Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Found 1,015 reviews matching the search See all 1,068 reviews
Decent work environment
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 20, 2018
Work environment was decent. Pay was not great but that was many years ago. The attendance policy was really strict back then making it very hard for employees with kids.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Pay
This is a very good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with people over the phone. Resolving problems is one of my best characters. This company has great benefits. Your performance is graded on speed, accuracy,and daily calls taken.
Pros
great benefits
Financial Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 19, 2018
I could not ask for a better place to work! They are very much into diversity and inclusion, and have many groups to join to get involved in to feel apart of the team. They have helped me to grow and learn within the company and the benefits are outstanding!
Great company
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 19, 2018
Ok good luck with your search for a new job and I have been trying to get in contact with you about the job and I have been talking to him about it and
Fun and growthfilled environment
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 18, 2018
It is a great environment and it is full of opportunities that are full of new experiences and a place where I and others can enhance and share skills of all kinds.
It's ok.
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 18, 2018
It's all about who you know and not what you know. They rather hire someone outside than train someone inside to advance a career. If they trained to advance it would be better.
Family centered
OGB Claims Adjustment Processor III (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 18, 2018
Would choose BCBDLA again. Great place to work. Flexible hours. Work at home options. Great benefits. Clean and secure building and area. Supervisor always motivated
Good Compensation but Bad Culture
Finance (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 17, 2018
BSC has high turnover due to its negative culture and upper management. This place is so inefficient and change feels nearly impossible. Their compensation and perks are good, but it doesn’t make up for the feeling that you just don’t want to be a part of what they are doing there.
Job Work life Balance
Rework Analyst/Transplant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2018
Excellent company to work for, flexibility! Great company for advancement, Love the fact they have a clinic onsite with PPC doctor, Free Health expo with free flu shots
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits
Laid back
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work. The managers are amazing. Wonderful on giving feedback and making sure you're doing well with everything, The work itself is relatively easy once you get comfortable. Training can indeed scare people due to how much you're taught in the allotted time but it all comes together once you get on the phones with actual members.
Pros
Benefits, food days
Great place to work with an abundance of diversity
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence SCOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of processing credentialing applications and processing claims. This consisted of reviewing policies, speaking with providers on all levels and correcting issues that occurred. It was very detail oriented and fast paced. I enjoyed making customer service call and resolving application issues. What I gained from BCBSSC was a very strong work ethic. I worked hard, but smart. Management had an open door policy which made it easy to resolve any issue.
Culture at BCBSSC was very diverse, it was a friendly atmosphere where respect was one of our core values. The hardest part of the job for me was working on a production basis, not because was difficult, but because I prefer quality over speed. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I loved what I did, talking with providers and processing claims as needed.
Pros
Flex schedule, an abundance of benefits and outside programs
Cons
micro managers
Friendly people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTOctober 15, 2018
Fixed schedule, fixed breaks, general call center environment, very intensive training program to ensure accuracy to members and providers calling in for information.
Pros
Information given to be successful
Cons
Advancement, not much flexibility
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 15, 2018
they could use a lot of training. Managers, some do not abide by most rules. They definitely chose their favorites and if you are not one, your life could be harder.
Great company
Senior Service Advocate Ill (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 15, 2018
Great training
Enthusiastic
Customer service
Quotas
Helping Senior Citizens with their policies
Organized events
Management was very attentive
Room for advancement

*My husband was in the US Navy and we were being transferred, that is why I left.
Great place to work with free coffee, tea, crushed ice and can wear jeans everyday
Special Claims Review Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 15, 2018
A typical day at work is relaxed and intense. I get to greet my co-workers and talk about the previous evening or weekend. There are always changes therefore there are emails that I get with those changes. We are a diversified group. The hardest part of the job is management. Sometimes they are not on one accord. I enjoy the freedom to do my job without being micro managed.
Pros
Free coffee, crushed ice and jeans everyday
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
Experience is Key
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 14, 2018
As an IT Professional, BCBSSC is an ideal place to gain experience and exposure to almost any enterprise technological platform. Positives over negatives are always key.
Stressful/Demanding
Customer Service Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 14, 2018
A typical day at BCBSofMN was a meeting first in the AM.
I learned excellent customer service skills, and how to best meet the customer's complaints in a positive manner. And to own my position.
Management was excellent. They worked hard for their employees to accommodate them in every way possible. As far as, paid to retrain when necessary, or personally sit with you until, you fully understand your job.
The workplace culture was intergraded and very much team oriented.
The hardest part of working for BCBSofMN was keeping up with your assigned workload.
The most enjoyable part of working for BCBSofMN was learning the claims part of the product and assisting every customer that called into the Office.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Excessive work load
Working from home gave me the flexibility I needed as a single mom
CLAIMS EXPERT (Current Employee) –  ChattanoogaOctober 14, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits.. I enjoy the team I work with and supervisors. It’s a great place to grow and have many opportunities. I would highly recommend BlueCross As a place of employment to anyone.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare and constantly changing procedures
Short but sweet
TELEPHONIC ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, flOctober 14, 2018
I enjoyed working there although it was only for a short time. Laid back easy to use system. Good scripting. Everything just pretty much flowed together
Decent pay
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 14, 2018
Decent pay. Chances to advance were few, but occasionally, there were opportunities. Good coworkers. Management was decent. PTO accrual was also better than average.
Pros
Decent pay. Good PTO
Cons
lots of work