say about it. And I don't like that you cant skip over this section.
poorly managed, great benefits
Poor management/leadership, micromanaging, lack of trust of employees. Employees are not valued. Great benefits however, lots of individuals jumping ship.
I have been retired from Blue Cross and Blue Shield since November 25, 2014.
I was a strong believer in teamwork. I believed in accuracy and getting the job done by the deadline. I was a strong believer in making a positive difference in the corporation.
Pros
Benefits paid by employer.
Cons
Overtime discontinued.
Feet Stuck in the Mud
I thought that working at BCBSM was a luxury. It’s all about who you know and who you work for in order to be advanced. Pay sucks, raises suck, promotional pay sucks. Figured going to school to get my Masters might help me advance...BS! Now I am trying to figure out my exit plan. Don’t do it it unless you just need a job.
Not the best but not the worst
Has no compassion for life situations. No work/home balance. The pay is decent but for all the work you do, is below industry standards. Main perk to working there is good benefits.
Poor communication.
There is poor communication throughout the company often resulting in poor morale from staff.
Training is also poorly handled. No written step by step instructions for basic jobs.
happy to work here
Fun place to work , nice team.
Scope to learning, Innovate,

Flexibility , WFH oppurtunity,

Happy to be the part of the team.

Understanding team lead.
Compensation
We were the first satellite location and reps at the home location did the exact same work and were paid $4-$5 more. After a few months of being open our location became tier 2 support and the home base was tier 1 they did less work and received better pay. I was a rep but was constantly used by management as support for new hires, supervisor calls and agents assistance but was not compensated for it and I was still required to meet all adherence
Great place to work, lots of advancement opportunity. Great management, excellent work processes in place. Parking is an issue if you're not a permanent employee
This could be an excellent workplace but for a few bad managers
I am experiencing workplace bullying At work by my team lead and when I took it to her boss she supported the tactics that were being used and did not investigate anything I said because her and the team we have been friends for years
not so great at work life balance quite yet
the need to be onsite is required daily unless you are a direct hire. there are alot of politics in the department that I worked in and drama everywhere. Management played "15 min of fame" and then you were "out"
poor employee development support
Hard to work with people that is always trying to save their job. Company culture is very poor at the finance area. Hard to get guidance and there is preference based on sympathy. Very subjective.
Corporate Work Life with Union
This job is a very rigid structured company. The company is very corporate styled and has a union as well. It is business casual and a very easy work/life balance. Most people are salary and can work the majority of the day at work, go home, avoid rush hour and continue working from home. There are some places to eat within the cafeteria area. In addition, this is very political. A lot of the the other parts of the company do not like to talk to one another or take a lot of information without giving something back.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.