Blue Line Distribution Employee Reviews

Heavy trucks, no help, miserable management
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 2, 2019
Loads keep getting heavier, usually near max weight (too often over weight on at least one set of axles). All management cares about is the number of cases per hour that you get off the truck. Management constantly watches you on the computer and nitpicks every minute of your day. No appreciation EVER for the back-breaking work, but discipline and cutdowns behind your back every time you fall short of their impossible metrics. Do yourself a favor and run fast from this place.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
You will break your body down for this pay.
Hard work, great pay
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 24, 2019
The work is hard, but so is every other Foodservice job. I made 75k my first year here. I started out at 24.97 an hour and now I make 26.30 an hour after 1 year and 4 months. We only work 4 days a week. Some routes have one layover and 2 locals, and some routes are 2 layovers. You will sleep in the truck a maximum of 2 days a week. You don't have to kill yourself here. The target cases per hour rate is 160, which is a very relaxed pace. We use liftgates and electric pallet jacks to get the pallets off of the trucks before we cart the product into the stores, rather than ramp trailers. After you reach top pay, which is a very high hourly rate, you still get a 3% cost of living raise every year. If you want a route with low hours or you want to kill yourself to get home as early as possible on local routes and you only work 40 hours a week, you won't make much here. If you choose a route that gets at least 45 hours a week and you take care of your body, you will make great money here. Everything at the warehouse I work at is leased through ryder and well maintained. The work environment is pretty relaxed as long as you do a good job. We don't have appointment times for each store. You have a set amount of stores that you need to finish on the first day of your layover, or obviously all of the stores on a local.
Pros
Per diem, high hourly rates, keeps you healthy
Cons
Hard work, night shift
Pays ok but not worth driving 4-5hrs just to get to ur 1st stop. Then have to unload the truck by yourself overnight.
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2018
Not scared of hard labor, but when you drive 3-5 hrs just to get to your first stop at night by yourself is kind of stressful after a while. I feel like if you doin overnighter you should get paid more. I dnt care about seniority.. that’s too much on one person. And overnighters get $40 Perdiem per night.
Pros
Pay is hourly and your goin to get your hours
Cons
Hard labor by yourself at night. Long drives just to get to your 1st stop
Beware.
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Logan TWPAugust 10, 2018
By far,worst place i've ever worked. As a manager, there was no work/life balance. Eight hour days became ten hours and that became around the clock. If you are in Transportation, run. Run fast. This is not a good situation.
Pros
Cons
work/life balance, stress
Wonderful family company
Pizza Pizza (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 27, 2018
I love working for a company with strong brand recognition and positive customer reviews! The days are hard and long, but we are rewarded and appreciated.

We are a resourceful company who continually looks to improve, do better, learn from the industry data and increase our customer satisfaction!

Blue Line and Little Caesars do what it takes, every day, to make the lives of their colleagues and customers easier!

Great work life balance, great benefits, great culture! Wonderful opportunities to learn more and challenge yourself!!!

And who doesn't love pizza?
Pros
Great people and culture, fair pay, great benefits, strong work life balance.
Cons
Slower processes than most companies this size.
Hands down the hardest work i have done ever and i worked in the woods and construction for years
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 11, 2018
This company is for people who dont mind working WAY harder than need be and who dont mind driving for hours before ya start working your butt off. Every box on the truck came off ramp and dolly and then had to rotate stock in certain stores. Every route needs to be a team route. Doing what they ask as a solo is ridiculous.
Pros
None.
Cons
Long list.
Great place to work. Great pay and benefits with 15 paid. Days off a year.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 6, 2018
I worked for several years. When I left I had 5 weeks of vacation a year. I would highly recommended them. If I lived in the area again I would definitely reapply.
Pros
Time off and great pay
Cons
A lot of work but it is worth the pay.
Decent job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 22, 2018
Hard work and very good pay. Fast paced. Management is very good. They're former drivers which was a plus with me. As a new driver , I was placed directly into a route.
Pros
Great pay. Insurance and equipment
Cons
Very physical work
Unorganized, Long work hours, poor management, lack of teamwork
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
Work schedule is not good, Sun-Thurs. Work inside a very small warehouse facility that’s crammed tight with minimal room to operate. Very under staffed in warehouse, need more warehouse workers instead of office personnel. (11 office employees - 7 warehouse workers) Warehouse workers consistently miss work days, come in late and complain allot. Drivers give stores too much product or deliver it to the wrong store and blame the warehouse for their mistakes. Work hours are long and workload is heavy. Managment is VERY poor, do not communicate with employees, change work operations often without even considering thoughts from warehouse workers. In fact, management is the biggest problem at this location. Lack correlation, very inept and etc. STAY AWAY FROM THIS LOCATION. Management is not good at all! Just a headache
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Short lunch, heavy workload everyday, long work hours, bad work schedule
long hours, lack of staff, poor supervisor &upper staff management
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
Employees call in almost daily, supervisors have a poor lack of correlation. Great benefits, long dreadful hours, heavy duty work on a daily basis. Not the place to work if you have a family and small children.
Pros
Occasional free luncheons
Cons
short breaks, long work hours, heavy duty work as a sole employee
Decent place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2017
Good pay steady hours but it is second shift work. And it's hard to do with a family. But over all is a good place to work the work is hard but you are compensated with pay and vacation.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Second shift
Productive and Professional Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Blue line distribution is a very busy and fun place to work. Keeps you busy through out the day. I really enjoyed coming into work. Unfortunately, there isn't room for growth there so i decided to resign and explore my options else where.
Pros
luncheons, nice supervisors.
Cons
Wasn't a fan of the director. No room for growth
Na
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 28, 2015
Blue Line Distribution is the warehouse for all of Little Ceasers stores. Compared to other warehouse, its a small environment.
Fast paced, warehousing work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILJanuary 14, 2015
A day of work would consist of picking and pulling orders,, loading and unloading trucks with product according to wok sheets. The most enjoyable part were the people I worked with. Even though we worked 12, sometimes 14 hours, it was worth being with the work family.
One of my favorite jobs
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2013
I like the responsibilities of lead man and the challenges that I overcame. I think I earned the respect of co-workers through my abilities to perform my job.
great place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 18, 2013
receiving product stocking product to correct locations and loading 18 wheel trucks with product to be sent out.
Pros
good pay
Cons
favortism amongst employees