Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Great company when I worked at BCBS
Manager/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2018
I was constantly recognized for my work performance. I was receiving promotions and bonus because MGMT valued my work. I am a high producer and I was recognized for it.
Pros
Paid lunch hour
Cons
free health care
Working in a productive area with other contractors
contractor assigning agents to agencies (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 24, 2018
This was a contract job that was just getting started. The supervisor was very personable and detail oriented. We had learned one part of the project and then the supervisor had a better idea. She then explained to a couple of us her better idea. Then my contract was terminated.
Pros
Being adaptable, flexible and willing to learn
Cons
Contract work is not for everyone.
make sure you have a plan
Veteran Representative\Veteran Choice Program (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed my co workers and how well we worked with each other.The job does not have alot of stability unless it is a program that been in place for a while .They gain and loose contracts and with every new position it is a additional test you have to take . Other than getting in the door the problem would be trying to stay in the BCBS family.
productive
medical record /coder (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2018
this was a job i enjoyed getting experience in medical billing and coding. the bad thing it was a pilot job for BSBC. so this job soon ended. but i was able to get more than one year experience.
Very businesslike
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 23, 2018
While I did not care for my immediate supervisor I learned a lot while working here. Gained experience in a business environment and learned what was acceptable and what wasn't going to work.
Pros
cross training
Great at developing team members
Physician/Provider Relations Department (PPRD) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2018
Team members at all levels are encouraged to volunteer in the community and to grow professionally. Leadership values team members at all levels. Team-building encouraged.
Pros
Values teams
Productive work place
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 23, 2018
Learned about the requirement for health insurance within the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Company. Typed up insurance policies that were issued to insureds within North Carolina.
ok, just aaaaiiiight
Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2018
it was just allright. nothing great. another job. not much cohesiveness other than that that is required to get the job done. no special comradery.
Pros
good pay
Cons
vicious environment
Productive place to work
MAR/SOX Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 22, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The company offers great work life balance and offers great benefits. You will love working for Blue Cross Blue Shield for your next career path.
Pros
40 hour weeks
Cons
culture
Customer Advocate II
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 22, 2018
Great health benefit package for employees. Very diverse work place. Management staff was excellent. This job requires sitting for long periods of time at a desk taking back to back phone inquires, the only downside to this position it is not for everyone.
productive workplace
Account Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for BCBS, I recommend anyone to work there, wonderful environment , fun workplace, and wonderful benefits and perks. Wonderful place for retirement
Pros
fun workplace
nice people, with excellent benefits
Claims Advocate II/Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 20, 2018
Has been productive and positive environment. over my 6 years with the company I must say it has very good for me. I actually received 2 promotions. A typical work day is pretty non eventful as long as your work is done and deadlines met. You're not worrying about a manager or supervisor over your shoulder.
ok
FEP Claims Analyst (Remote) (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 20, 2018
Productive work environment. Open door policy, family oriented. I would recommend this outsource company for any seasoned or newbie. Must have an open mind.
Pros
ok
Nice work environment.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SCApril 19, 2018
Nice work environment but employment is not guaranteed working government contracts. As a result, many good knowledgeable employees have to find employment elsewhere.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Employment on government contracts is unstable.
fast paced environment
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 19, 2018
fast paced work environment, there is room for advancement, however it's all about who you know, and if they 'like' you. This company focuses more on new hires and not improving the work environment for veteran employees
n/a
Service Associate III- Federal Employee Program (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2018
On a typical work day..I work from 6:30am to 3pm. I processes claims my role is to make sure that we have all the documentation from the provider. Once I see if we have we need to process claim I either pay or deny the claim. sometimes I have to send letters to providers to request additional documentation.
Pros
flexible work hours
Team first environment
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2018
It was pleasure being a part of a good team. Our team worked very well together. The experience with a few team members carried over into a long lasting relationship.
A great place to work
Administrative Assistant to VP (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 18, 2018
A great place to work, work from home opportunities, onsite gym, cafe, daycare, health center. Open seating concept for collaboration meetings. Team players
Pros
Work from home
Cons
to far to travel
Great Company - Questionable Management Hierarchy
Staff Accountant Financial Report Administrator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2018
Some areas were managed differently than others. Managers within areas had different opinions of how they wanted to handle work. Things ended up being terribly inequitable.
Wonderful Insurance Company
Lead trainer specialist - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCApril 18, 2018
Blue Cross of N.C. is an exceptional Company to work for. They are very committed to excellent customer service, focusing on a quality experience. It is a very diversified working enviornment, offering educational progams to employees and great benefits.