Blue Harbor Senior Living Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Great Employer
Nurse (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 18, 2018
It’s very simple, Fulfill the expectations of your position and love the residents. You will be treated fairly, paid fairly, given opportunities for growth and advancement, etc. Great company.
Wouldn’t do it again
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJune 13, 2018
My experience was negative. Over the course of my employment, I never felt any support from the home office. Poor communication, no training offerred and regionals that were unsupportive and could not offer support or guidance to the employees at the community level.
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
Everything... too many to list
So happy I joined the team!!
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 25, 2018
I recently joined a fairly new management team that I can tell really have the Residents health and livelihood as a top priority. And the recently renovated building is absolutely gorgeous!! I love what I do and all the residents and co-workers I get to work with everyday. I finally enjoy going to work everyday. I am proud to be part of the team!
Pros
Position, Pay, Location, Management, Benefits, Environment
Cons
Wish I lived a little closer, but well worth the drive
Blue Harber is an unorganized place and do not treat there employees fair
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2018
Working there is stressful and not good for a person help they will not work around your schedule for school or any other job a person might have.They do not pay fair and their unorganized and unsanitary always short of staff there are a lot a lazy management and employees
Pros
Free lunch and good breaks
Cons
Unorganized and unsanitary
Would not recommend
Server and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTMay 14, 2018
The job was alright, It's taking peoples orders and doing dishes, but the kitchen was often poorly staffed, which caused your workload to skyrocket, During a typical day I would say that it would be necessary to have at minimum 6 people show up to serve and cook over a hundred people but most of time there would be about 3-5 people and sometimes 2, which quickly became overwhelming and you were no where near compensated fairly
Pros
Free food, fun people to work with
Cons
Nobody showed up, Management was always micromanaging
The housekeeping department is in total disarray
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2018
The housekeeping manager has EVERYTHING in disarray. The Ombudsmen are ALWAYS in that facility citing them for dirty, severely unkempt conditions. They are currently under a 30 day provisional license. It's awful DO NOT leave your parents here!
Pros
On the busline
Cons
The housekeeping department is a complete joke
Kitchen staff great to work with
Server (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTApril 22, 2018
I worked in the kitchen as a server for the residents and had fun working with my coworkers until management switched over. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance school and work. Work meetings were always scheduled during school hours. Overall, the staff and residents were very fun to work with. I enjoyed being able to work with all the different personalities in the kitchen and dining room.
challenging but mostly fun
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMarch 26, 2018
Lots of walking
Timely answer resident calls
provide efficient bathing assistance
use technology to answer calls
get assistance from other staff to take care of bariatric residents
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 14, 2018
Working for blue harbor was an experience.i love working with the elderly and also patients with demtia.my experience makes it more worth working with the elderly.
Pros
Working with elderly
Cons
Not enough help
love working with the residents
Med Tech/CNA and Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJanuary 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with the residents and helping with their daily needs. I enjoyed helping with the activities. The ability to move up in the company is very competitive.
Pros
Flexable hours
different
Blue Harbor Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Warner, NHJanuary 6, 2018
Daily life at PRM can be difficult and rewarding. They definitely need to come to this century with care products and technology. They need to invest in busy tables/stations for the wandering residents who are not involved in activities. 40 +bored residents is a big problem.
Pros
long term staff is understanding and compassionate
Cons
finding the right staff fit for our residents is difficult
Find something else
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 2, 2017
Management not aware of state regulations regarding memory care and keeping people who are not MC but AL behind locked doors. I worked there briefly and saw photos sent to the previous person in my position from family members regarding lack of care. Not enough nurses or care givers on staff. If you have a love for seniors this is not the place for you... run.
Pros
The best in senior living
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Bountiful UtahNovember 16, 2017
I have worked for many different (large and small) organizations that offer services to Seniors. Blue Harbor has their heart in the right place, caring for seniors above and beyond all else! Other places are money hungry, cut corners, and don't put residents/patients first. BH cares about employee satisfaction and resident health...I am lucky to have found this organization and have the support needed to grow professionally. Don't work to put money back in the pockets of big business, work for the love and passion of seniors...AND make the money you deserve. If you join Blue Harbor you will never go back to the other companies!
Pros
job satisfaction, management, corporate support, team members, growth opportunity and ability to make change
Cons
nothing, compared to other organizations I have worked for
Stay Away
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CANovember 3, 2017
Activity or Activities Director is a dreadful job at any facility and ultimately bad for one's health....this particular facility is probably worse than most as you must do the work of 7 people in one position. Ultimately STAY AWAY
Pros
some creativity in design of programs
Cons
everything else
Not a good place to work at
Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2017
I used to work for them through Arch Staffing. I basically go into it with a female there. The whole kitchen staff there lied on me and said that I attacked her and I didn't. The whole working environment was very unprofessional!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unprofessional
nice place for seniors
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2017
very long I learned how to deal with people who have mental illness very fast the hardest part is when the seniors forget and become verbally and sometimes physically abusive trying to calm them down the best part of the day would be seeing them happy
Pros
free food
Cons
bad management
I do like working at Blue Harbor Senior Living.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  CNAOctober 11, 2017
I'm leaving my job becuase I want to do something challenge myself.

I have been working there over 2+ year. I have a lot of experience to take care of Seniors.
Media, Pa location not up to the standards
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Media, PASeptember 23, 2017
Totally disappointed with the upper management of the Media, Pa location. Unfortunately the Executive Director and the Assistant Executive Director are related and if they want you out of the building, then they will fired for no reason. I have seen this happen over 8 times with both part-time and full-time employees. Blue Harbor needs to replace both of them. They bring morale down all of their time and they are two-faced to the residents and their families. If I didn't need this job, I would have left long ago.
Pros
Non-management co-workers, residents, benefits
Cons
Upper Management at Media location, work/life balance
The worst place ive ever worked
Resident assistant (Current Employee) –  Warner, NHSeptember 13, 2017
I would never ever tell anyone to bring their relative to this facility and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wanted to work there. The management only cares about money and getting residents in they don't care about the well being of the employee. Also the nurses are not helpful they're always rude and when you do ask for help they act like you're too needy.
Pros
My residents
Cons
I liked the residents and my job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  OkcAugust 28, 2017
Never received job reviews. Wages were based personal relationships between management and employee. A lot of gossip perpetuated by management. Negative talk about residents by staff. Dirty kitchen. Maintanance man wouldn't answer after hours calls .
Some staff dressed unprofessionally.
Well to do resident, was treated better and their request were met immediately than poor ones.
I found a lot of collusion between management regarding issues including lying
Pros
Liked shift. Hours and 401 k advantage
Cons
Required 30 min break, no relief person on my shift, lost money, HR personnel needed training on how to listen