Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Nice work environment.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SCApril 19, 2018
Nice work environment but employment is not guaranteed working government contracts. As a result, many good knowledgeable employees have to find employment elsewhere.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Employment on government contracts is unstable.
fast paced environment
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 19, 2018
fast paced work environment, there is room for advancement, however it's all about who you know, and if they 'like' you. This company focuses more on new hires and not improving the work environment for veteran employees
n/a
Service Associate III- Federal Employee Program (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2018
On a typical work day..I work from 6:30am to 3pm. I processes claims my role is to make sure that we have all the documentation from the provider. Once I see if we have we need to process claim I either pay or deny the claim. sometimes I have to send letters to providers to request additional documentation.
Pros
flexible work hours
Team first environment
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2018
It was pleasure being a part of a good team. Our team worked very well together. The experience with a few team members carried over into a long lasting relationship.
A great place to work
Administrative Assistant to VP (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 18, 2018
A great place to work, work from home opportunities, onsite gym, cafe, daycare, health center. Open seating concept for collaboration meetings. Team players
Pros
Work from home
Cons
to far to travel
Great Company - Questionable Management Hierarchy
Staff Accountant Financial Report Administrator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2018
Some areas were managed differently than others. Managers within areas had different opinions of how they wanted to handle work. Things ended up being terribly inequitable.
Wonderful Insurance Company
Lead trainer specialist - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCApril 18, 2018
Blue Cross of N.C. is an exceptional Company to work for. They are very committed to excellent customer service, focusing on a quality experience. It is a very diversified working enviornment, offering educational progams to employees and great benefits.
Hediis
Nurse Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
I really love the work environment at BCBS. The people here are very nice and the work environment is very laid back. I work recommend this employer to anyone that loves a warm friendly environment.
Bcbsnc
Sole Proprietor/Healthcare Industry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2018
BCBSNC does a good job of window dressing but underneath I felt that there were some serious flaws in upper level leadership. It does operate in the "good ole boy" mold internally and that is frustrating. The company could be so mouch more than it is
Good Solid Company
Sr. Application Tech Lead/Managed Care Systems (Former Employee) –  Egan, MNApril 17, 2018
BCBSMN has existed as a not for profit for many years and is a good place to work. Relaxed in comparison to fortune 100 financial service companies. It has challenges working in the BCBS national system.
Pros
Cons
Limitations due to BCBS policy
A real experience
Membership and Billing/Unit Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 17, 2018
It was a very fast paced environment with lots of room for advancement. Not every job is fair, but they are very fair when conflicts arise. Excellent benefits and compensation.
Good
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 15, 2018
Excellent job culture, nice place for professional growth. Very busy days and a lot of things to do but very flexible work environment. Great co-workers.
highly productive,
FRONT END PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 15, 2018
fun place to work, continuous work to do, management fair,
holiday fun programs, people fun to work with,team players.

Employees treated fairly, employees work reviews good,
work place location, very good
Pros
good benefits
Cons
reasonable employee breaks
Its a customer service job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 14, 2018
Its what you would expect. All day on the phone, answering questions, meeting minimum calls per day requirements, keeping up with HIPPA changes and group changes.
Pros
Good job with good benefits
Cons
management
Stressfull
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 14, 2018
Must meet certain sales numbers to keep job, like most places. Very competitive working with the best sales consultants in the company. I have learned health insurance inside out, great knowledge base. The work place culture is fun ; but you better be on your toes. The hardest part of the job is knowing everything about health insurance. The most enjoyable part of the job are the trips you can win.
Pros
Cons
No advancement, salary every low for experienced people.
Short internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 13, 2018
As an intern in the audit department, I handled a lot of sensitive information, but the main task I had was to re-organize a cabinet full of client information, which took about half of my internship (1 month)
Family friendly, good work life balance, flexible hours Great atmosphere
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 12, 2018
Awesome overall stable company with great benefits
Family friendly .
Great management
Well trained
Continuing education opportunities allow you to advance.
Pros
Great morale booster
Cons
Low pay
no review
Enterprise Network and Security Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 12, 2018
I am not ready to provide a review on my previous employer at this time. I would like to take time to reflect on my time with the organization and provide a fair appraisal.
Productive and a fun place to work,
Customer Service Rep/ Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 12, 2018
Typical day at work was busy from start of day to end of day. I learned to multi task, medical terminology, processing of claims. Management was the best. workplace culture was wonderful. Hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of my job was working in the bilingual dept speaking to spanish speaking customers.
Pros
Incentive program at the end of the year
productive place to work
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 12, 2018
A typical day for me was to answer the phone and greeted clients. It was a slow at times except during open enrollment. I learned how to answer more then one phone line. Manager was unfair to others at time.
Cons
The attitudes clients had at time