Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City Employee Reviews

Great place
Facilities clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoyed the work dynamic and enjoyed going in everyday. I would have liked to have found a permanent spot with Blue Cross. Good luck if you can get a place there.
Pros
Good people
Worst place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 15, 2018
The daily life of a customer service agent is horrible. The routine was very poorly executed by upper management.......................................
Productive with fun activities throughout the year
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Blue KC. I met and worked with diverse groups of people. Great training offered. Was not thrilled with some actions taken by senior management that made it necessary to offer a retirement buyout package to recoup losses. Was not ready to retire but took the buyout in order to protect my insurance.
Pros
Training, benefits, flex time
Cons
Micro management, seniority not being used for vacation time
On site fitness center and cafe
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 2, 2018
Having a facility on site increases the employee usage and wellness program. There are free fruit infused water stations in the café.
The gourmet chef creates amazing healthy dishes for breakfast and lunch.
Pros
wellness is promoted
Cons
the cafe health food is expensive.
Summary
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 4, 2018
I absolutely love working for Blue Cross Blue Shield. If I was not relocating, then I would continue working for them. They truly look in advancing their employees to achieve their goals.
Nicw environment
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 30, 2018
This was a nice place to work. A lot of perks for employees including an onsite gym. Worse part was the parking, but other than that, overall nice place
Compliance and Resiliency Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 11, 2018
Good place to work, not much advancement or promotion unless you have a someone you know is better than your qualifications.

So who you know vs. Qualifications has always been a factor at this place. A person who is friends with hiring manager will have a better chance on getting a sr. position rather a person who has been doing the job.
Awesome
Customer Service Representative/claims (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 9, 2018
If I didn’t relocate to Florida I would’ve stayed with the company!! BCBS Is an amazing employer. I’m looking for employment within the BCBS family in Florida.
productive and fun place to work
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 11, 2018
Great company with great benefits back in the past. Now, completely different. Employees used to be a name, now they are just a number.. replaced at will for anyone that will work for less.
benefits
Cons
lack of loyalty
Lead Market Research Analyst/CRM (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2018
The workplace culture was fine in the beginning and the management while I was there was supportive of my advancement and learning new skills but the person I reported to was threatened by my ambition and always provided roadblocks. I did all the work while he took credit. Advancement in the company only took place if somebody died, retired or was fired. Hopefully, that culture has changed because besides the guy I reported to I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Lack of career advancement
Great place to work with phenomenal benefits
IT Manager, ERP (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2018
A fast paced and challenging yet rewarding company. Superb benefits. Plenty of advancement opportunities. The hardest part of the job is maintaining effective communication among the leadership team.
Customer services representive
Customer Service Rep/Dedicated rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2018
Great place to work, love the employees, the work culture is laid back, and opportunity is there for advancement , the hardest part of the job is the customer services , the most enjoyable ti she advancement if you work hard enough.
Plenty of benefits
Customer Service (ITS HOST Blue Card) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 27, 2017
Good benefits. The pay is good as well. The culture is good. You can work from home. Depending on your job it may be stressful and long hours. Healthy options.
Pros
Work from home, good pay, good benefits, nice people
Cons
long work hours, stress, controlling QA
Customer Service is not a stepping stone it is a dead end
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 9, 2017
Make sure you network and are white if you want to quickly advance from Operations. In this company your resume is worthless. It is who you know and how you look.

When you can't move up Customer Service becomes mind numbing,stressful and you begin to resent the place. Life is too short.
Benefits
Cons
I think there is a race problem.
fun working and work life balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2017
I enjoyed working on my development projects . Got the chance to work on my ability of the using my technical skills. Got the freedom to use all my skills and learned lot more on deployment process
Great Company with good benefits
Billing and Eligibility Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2017
The benefit package is very nice and most employees are allowed to work from home. The hours are somewhat flexible as well. There are incentives offered at times as well during the year for eligible employees.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Work/life balance
A great company with traditional culture
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2017
Blue Cross is a great company with a more traditional company culture. the company offers the opportunity for growth and advancement if you are a hard worker with a good work ethic.
HEDIS Abstractor (contracted position) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2017
Great place to work. Fridays are casual. Employee cafeteria is very healthy-upchare for snacks like candy, etc. Great restaurants within walking distance. Great family like atmosphere with coworkers! Loved it!
Another job where everyone was like family.
Dental Clms Analyst & Alliance Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Market Street in Downtown St. Louis MissouriJuly 9, 2017
Was a admin clerk for my department, then further in years worked as a Dental Claims Analyst... Enjoyed the people there, like I said all were like family and when they decided to move our claims to Springfield and Cape G. We still kept in touch. Learned the Admin/Clerical/Filing Clerk part of the job and the Claims Analyst portion of the job. We had production which everyone will say can be at times the hardest part of the job but like all the rest of claims jobs we conquered them all. We Had parties for Maternity, Work Picnics/Events just to relieve the stress of any everyday job. Loved all my supervisors and CEO's. And met so many friends.
Cafeteria
KC- Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2017
A typical day at work is assisting customers with questions regarding their healthcare. I have learned that healthcare is very important and very much needed. Workplace culture is very diverse. There is no hard part about my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying my customers and them hanging up with more knowledge about their healthcare than what they knew before calling.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City. Our community is ready to answer.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City Reviews by Location