Blue Ridge Community and Technical College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Flexible work schedule with little pay compensation
Administrative Secretary Sr. Allied Health Science (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 8, 2018
I was promised a promotion after earning my Bachelors degree with a pay increase, which did not happen. Now I have even more debt in school loans with the same salary.
Cons
No advancement or salary increase possible
Great work place
Office Assistant/ Front Desk Secretary (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 7, 2018
Employees are very friendly and always have a smile on their face. I have loved working here and will hate when I have to leave. I couldn't ask for a better working environment.
review
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 31, 2017
Great place to work. I would recommend it to anyone who was qualified to teach at a community college. I truly enjoyed my time with Blue Ride Community College
Nasty HR person and nasty hours!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 22, 2017
Hours are crazy
No set hours so you can not have a life
Worked there for 9 months as security
Could not carry a gun to defend myself or others
And in this enviroment with all the school shootings all they give you is pepper spray!
Pros
Co workers are cool
Cons
Too many to list
Productive, Well balanced, secure for the most part
Human Resources Senior Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work, just behind the pay curve because of it being state employment. Of course there are other benefits to counter that but it can be a con.
Pros
All holidays and weekends off
Cons
Low wages, low potential for growth
Good opportunity for professionals
Adjunct Professor, Digital Photography (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WV 25404October 10, 2017
Contacted primarily because I'm a professional photographer, I was tasked to teach an introductory digital photography class. The initial contact was very nice, I received plenty of information about the expectations, the people, and the culture. I teach one class a week, and that's a good aside to the other work I do.
Pros
Easy commute
Cons
Soda machine frequently out of my faves.
great place!!
Faculty Assistant - Business Program (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 3, 2017
I am a federal work study student and attend classes at Blue Ridge Community and Technical College. It is a great place to work and if you are a regular employee then benefits are good and time off is good. Those items does not apply to me because of my position.
Program Coordinator
Cyber Security Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 15, 2017
Great Place to Work! Most colleagues are focused on the mission of the College. This is a very fulfilling job as one can shape the next generation of professionals.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Good place to work.
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 27, 2017
It has been a good place to work despite compensation packages and mangement latter. If you want great work life balance, this is the place for you. Press on!
Great Educational System
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 8, 2017
My responsibilities were preparing and presenting class room instruction in the cyber security program as well as providing teaching in the business classes to train in skills with Microsoft Office. I taught various cyber security courses, including basic network security and wireless security. Work place culture was great. I enjoyed most seeing the look in eye of a student when they learned something new. The most rewarding moment was a student sent me an email, saying that the skills she learned in the Microsoft Office classes helped her get a new job with better pay.
You have to put the college's needs above your own.
Lab Assistant/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work is that you are given a bunch of assignments and no matter how long it is going to take you, you have to get it done that day. What I've learned from this job is that this line of work is what I don't want to be doing for the rest of my life.
Pros
Lunch time
Great Environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 13, 2017
Great environment to work in. Excellent communication with advisers. New, clean building to work in. There is room to move around occupationally.
Growing EMS program
Paramedic Instructor (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 10, 2017
Blue Ridge strives to be the best EMS education in the area. Class sizes are manageable. Equipment is top of the line.
It can be difficult when taking on a new class, as there is little direction, however, this gives you the freedom to teach the class however you like.
As this is a community college, students are often directly out of high school, making the student population young.
Compensation is based on your education level and the amount of class hours taught.
Pros
flexible schedule, top of the line equipment, small class sizes
Cons
young student population
Very wonderful and caring staff
Adjunct Clinical Nursing Professor, RN-BC, MSN (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVNovember 9, 2016
The staff is very concerned about the students and work in every way to ensure that they help to create the best nurses possible for the future of health care.
Best Job Ever
STUDENT OFFICE ASSISTANT - HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 12, 2016
I loved this job with a passion. Every day was a fun adventure even though I was only making copies, faxing, answering phones, and filing paperwork. I couldn't have enjoyed it more. All of the people in the office were welcoming and considerate. I did any work they'd hand me without question. I loved learning how they wanted things filed and to file them, I learned to fax, scan, and type more quickly. They liked me too. When my first semester ended I stayed on and ended up doing summer classes to finish my degree. Once I finished I could no longer hold my position as it was for students. I still wish I could go back and just stay there.
Pros
Long lunches if slow; great co-workers and supervisors;
Cons
Student postion only
Growing, dynamic community college with appropriate challenges including staffing, balance within workforce, and retaining quality educators.
Professional (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 20, 2015
Change in this organization seems to be inevitable in many areas. With significant growth, the structure and composition of the organization changes, including but not limited to funding sources and staffing needs. Generally, a good place to work with the usual challenges facing a growing organization.
Pros
Benefits; co-workers; enjoy challenges of new systems, programs, etc.
Cons
Workload excessive in some areas; much less in others
Very positive work environment. As an Intern I was given the opportunity to get the experience I needed before graduation.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 7, 2015
I really appreciated the time that was taken by the instructors to teach me what I did not know and reinforce the skills that I learned in my college courses. I worked in a office with seven professors. I managed the reception desk, student inquires and the switchboard. At any given time I was working on grading, updating databases, basic office duties such as emailing and faxing documents, making copies and inventory of supplies and textbooks.
Great place to work!!
HR (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVOctober 24, 2014
The work-life balance is outstanding. It is a young organizations that seems to be going and growing in the right direction. The organization offers excellent benefit and development opportunities to its employees.
Very Sociable and Get to meet a lot of new people
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 12, 2014
I assist students struggling in various computer classes. I really enjoy helping others and I love that my job requires me to be social. It has really brought me out of my shyness. I learned how to use Replicon to log my hours and how to log who I tutor using various paperwork. I would say the hardest part of my job would be figuring out the person's learning style and how best to approach the problem. My boss is also the best. She is very understanding and quite helpful.
Pros
Helps me to pay for college, Fulfilling
Cons
Not many hours per week
great experience fun place to work great fellow employees
FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 19, 2014
i was a work study there will going to school there were no advancement options or benefits pay was low but the experience was great the coworkers and managers were awesome taught me a lot and the school itself was really cool i enjoyed it and i learned a lot
Pros
learning duties managers students
Cons
advancement pay benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Ridge Community and Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

Blue Ridge Community and Technical College Reviews by Location