Play YouTube video button

Blue Raven Solar Employee Reviews

United States184 reviews
Featured review
Blue Raven Solar selected this as a representative review
Blue Raven Solar is far and away the most welcoming, supportive, and all-around rewarding company I have ever had the pleasure of working for. I had no idea occupational training and meetings could be so enjoyable. Each and every Blue Raven employee I have met has been nothing short of delightful. You'd be hard pressed to find another company that offers the flexibility AND compensation to match Blue Raven Solar. It's just a fantastic place to work.
Marketing states that solar is FREE so that when you get there, the expectation is that it is all FREE. Overcoming that was impossible for me. Numerous times, they send you to a client who is NOT on the utility that they work with! Several times, I showed up only to find out that they had called the day before to cancel - no one thought that might be useful to know BEFORE I drove over an hour to get to the appointment!
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Only pay commission, They don't pay for mileage or gas, They NEVER apologize for messing up!
Sense of entitlement and unprofessionalism all the way from the very beginning. 100's of better solar companies out there. These people are most likely paying for reviews and are immoral. I can only speak about the recruiters, HR and managers in the Texas region.
Cons
beyond sensitive and incompetent, mismanagement, no accountability
... because you're pretty much your own boss as an appointment setter (solar power consultant). You're in charge of your own income, the more you work the more you make. There are preferred work times within a day. As you work more hours and your efficiency increases you're going to make nice money. You can even work seven days a week if you like. There is no boss breathing down your neck, unless you're just cruising.
This job is psychologically challenging though, because there are days where you will not be able to set an appointment. That will affect your commission based income portion.

There are regular competitions and the prices the company shells out are fabulous!
Pros
work life balance is great
Cons
direct management changes a lot and is of more or less caliper
This is literally the least fulfilling and unprofessional place to be in the workforce. Manager is disrespectful and creepy towards the girls that work there, and the men all act like high school students. Pay is only good if you get commissions, but they will fire you if you go too long without them.
Pros
Ping pong table
Cons
Literally everything else
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Company is great. You will travel a lot and salary is strictly based off what you can sell but it is worth it in the end with a residual program. Great .
Loved my coworkers, but the communication between departments was terrible, which led to a lot of miscommunication and frustration between departments. Expectations were unrealistic and very hard to meet. They give too much for one person to accomplish and then expect perfection. In all, Management doesn’t effectively set employees up for success.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management isn’t the best
Solid company with a growing solar market! You will succeed if you are 100% committed to the sales process and if you have a strong sales acumen. There are a lot of moving parts in the sales process but the operations team does a great job on the back end. This is what you make of it; if you treat this job as your own business and cultivate leads and business on your own and not just rely on the company leads, you will succeed 100%.

A con is that I do believe there's a little too much overhead. We need to be a bit more competitive on price compared to other installers. Being $1/watt higher than most competitors puts us at a vast disadvantage.
Management is terrible. This company was fine to work with until new management came in. Never had someone as a manager that doesn't have a clue on whats going on or was asking me questions on how to do things. you'll feel like you have to figure everything out on your own because management deflects any question asked and doesn't know the answer to. You won't get a response from him in hours sometimes or you'll be making calls to the office and then they'll tell you to call your regional manager first but is also clueless and was the one who told you to call the office.
Expect to figure things out on your own all the time and do some of the regional managers job duties if you are a crew lead here basically. As well as working with people who never worked in construction and have no type of skills related to the job.
Worst solar company I’ve ever worked for. No communication between departments, everything is micromanaged by one individual even though it’s not his job. Gets away with it because he’s best friends with the CEO. Company DOES NOT want problem solvers or thinkers. They want scape goats and falls guys. They cheat your pay regardless of contracts, drop at the first sign of resistance. Short time with them and notice that every other week I was working with new people. Extremely high turn over rate. DO NOT work for them.
Great management! A lot of opportunity for growth within the company and self development. Helps with face-to-face interaction skills and keeps employees very motivated to work.
It's a great company within a great industry. And like most things, you get out of it what you put into it. There might be a learning curve for some at the start, but the staff are right there to help.
The Blue Raven Solar company is second to none in terms of employee support and compensation. The Raleigh office has two of the most supporting regional and district managers in the nation. These people will work tirelessly to ensure you as an employee have EVERYthing you need for success.

As with anything worthwile, results won't just fall in your lap. But, if you make an effort, listen to the approach and implement it, and use their advice you will see success. Success here is no doubt the most appealing aspect of this position. For me, thats been the flexibility and compensation. How does a 20 hour workweek for $100/hour sound? Yeah, I didn't believe it either until I saw that direct deposit.
I love working at Blue Raven Solar. They have such a fun way of covering company meetings and work parties. I have learned a lot from the 3 months I have been here and plan to carry it on for my future whether that be with Blue Raven or not. I'd say the hardest part of my job is dealing with other departments' rowdiness.
Blue Raven Solar is a company driven by its values, which are not only important at work, but in life. They provide Solar Power to help homeowners, and give back to the community through a grant to provide clean water for people with every completed installation. There's a break room with food and treats, and ping-pong, shuffle board and corn hole for a break from work during the day. This place does lots of events for employees like bringing in lunch for everyone (Pizza!) and other fun activities pretty often. Benefits are fairly new and still improving. People are often switching departments and being offered a chance to advance or try something new. Management works on transparency and keeps in touch with what's going on. During the COVID-19 outbreak they arranged for everyone to be able to work from home. Like any new job, the initial start up and training can be rough, but I've been here awhile now and it's a great company to work for!
Pretty easy to be successful in your position if you work hard and look for opportunities to improve. I appreciate the different kinds of people I get to work with every day, and how my managers work with me to help me feel satisfied in my work.
Blue Raven is a professional company that does things the right way. Data based business decisions and value employees by word and action makes it a place I'm proud to be at.
Pros
Gives back, does quality work
Cons
Benefits aren't the best
Blue Raven solar is a great place to work if you are looking to grow and push yourself. We often try new things and give people opportunities to work on new projects. Its a fun environment where you are sure to make lots of friends.
Blue Raven Solar is by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. They truly care about their employees! Every single person there makes you feel welcome and a part of the team. Not only do they have amazing values to work and live by, they actually take them to heart and each employee tries to live to those standards.
Overall experience with this company has been great. The team I work with is fantastic! They are all ready and willing to help making work enjoyable and rewarding. With so much growth, the company offers all employees the ability to learn and wear many hats. It has awesome being able to add valuable experiences to my resume while enjoying what I am doing.
Hands down, this has been my favorite employer. They expect hard, consistent, quality work from all employees. If you're willing to give it your best, you can go places. Plenty of opportunities for upward movement for those interested and willing to prove themselves.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Raven Solar. Our community is ready to answer.