Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Great insurance company in Michigian
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 8, 2018
Good collaboration about peers, learned how to liaison with external vendors. Introduction to new tools, established work culture, and great wellness program and incentives.
They do not care!
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 7, 2018
You would think with bcbs being a healthcare insurance company that they would care about their employees as much as they care about making their commercials seem like they care, BUT THEY DON’T. They do not care about the well being of their employees or the well being of their employees families. Employee has a sick family member and the employee has to take a couple days off to care for that sick family member? Nope, fired. Horrible!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Productive and relaxed
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 7, 2018
a typical day at work would be answering all different kinds of member and provider calls.

I learned a lot about health insurance while i was working there

The hardest part of my job was telling member that they do not have health insurance
Very good at helping employees balance work/life
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2018
Amazing place to work. That is why I was there for 20+ years. Chances to advance and learn new skills. Flexible work weeks, a huge plus! Paid time off.
Work
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 6, 2018
That was the most horrible job I worked for. The management was horrible you could never rely on them for help because they were to busy most of the time
Productive and fun workplace
Appeals Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 6, 2018
Flexible, ability to work independently, to be discreet and diplomatic. you can make concise, independent and defensible decisions in often high-pressure situation
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
N/a
great place to work
Health Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILApril 6, 2018
east relaxing day, management respectable to employees, great pay, vacation time, oppurtunities for advancement, café in the building, great co-workers
Hated Temporary
Enrollment Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 6, 2018
I started in 2015 as a temp. It's now 2018 and I'm still a temp. There is no room to advance. You would have to apply outside of the area that you have been taught.
Mundane, low income, stressful work environment
Lead person on a project to distribute Blue Cross (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 6, 2018
Throughout the entire work day, the employee is placed in a cubicle processing claims on the computer. there is very little interaction with your coworkers.
Decent Job
Benefit Value Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
A typical day at BCBS for me consisted of answering phone calls for 7 hours straight. Limited break time in between. Every minute of my day tracked. On a positive note this job was a stretch for me and the open collaboration was enlightening.
Entry level
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 5, 2018
This is a decent position and a good way to get your foot in the door. There does seem to be a rotating door with these positions because people take them in hopes to move into something else.
Very Productive and fun place to work
Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2018
The overall review of my experience with Blue Cross Blue Shield would be I learned a lot from the people there, management is not what I was used to in the regard that they're not very organized at times. The hardest part of the job was the drive. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning so much from so many different angle of health care.
Pros
lunches
Cons
Can be very unorganized at times
Blue Cross
Surfside Beach - Lead (Current Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SCApril 4, 2018
Blue Cross is a great company to work for. They understand the value of home and work life. They strive to keep your training up to date and offer ways to make your work life easier. They focus on team mentality and working together for a common goal.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite, gym
Cons
Short breaks, stressful workloads
Great environment for working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 3, 2018
I was very happy at this company. The work was steady and informative. I liked the company programs as well as it's overall atmosphere. I never intended to leave but unfortunately it was inevitable.
Pros
Company mugs
Cons
I was laid off
Blue Cross was a great place to work when I started working there. They cared for their employees and put them through strenuous training for advancem
Account advisor specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 3, 2018
Blue Cross wanted to down size salaries and tried all kind of tactics. Made working more stressful. Put unreasonable expectations on their employees. No insensitives for job performance. Enstealed in you that you should be glad to have a job. Hired management to get rid of employees. Worse job I had ever had.
Good
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 3, 2018
It was a good place to work overall! I think anyone would be pleased to be part of the BCBS family. The pay is better than most local hospitals for nurses. On top of that, the benefits are really good!
Great Company
Hospital Contracting Representative, (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 3, 2018
BCBSTX is a stable company in a stable industry. You will work long and hard but the reward is a fun atmosphere with the chance of upward mobility in the company.
Pros
stable
Good Comany
Sr. Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 2, 2018
Blue Cross was a good company to work for. The last few years was stressful. When NM took off there was lack of communication and training was not very good. The benefits was excellent and loved the flex time.
Pros
Flex Time Pay was ot bad
Cons
Training not very good.
I enjoyed the work environment
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75082April 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at BCBSTX, working there for 35 years I learned multiple jobs there: including Payroll, Accounts Payable. I really enjoyed the work out facility we had on site.
Great if you can...
CLAIMS ADJUSTMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 2, 2018
Sort through the company contradictions. Great benefits if you are hired in but if you work for a temp agency much much harder. They need computer upgrades to make doing your job easier.