Blue Ridge Community Health Services Employee Reviews

Great Place to work!
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMay 24, 2018
I worked @Blue Ridge for 3 years and was so happy there but the drive down I-26 from Asheville was too much. Upper management was so positive and forward thinking they made every day a good day; the salary was generous and hours were flexible. Miss them
Pros
regular lunches; collegial environment
Cons
too far to drive
Defending a wonderful work place
CSS (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 7, 2018
I currently work at HFHC, a Blue Ridge health center. I have been here for almost a year and have yet to see any shady practices or shady people, as another reviewer claims. I HAVE seen dedicated, compassionate, hard-working managers, medical assistants and healthcare providers making sure that the patients get the best care possible. I have worked a few other places, both in and out of healthcare, and I have to say that this team of people is collaborative, caring and all-around great. Perfect? No, but I have seen people held accountable when the situation arises. Please don’t judge Blue Ridge or HFHC on one jaded and scorned ex-employee review - we are here to help whoever needs it and we love and appreciate our jobs and patients.
Pros
Great environment. Awesome providers. Decent pay.
Cons
You have to pay full price to add spouse or children to your healthcare
Receptionist/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 28, 2018
Enjoyed working there, pay was good but found a better paying job. Quick paced environment made time pass quickly. Could be stressful at times when short staffed and busy.
Very dishonest management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJuly 2, 2017
Management allows employees to cover up mistakes! Very shady employees that work there......beware! Very dishonest things happen behind close doors there. If the federal government ever figures it out this place will loose all their federal dollars!
Pros
Cons
Shady people
Great place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 18, 2017
I love working for Blue Ridge Community Health center ! The physicians are amazing I have never met people so caring and understanding ! It is a privilege to work at HFHC!
Great experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 27, 2017
I learned alot with the different patient cultures. I did feel like the turn over for this office was extremely high. There was also a learning curve working with interpreters for most of the day.
Easygoing schedule, very friendly and helpful staff
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. Each day the hygienists would help each other manage their schedules. For example, if someone's patient didn't show up, they would offer to take the other hygienist's patient to help her out.
Pros
great teamwork between staff
Lpn's beware!!
LPN/CSS (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NcAugust 12, 2015
Position is advertised for LPN, however; beware! It turns out that the majority of the CSS staff are CNA's performing nursing duties under the guise of the MD's license. They are giving injections, drawing blood, most duties are not in their scope of practice. Some of the things I witnessed with injections are scary. This is just a means for Blue Ridge to hire in staff at a very low hourly rate versus paying for skilled and licensed nurses.
Pros
very nice environment
Cons
Nursing services are substandard due to the use of unlicensed personnel performing nursing duties
Dental Assisting is a great job
Dental Assistant/Front Office (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 26, 2015
This is a great facility that offers the Henderson County and surrounding community affordable but good dental work. BRCHS is a great place to come for other health needs also. I liked working here because the people were good to work with and we all had a great working environment.
Pros
Very Establish business that is secure.

Want to know more about Blue Ridge Community Health Services?

Ask a question