Blue Harbor Senior Living Employee Reviews

want to be 2 nurses then this is the place to be
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 16, 2019
only thing positive was pay..one of best for the area. However, if you want to do job of 2 then this is the place. Even worse Nothing is organized and if ask supervisor she says lets see..then does absolutely nothing. No pharmacy delivery on weekends..what company signs up with a RX like this!! Been LPN 34 yrs and never worked in a facility where no deliveries on weekends. Supervisor will tell you its not that hard of a job but if she has to work the floor she is off the next day lol..If you want to be so tired you cant sleep then this is the place..never again..
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
not a good place to work
RCA (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2019
the management is horrible some of the staff are unprofessional i dont like some of the things that go on in the building .the management has their picks who get overtime
Beware of Corporate
Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 5, 2019
While the individual location was adequate, the corporate "support" was cut throat and vindictive.
While the expectation for high census was "a given," there was little to no support of the staff. The world of senior care is a difficult one to work in but is one that can give great personal satisfaction. The problem with Blue Harbor is that the corporate level manages to suck the joy out of it.
Pros
Personal satifaction
Cons
It is a 24/7 job
New managment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  UtahDecember 29, 2018
The company is under new management and still working on establishing a new culture. There has been some challenges as employees, patients and patients' families are adjusting to changes.
I would not recommend this job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood heights, utahNovember 24, 2018
Back breaking job. They had residents there that need to be in skilled nursing. They only worried about the money. I worked one night shift and by the end of shift I told the person training me I will not be back. The pay was low 18 years of CNA experience they offered me $11.00 an hour. I only excepted job because it was close to my house. Not worth applying.
Pros
Lucky enough to get one bathroom break
Cons
No breaks, high turnover, med tech don't want to help CNA on the floors
Great work environment for those who love seniors
Community Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTNovember 11, 2018
Great environment to make a difference in the life of seniors. If you work hard and are determined to make improvements, you can make a difference. It is a rewarding job.
Poor place to work
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 10, 2018
I have worked in the health field for over 30 years and never was I treated worse than at Desert Flower. The corporate people are out of touch and only want to fill beds. They are shallow and self oriented to the needs of others let alone the residents.
Pros
The residents
Cons
No teamwork everyone for them self and no respect from corporate managers
Not a good place to work and stay
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PennsylvaniaNovember 5, 2018
Was the worst with poor management. They dont follow their own policies in the employee handbook . I was terminated because I reported nepotism and that's not allowed. Got treated very bad and unfair is going to speak to a attorney on unfair treatment but do not want job back enough said
Cons
No team work.
Very engaging work environment
HR Payroll/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 29, 2018
I enjoyed my time working with the staff at Blue Harbor Senior Living. During my time with the company I gained additional payroll experience processing semi-weekly payroll for multiple states (UT, TX, LA and OK) that I can utilize going forth in my career.
Pros
Very cohesive work environment. Great work, life, balance experience
Cons
N/a
Terrible
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTOctober 28, 2018
TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT.... Every thing is about them. they dont do raises, and when you go to them to try and do reviews for a raise they tell you its not time for one yet. Hours are ridiculous. they pick what hours you work and most of the time it doesnt work if you have family..

RESIDENTS... you do get attached because you grow to love them because of how they are treated. you grow a soft place in your heart with the love and kindness you recieve from them.

CO-WORKERS..... WATCH YOUR BACK....
Pros
the care and love that you recieve is worth it all
Cons
management

Want to know more about Blue Harbor Senior Living?

Ask a question
Poor place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAOctober 26, 2018
Nurses are rude, no one gives consumers the amount of care they should get. Poor pay rates; place should be known as nursing home as there is only about 3-5 people who are able to care for themselves.
Pros
Sweet residents
Cons
Horrible employee treatment
loved working with disabled people
Transportation Director (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 25, 2018
I was in charge of getting clients to their appointments, scheduling, trips. I learned a lot of time management, working with different disabilities on a case by case situation. I learned a lot about caring for those who couldn't care for themselves. I enjoyed keeping clients calm and in the loop of what was going on each day because they said nobody else would tell them. The hardest part of the job was finding workers who honestly cared about the patients and their disabilities.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
very young manager who voiced her opinion about not liking elderly
I work at Posados Cafe
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Shreveport laSeptember 25, 2018
I am a great dishwasher and kitchen worker. I have been working as a dishwasher by 10 years. And I am a great cook too. So I feel like I am a great fit for your company
Very understanding company to work for
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 7, 2018
I loved the residents and atmosphere at this company. I loved the felxability and understanding from the company that I got while I worked there. The opportunity to advance and pay were decent. But due to schedule and hours from short staff this became an obstacle. I would work for this company again.
Pros
Hours, pay, and flexibility
Cons
Short staffed and management
Terrible location within a great company
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Media, PAJuly 25, 2018
Terrible location within a great company. The Executive Director has been their so long, that there needs to be some new blood in charge of the community. The residents and families are great, the community needs some updating. Blue Harbor I has blinders on when it comes to the Media location. Hopefully the new community in West Chester has more prep and better management.
Pros
Residents, Families, co-workers
Cons
Upper Management (Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director)
Fantastic company
Regional Dining Services Director (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 18, 2018
While some of the communities struggled due to Executive Director Leadership, the overall company was a fantastic experience and opportunity. Lots of support offered on all levels though some struggled to ask for help. Tana Gall (CEO) is one of the best leaders I've had the privilege to work for.
Productive, active and fun workplace
Resident Assistant (Care Giver) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 12, 2018
Its a big facility to work with. They has a lots of staff. Management helps out on the floor when short on staff or calls in. Lots of activity and outings.
Cons
Have to pay $2 for meals
blue harbor work environment
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 25, 2018
blue harbor was a good first company to work for, but i wanted to pursue something different and try a new kind of energy and work environment, i would recommend it.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
hard to keep up with things
Great Employer
Nurse (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 18, 2018
It’s very simple, Fulfill the expectations of your position and love the residents. You will be treated fairly, paid fairly, given opportunities for growth and advancement, etc. Great company.
not a good place to work
Med Tech/CNA (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJune 14, 2018
this has awful management they keep changing schedules once you get used to one. there is a click with the upper management and if your not in then they treat you very poor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Harbor Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7