Blue Harbor Resort Employee Reviews

Decent Work Experience with Nice Management
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 19, 2018
Was a good job entering the work force. Management was fairly well organized and communication between management and the employees was pretty good. Overall a decent place to work.
good
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for blue harbor resort. From the people to the overall environment it was a very positive atmosphere. I would recommend this job to friends.
productive and fun work place
Wedding Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 26, 2018
for handling wedding opportunities for the property.
• Represent the Resort in different bridal shows in Chicago and different cities.
• Responsible for achieving and exceeding the hotel wedding sales revenue goals.
• Provides day-to-day supervision to Wedding Sales associates that are on-property, dependent on the volume of the local social catering business.
• Contracts and closes local wedding and social business, and ensures that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
• Achieves wedding revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Plan and develop Wedding and Events packages.
• Compose and administer contracts and BEOs.
• Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, the satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
Pros
free lunches
fun place
cook (Former Employee) –  sheboygan, wiNovember 11, 2017
was a great place to work made lots of friends. learned different food dishes. Got to eat whatever you wanted to make in back of house. created a few items on menu
Pros
food for back of house free
Cons
na
Buen ambiente
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIAugust 25, 2017
Una buena experiencia laboral que disfrute mucho y me agrado
I love the people but the environment is rough
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIAugust 17, 2017
Left alone lack of management. Expected to to way more then what your paid for. Every department hates rag other and blames the others for the reason issue happen
Pros
Descent pay nice people
Cons
Bad insurance breaks time off weekends
A typical day at work
HOUSE KEEPER (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIAugust 16, 2017
I got there every morning, got my list of rooms, got my cart ready. I would then pick up or do a full clean up, make beds, clean ovens, and my the condo in nice good clean shape. Then its ready for the new renters for the week or weekend to move in.
Pros
Most of the time I got to work with only one person which made things get done right everytime
Cons
You sometimes have to go help other people finish their rooms cause they take their time
Fun place to work great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 21, 2017
Great people to work with.
Very good food
Very flexible with when you can work
Management are very helpful when you need it the most
Very good pay.
Very articulate work
Banquet Set-up (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 30, 2016
Overall work was fun there, the hours were steady, and the people were great to work with. I enjoyed the company with my other fellow employees. And working with so many different people in the industry was great. Meeting new people every day, and sometimes bumping into people you haven't seen in quite sometime was such a true blessing.
Pros
Free meals after the guest were served
Cons
Sometimes very long hours.
Worst place I've worked.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 21, 2016
Terribly disorganized management, ridiculous scheduling, and received some inappropriate comments regarding me being pregnant while working there from lower management.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Disorganized management, inflexible scheduling, unprofessional lower management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 18, 2016
I really liked the job itself. I liked how we got to work along with some other person. That makes the cleaning go by faster. My co-workers were awesome. They were kind and helpful. The hardest part of the job is cleaning and then being called by the supervisor to do something else. The required time to clean a room, we get marked if we go passed the time. It's just hard to clean a room within' a certain time but still have to do another thing with it.
Pros
Fun and very productive.
Cons
time- management
its a job, but nothing more
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 22, 2015
Poor management in most areas. Lack of training and consideration for the individual employee. Rumors and back stabing rampant. Very little room for advancement, poor pay, Pay increases few and miniscule . Very frequent employee turn over.
Pros
Occassional soup for liunch. Ingredients of unknown origin
Cons
Many mistakes in payroll, HR does not stand behind its employees
Great place for summer employment
Banquet Set-up (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 10, 2015
Trained quick great crew to work with. The hours vary quite a bit which is expected. Management is pretty easy to work with and they understood my schedule.
Leaded the housekeeping team
Lead Caption (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work was getting the boards ready for the housekeepers, and scheduling a specific time the rooms need to be done at.
life guard
life guard (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 9, 2014
My favorite job to date. Loved interacting with the guests.
Great Job
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 25, 2014
I love working there. I do not have the feeling that I have someone looking over my shoulder to point out things that are not perfect. My coworkers are fun and we all get along great and there is not a lot of drama like there are in some work places.
Stressful environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 28, 2013
By far the worst place I have ever worked for. Very disorganized and management were all mean. Typical day was cleaning up after the crew before me and throwing food away that was left out or not labeled and in the wrong place as far as fish, meat shelving placement. Co-workers all had something to prove, it was like competition against one another. Hardest part of the job was getting along with everyone. The most enjoyable part was making our own lunches.
Pros
free food
Cons
No breaks, co-workers were the worst to work with
Very nice place to work
Banquet Server (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 14, 2013
Very nice company and very understanding people work there.
It was a great learning experience for my first job
Aqua Chef (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 23, 2013
Typical days at work was washing dishes, making sure the dishpit was clean, sweep the floors, and take out the garbage after each shift. I loved working with my co-workers. They made it really easy to talk and communicate with them. Management was always solid on handling any problems during my shifts. Hardest part of the job was working in the summer in a hot kitchen, but was obviously doable. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the line cooks make pizza/sandwiches if they needed assistance.
Lifeguarding
Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIApril 7, 2013
:i had to make sure everyone was obeying the rules for safety reasons. I also got certified for CPR and other life saving techniques. There was not a lot of interaction with co-workers and management. However, when I worked there, I was quite content with the people whom worked there. The hardest part was keeping an eye out for distressed swimmers. The best part was the different types of activities and professional relationships.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Harbor Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about