Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

great experience
Provider Customer Service II (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 6, 2018
I enjoyed working form them until they moved us to work from home. I tried it out for little while and then decided it was not for me anymore. Benefits and pay is great, I just couldnt work from home anymore, and stay on the phones 8 hours a day.
Blue Cross is good for the right person
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 5, 2018
BCBS is a very good job for many people. It is not right for everyone. It is a high stress job with emphasis on participation in group activities. It has good benefits and flexible working hours.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benefits
Cons
Highly stressful
My time with BCBS
Sales and Delivery Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 4, 2018
I worked for BCBS for 33 1/2 years and it was an excellent company. I would have continued employment had it not been for the Voluntary Separation package that was offered.
Pros
I had remote access and was allowed to work from home
Good Company but horrible department
Pharmacy PBM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2018
I am a pharmacy pbm specialist. The company overall is pretty good. However, in the department I work in you are just a sitting robot and and micromanaged. When hard things like life happen and you must leave work for the day you are placed on a point system.
Summary
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 4, 2018
I absolutely love working for Blue Cross Blue Shield. If I was not relocating, then I would continue working for them. They truly look in advancing their employees to achieve their goals.
Stressful/Unstable
Claims Processor I (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 3, 2018
The management was horrible. You never know which day would be your day for them to harass you. Environment was extremely unstable you may have to work 10 hr shift one day and the next go home early and have to use your PTO because the system went down. Job security was nonexistent and they treated their employees like numbers. For the experience and to be able to say you work for Blue Cross I would recommend. If you need something stable, stay far far away.
Medical benefit
AZ Medical benefit Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 3, 2018
answer in bound calls for medical professionals, located member information. answered every thing the plan offered.
dealt with different medical terminology.
Very fast paced, but a great workplace.
Senior Marketing/Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 3, 2018
I have no complaints regarding BCBS. I loved it there. I'd definitely recommend a friend to work there.Management was wonderful, the staff was friendly, and the building was clean.
Pros
Great work enviorment
Cons
temporary position
Great Position
Acordia Senior Benefits/Anthem (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2018
Was my first position in the insurance market and I really enjoyed working at this company. Very outgoing group of people.
I learned and was well versed on all senior products.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Far location for employment
Ever changing
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 2, 2018
Blue Cross Blue Shield keeps up with the work culture of healthy and productive work place. Community involvement. Not what you know who you know. Quick paced
Pros
Community Involvement, recognitions
Cons
Promoting, favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAMay 2, 2018
Its a big company so there are a lot of options to change positions or advance within the company. It is fast paced and you must meet production goals.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
repetitive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas. The benefits and pay was great. The atmosphere was great. My supervisors were also great.
Great Employer
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
Great Employer to work for and telecommuter opportunities are there and it is very flexible with that. Lots of career development opportunities and great diversity.
Good to pass the time
District Office Coordinator Contract through Volt (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 2, 2018
There were only a handful of people that were nice and willing to help. I was told when I first started by my supervisor at BC that she liked my work and wanted to move me to another department to put my skills to work. Unfortunately that never happened. I think they tell you what they want to keep you around until your assignment is over. Sorry, just trying to be honest.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Only a handful of people were nice
Fair
Provider Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMay 1, 2018
Good place to work with good benefits and activities for employees. However my department has big work load and it's easy to get you stress. I recommend this company anyway.
Pros
Employee Benefit
Cons
Stressful
1950's Hierarchical Company Resisting Innovation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 1, 2018
Underpaid, "butt in seat" expectation, no support for continued learning or development, advancements based on who you know or sleep with, feel free to stay 40 years if you live nearby and don't mind doing the same thing every day, every year, new blood is not wanted.
Pros
Walking Paths
Cons
Everything Else
Great people, good culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2018
Flexibility, work from home opportunities are great. Training is very extensive and attention to detail on the job is vitally important. Overall good experience.
Good Company
Process Consultant 3 (promotion) (Current Employee) –  RiachardsonMay 1, 2018
- good company,
- good work life balance....
- not much upward movement for many positions...
- Great Culture
- Management not as supportive to career advancement
Pros
Work Life balance
Great Place to work
Customer Care Associate II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 30, 2018
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia was a great place to work. There was opportunities for advancement and lots of opportunity to work overtime. I enjoyed working there.
Nicw environment
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 30, 2018
This was a nice place to work. A lot of perks for employees including an onsite gym. Worse part was the parking, but other than that, overall nice place