Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Found 1,191 reviews matching the search See all 1,245 reviews
Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Blue Cross Blue Shield was my second home. I loved working at Blue Cross Blue Shield. I had to leave for personal reasons if I could go back and Blue Cross hire me back full time I would accept the job right away.
Easy work environment
Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 18, 2019
Complete new group health applications and resolved any issues related to enrollments. Management provided training to efficiently perform the daily tasks and team leaders were available for advice regarding work.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Temporary job
I did not like this position. Their tools were outdated, a mainframe software intigrated with desktop software.
Customer support, claims (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJanuary 18, 2019
It was difficult to achieve your goals and service customers using the tools they provided. I felt that customers were short changed when they called in for assistance.
Pros
Recognizable name
Cons
Bad service tools
A lot to do
Facets Senior Configuration Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 17, 2019
Nice coworkers, typical day work with claims and providers issues, system was wired configured, a lot to fix. Very good management. Good claims analyst.
Fun computer job
Billing representative/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Tedious work with high pay , co workers can be bland no personality some departments are by the business book others are fun and work together well but can have high school drama
Pros
High pay
Cons
Boring tendencies
Large company
Lead Accounting Clerk/ CAPDME Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 17, 2019
Very large company. Very structured. Overall, OK place to work, once you get into the job. I enjoyed the job itself, but I didn't feel that management had my back. I had to learn how to work with government agencies.
Pros
some flex in hours, employee programs
Cons
stressful environment
BCBS review
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 17, 2019
A typical day at work includes getting work systems up and ready to work for the day prior to start time and handling whatever task is placed upon me or working on any projects that require additional attention and time. In this position I learned how to multitask better and become more efficient and proficient. Management was fairly accommodating and tried to bring out the best in their team members. Workplace culture did include some discussion of non-work related things but that is any corporate environment. The hardest part of my job was getting frustrated when not knowing how to handle something immediately as I do not like having things lingering or overlooked. I take a very personal responsibility for the work I do. And the most enjoyable part of the job was fostering lifelong relationships with people I met through the company.
Temp job for annual enrolment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Answer calls about their insurance.What the best type of insurance is needed for medicare. Management made it a very stressful job.Enjoyed working with other staff members.
Great company overall
Medicare Advantage population health case manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 16, 2019
Great company to work for. Great diversity with many opportunities for education and development. Benefits of working remotely from home with several divisions.
Poor Managment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 16, 2019
Work Life Balance is advised that it is a big part of blue cross blue shield, unfortunately it does not exist. Poor Management, favoritism, and they do not go by the handbook as advised.
Awesome people
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 16, 2019
I loved everyone I worked with, however I was pregnant and felt like I was going to get in trouble every time I went to the restroom because you are glued to your headset and my bathroom breaks didn't just happen to fall in my small window that was my designated break time.
productive place
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 16, 2019
I worked with Blue Cross Blue Shield as a contractor, i would say that place and people were so friendly, totally friendly environment, i would love to go back there if my team need me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day at work was like any other day. Steady pace, and working with a great team. The managament was good, for the most part. I did not like working under contracts, end too quickly.
Worked for Sr. VP of Medicare and Federal Employee Program
Executive Secretary to VP Government Programs (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 14, 2019
Dealt with a lot of paperwork -- government changes, etc.
Best part was a monthly class on any computer program I wanted help with. Gainsharing was also nice.
Pros
Gainsharing
Cons
Strict dress code
beautiful place to work
Financial processor (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 14, 2019
I loved what I did at this job but my position ended if it had not ended I would still be working for this beautiful company. Blue Cross is the coolest
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Excellent
Great place to work but advancement can be limited
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2019
Definitely a great place to work overall, but advancement can be limited once you are hired in under a certain position. The benefits and perks of the company are really great.
Pros
job security
Cons
limited growth
Summary
Supervisor, Customer Care I (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJanuary 13, 2019
I performed several duties while working for Blue Cross. However, the culture and management style changed during my stay with the company, which motivated me to look for new opportunities.
Typical work day
Associate, EDI Operations I (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2019
typical work day starts at 830. I take calls from providers who is having issues with logging into the web portal. I take calls from providers who is having issues with submitting claims. I also process trading partner agreements from providers to make sure they are able to file claims to medicaid for payment.
Ver creative place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IL 62704January 11, 2019
I really enjoyed every moment I was here. The work environment is very good and the staff are friendly. I was able to carry out my daily tasks without any hassle.
An enjoyable place to work
Software Developer 1 (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 11, 2019
An enjoyable place to work

up until the business transformation took off and there was no work for us to do.

But I can't blame a company for do what best for itself.