Blue Harbor Senior Living Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
loved working with disabled people
Transportation Director (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 25, 2018
I was in charge of getting clients to their appointments, scheduling, trips. I learned a lot of time management, working with different disabilities on a case by case situation. I learned a lot about caring for those who couldn't care for themselves. I enjoyed keeping clients calm and in the loop of what was going on each day because they said nobody else would tell them. The hardest part of the job was finding workers who honestly cared about the patients and their disabilities.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
very young manager who voiced her opinion about not liking elderly
I work at Posados Cafe
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Shreveport laSeptember 25, 2018
I am a great dishwasher and kitchen worker. I have been working as a dishwasher by 10 years. And I am a great cook too. So I feel like I am a great fit for your company
Very understanding company to work for
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 7, 2018
I loved the residents and atmosphere at this company. I loved the felxability and understanding from the company that I got while I worked there. The opportunity to advance and pay were decent. But due to schedule and hours from short staff this became an obstacle. I would work for this company again.
Pros
Hours, pay, and flexibility
Cons
Short staffed and management
Terrible location within a great company
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Media, PAJuly 25, 2018
Terrible location within a great company. The Executive Director has been their so long, that there needs to be some new blood in charge of the community. The residents and families are great, the community needs some updating. Blue Harbor I has blinders on when it comes to the Media location. Hopefully the new community in West Chester has more prep and better management.
Pros
Residents, Families, co-workers
Cons
Upper Management (Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director)
Fantastic company
Regional Dining Services Director (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 18, 2018
While some of the communities struggled due to Executive Director Leadership, the overall company was a fantastic experience and opportunity. Lots of support offered on all levels though some struggled to ask for help. Tana Gall (CEO) is one of the best leaders I've had the privilege to work for.
Productive, active and fun workplace
Resident Assistant (Care Giver) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 12, 2018
Its a big facility to work with. They has a lots of staff. Management helps out on the floor when short on staff or calls in. Lots of activity and outings.
Cons
Have to pay $2 for meals
blue harbor work environment
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 25, 2018
blue harbor was a good first company to work for, but i wanted to pursue something different and try a new kind of energy and work environment, i would recommend it.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
hard to keep up with things
Great Employer
Nurse (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 18, 2018
It’s very simple, Fulfill the expectations of your position and love the residents. You will be treated fairly, paid fairly, given opportunities for growth and advancement, etc. Great company.
Wouldn’t do it again
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJune 13, 2018
My experience was negative. Over the course of my employment, I never felt any support from the home office. Poor communication, no training offerred and regionals that were unsupportive and could not offer support or guidance to the employees at the community level.
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
Everything... too many to list
So happy I joined the team!!
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 25, 2018
I recently joined a fairly new management team that I can tell really have the Residents health and livelihood as a top priority. And the recently renovated building is absolutely gorgeous!! I love what I do and all the residents and co-workers I get to work with everyday. I finally enjoy going to work everyday. I am proud to be part of the team!
Pros
Position, Pay, Location, Management, Benefits, Environment
Cons
Wish I lived a little closer, but well worth the drive
Blue Harber is an unorganized place and do not treat there employees fair
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2018
Working there is stressful and not good for a person help they will not work around your schedule for school or any other job a person might have.They do not pay fair and their unorganized and unsanitary always short of staff there are a lot a lazy management and employees
Pros
Free lunch and good breaks
Cons
Unorganized and unsanitary
Would not recommend
Server and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTMay 14, 2018
The job was alright, It's taking peoples orders and doing dishes, but the kitchen was often poorly staffed, which caused your workload to skyrocket, During a typical day I would say that it would be necessary to have at minimum 6 people show up to serve and cook over a hundred people but most of time there would be about 3-5 people and sometimes 2, which quickly became overwhelming and you were no where near compensated fairly
Pros
Free food, fun people to work with
Cons
Nobody showed up, Management was always micromanaging
The housekeeping department is in total disarray
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2018
The housekeeping manager has EVERYTHING in disarray. The Ombudsmen are ALWAYS in that facility citing them for dirty, severely unkempt conditions. They are currently under a 30 day provisional license. It's awful DO NOT leave your parents here!
Pros
On the busline
Cons
The housekeeping department is a complete joke
Kitchen staff great to work with
Server (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTApril 22, 2018
I worked in the kitchen as a server for the residents and had fun working with my coworkers until management switched over. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance school and work. Work meetings were always scheduled during school hours. Overall, the staff and residents were very fun to work with. I enjoyed being able to work with all the different personalities in the kitchen and dining room.
challenging but mostly fun
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMarch 26, 2018
Lots of walking
Timely answer resident calls
provide efficient bathing assistance
use technology to answer calls
get assistance from other staff to take care of bariatric residents
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 14, 2018
Working for blue harbor was an experience.i love working with the elderly and also patients with demtia.my experience makes it more worth working with the elderly.
Pros
Working with elderly
Cons
Not enough help
love working with the residents
Med Tech/CNA and Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJanuary 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with the residents and helping with their daily needs. I enjoyed helping with the activities. The ability to move up in the company is very competitive.
Pros
Flexable hours
different
Blue Harbor Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Warner, NHJanuary 6, 2018
Daily life at PRM can be difficult and rewarding. They definitely need to come to this century with care products and technology. They need to invest in busy tables/stations for the wandering residents who are not involved in activities. 40 +bored residents is a big problem.
Pros
long term staff is understanding and compassionate
Cons
finding the right staff fit for our residents is difficult
Find something else
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 2, 2017
Management not aware of state regulations regarding memory care and keeping people who are not MC but AL behind locked doors. I worked there briefly and saw photos sent to the previous person in my position from family members regarding lack of care. Not enough nurses or care givers on staff. If you have a love for seniors this is not the place for you... run.
Pros
The best in senior living
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Bountiful UtahNovember 16, 2017
I have worked for many different (large and small) organizations that offer services to Seniors. Blue Harbor has their heart in the right place, caring for seniors above and beyond all else! Other places are money hungry, cut corners, and don't put residents/patients first. BH cares about employee satisfaction and resident health...I am lucky to have found this organization and have the support needed to grow professionally. Don't work to put money back in the pockets of big business, work for the love and passion of seniors...AND make the money you deserve. If you join Blue Harbor you will never go back to the other companies!
Pros
job satisfaction, management, corporate support, team members, growth opportunity and ability to make change
Cons
nothing, compared to other organizations I have worked for