Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates Employee Reviews

Unorganized and stressful
Technician (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJuly 24, 2018
money hungry management with little focus on care of the animals. Constantly overly busy. They focus on their favorite employees and only promote those few people.
Cons
Poor care
Stressful work environment with no benefits
CSR (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAMay 29, 2018
The people were great and kind. Most of the doctors were rude and approachable with the exception of like 3 of them. No benefits at all for personal pets, not much PTO, expensive insurance. I loved my managers and most of my coworkers but the place is way too big to not be paperless. Most of my day was spent chasing down files. The turnover rate is very high. No lunch breaks. I feel like it would be a great place to work if there were benefits and they went paperless.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Poor company to work for
Treatment Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAApril 16, 2018
Bad management, money hungry, treats employees with no respect, uses social mediato fire employees. Works employees overnight and day shift in same week.
Strong team work, making it a great place to learn from.
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAMarch 21, 2018
Blue Ridge is a very busy vet office, making each day go by quickly. I get to do so much fun and educational stuff. My managers seem to always be there to listen and help in any way. I love how everyone around me in my workplace seem to always be there to help. I find it to be a hard job at times, due to the fact that there is always a lot going on and you are required to jump from one thing to the next. I love what I do and that is working with animals and being able to make a difference in their health. This is what i love about my workplace the most.
Fast paced,Great people,Bad everything else
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAMarch 1, 2018
The people at blue ridge are amazing. They are kind, fun, and very helpful. There is also a lot of friendship and drama that goes on. I'f your just starting out and need experience then go for it. If your someone looking to set roots down look elsewhere.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Everything else you could honestly think of.
Fun motavated work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAOctober 27, 2017
I went from building to building grabbing flies
Made and received calls
Made sure the paper files matched the computer files
While working there I got to see and meet different breeds of animals and interact with customers
Horrible management
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VASeptember 27, 2017
This company is ran by a bunch of morons. The kennel is a joke, the pay isn't competitive. The turnover in new employees is like clockwork because they don't treat anyone well, unless your BFF with them.
You will work weekends. You will work nights.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAApril 19, 2017
love the people but the pay isn't competitive. It's like a small family atmosphere at BRVA and it can be very rewarding work. Only reason I am seeking other work as my experience deserves a much higher pay.
Pros
people are kind
Cons
pay is low
Quick Paced; Can be Stressful; Great Way to Learn
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VAApril 13, 2017
BRVA will give you the opportunity to learn from others, and that is something many places won't give you. The environment is quick, stressful at times, and extremely busy. This is a very large practice and there is very little off time. You will have the opportunity to work with many species and not just dogs and cats, which I find is a bonus. As a 24/7/365 clinic, you are required to work long and sometimes undesirable hours, but you know that coming in and if you don't like that, then don't apply. :-)
Pros
Multi species practice; Opportunity to learn a lot
Cons
Fast paced; stressful
Once you get in, youre like family
LVT (Current Employee) –  Purcellville, VADecember 17, 2016
BRVA can be a tough place to work. There seems to be 2 types of employees, those that are there for years and years and years, and most who don't even last 2 months. The biggest issue is they don't hire experienced people. If you do have experience or you've worked there for a while, much of your time is spent fixing other people's mistakes. The treatment supervisors are awesome, and one of the main reasons I stay. However, there is definitely some obvious favoritism. As far as doctors go, it really depends.

One of the biggest problems is the lack of benefits. 1 week PTO, which includes sick leave and vacation, if you've worked enough hours per week. That is unacceptable. They also only give holiday pay (time and a half) on Christmas day, thanksgiving, and new years day. I think a big reason they have to hire from the bottom of the barrel is because no experienced person with options would go for a place with such terrible benefits. They recently fixed their pay periods, which makes OT much easier, and now offer health insurance, so they're moving in the right direction.

There's seniority when it comes to scheduling. Many people don't like the mandatory overnights, weekends, or holidays, but if you work there long enough, you pretty much get to pick your schedule.

Many people also complain about the pay. I have gotten 2, 10% raises over a few years. Why? Because I asked for it. If you're a valuable employee who has worked there for some time, Managment will do what they can to keep you happy.
Pros
Valued as an employee, sense of family
Cons
No PTO, favoritism, tough schedule
Unorganized chaos
Treatment (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAMay 12, 2015
Management has no experience and there is no room to advance. Financially stressful. Very stressful overall. Not challenging mentally... very unprofessional.
Fast Paced
Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purcellville VAJanuary 29, 2015
Extremely difficult place to be employed. No benefits, no consistency to schedule. No value to employees. Extreme favoritism. Management is not consistent. Managers/Co Managers never on same page, very unprofessional in the way things are handled.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
schedule, pay, no benefits
Dramatic, full of venomous nonsense
Technician (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Very drama oriented, everyone is very superficial with exception of the Hospitals Administrator. Management is poorly chosen, vindictive, and irresponsible. They do not follow through with what is expected or any of employees concerns. Patient care is lacking with most doctors/staff, as most do not like their jobs/patients.

Is only emergency "hospital" in Blue Ridge area, but staffed with inexperienced staff to be low cost to hospital.

There ARE some good people there that do care, but are very frustrated, but out of some sort of loyalty, stay.

Management implements new protocols and advertisements without company wide knowledge, thereby making the client feel uncomfortable that staff doesn't even know what the hospital is doing or advertising.
Pros
Hospital Administrator & 1 doctor are a caring individuals
Cons
Everything else, unfortunatly.
Lovely clients, nice co-workers.
Kennel Staff (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VirginiaNovember 24, 2013
Loved working with the animals
Cleaning is not as fun
Bath time is not everyone's favorite
Work on holidays
Pros
cuddly clients, on-site kitchen
Cons
short to no breaks, No benefits