Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Blue Cross Blue Sheild downtown Chicago was a good place to work.
Claims Processor/Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
It was my first corporate job and for 9 years I met and befriended lots of people and strengthen my clerical skills and gained administrative training.
Pros
Good job with great benefits
Cons
Cant complain
Good Place to Work
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 13, 2018
It is a good environment. I went to do my job and go home. The people are helpful and everyone gets a chance to cross train. Only issue is that it was hard to become a permanent employee.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Hard to advance from Temporary
Advancing and a great company
Credentialing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 12, 2018
A typical workday at BCBSNC is busy. Some days are faster than others. My job requires a lot of research and follow up with providers.
I am not really sure why I have to tell so much about my current employer when I am just seeking a part time job.
Good place, albeit can be stressful
Customer Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 12, 2018
If you can handle high stress and argumentative callers, this is the job for you. Pay and benefits for my area are great. Very diverse atmosphere. Non discriminatory
Productive and fast pace
Customer Advocate I (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 11, 2018
Great place to work just have to be willing to learn systems and guidelines. The benefits are great as well. You are limited to unpaid time off per year, but paid time off is given every paycheck.
Good company to work for!
Product Engineering System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 10, 2018
BCBSKS is a great company to work for. Why else would I have stayed there for 35 years. They provide their employees great benefits. Great cafeteria on site, and a company gym.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
No childcare on site.
typical day
Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2018
I had many roles at BCBS in the 12 years I was there. but te last position I held was team member. constant phone calls. I learned alot about insurance.
the hardest part of the job was trying to answer and complete the call in you alotted 2 min time frame
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful
Bcbs
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2018
I am VERY disappointed. Workplace culture is one of diversity. Most enjoyable is LUNCH. Bilingual CSA's make more but not much. Management suck! Thinking of going to college on their dime though...maybe become a Business Analyst.
Pros
discounts on many things local and away.
Cons
Not enough time for breaks, 30 mins.
Good working environment.
Software Developer II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2018
The work was interesting. There were opportunities to learn new things. The people were nice and easy to work with. I learned a lot of things during my time there.
Pros
Interesting work, nice people
Cons
Got rid of mainframe programmers.
Day to Day
Assist the member (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 10, 2018
At work you were to clock in and stay at your desk taking calls. If you over used your personal time off the phone then you would have to wait until you had a break or lunch to use the restroom. They have no sick leave so when you or a child is sick or in an accident or anything else and you have to be out of work they give you an occurence when you reach a certain amount you are put on a warning. They don't have exceptions. Even when you try and schedule time off it is an act of congress to get a day off unless it is like 2 months in advance.
The are unfair about who gets special projects off the phone. If you are good at something and this is included in the project but they see your good on the phones too you never get projects. As well if you are a kiss up to your boss you'll get special treatment.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Hard to be promoted to other departments.
Great Place to Work
Senior Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 10, 2018
Anthem Blue is a great place to work. The benefit packages include stock options, paid time off, discounts with other great companies. For example, Solar panels, auto, cellular service, home loans, car rental, hotels, vacations.
Pros
healthy lunch options
Cons
cant think of any
Fast paced
Behavior health advocate II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 9, 2018
Good place to work, always professional.
I learned a lot about behavior health.
My only concerned was too many system to be toggled for one question.
Pros
Great attitudes.
Cons
Systems
Productive fun work environment
Membership Operations Professional (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 9, 2018
A Lot of fun work activities. Great job advancement, and opportunity to move to different departments. The only issue was the job security. The work morale was very good. My manager made the me feel very comfortable in my position.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed the dedicated people working for Blue Cross Blue Shield. It was a wonder full place to work. The people were great to work. I would work for them again.
Big Organization
Technical Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2018
Serious Business analysis from Healthcare perspective with lot of insurance related business functions. Lot of involvement due to project completion timelines.
Monitored or researched customers medical claims
Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 8, 2018
Heavy data entry begin of the day and followed up customers medical claim issues.
A lot that involved with medical claims; such as; coding and prices.
The department was ok for if any changes occurred.
If more issue involved with claims, then increased more into investigation or researched.
I liked the thinking involved to this work.
Pros
Enjoyed the office space environment and working with my team.
Cons
Became less job security
Amazing Company
PATIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2018
Great location, amazing place to work, very secure, management is relaxed and you are not micromanaged. Breaks are optional 1 hour or 30 minutes, requested time off is usually approved without problems.
Productive and fun workplace
Healthcare Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2018
This was a great company to work for. I learned a lot from being there. Some of the leadership could use more training. However, overall it was a great place to work and grow.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
leadership training
relaxing
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2018
relaxing place to work, nice staff and building. wanted more money cause living in la is expensive. enjoyed my stay now looking for new work in the city
Pros
relaxing
Cons
busy
confusing
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 7, 2018
My job was to go through prescriptions that would be faxed over. My job was to see if the BC/BS would cover the customers prescription, It was very confusing. the company did not really train well and if I had a question the management would not reply or scold me, it was very stress ful
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross Blue Shield. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Powered by Comparably