Blue Sky Therapy Employee Reviews

Management is not familiar with SWFL and has little respect for their therapist.
PT (Former Employee) –  SWFLJuly 18, 2018
I was very disappointed with this company. The management team preaches good morals, employee based goals and acts as though they understand local communities they treat but in reality this is another fast paced company where the PT is just there to evaluate and PTAs are there to perform treatment. THIS IS NOT how therapy should be performed.
Pros
Benefits, wages
Cons
Management, respect, understanding local community
PRN is Waste of time
COTA/L PRN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 11, 2018
I went through the entire process to get hired on PRN and once i completed all the paperwork i never got a call for any hours yet they constantly advertise they need a PRN COTA. Dont waste your time with this company if you solely work PRN because you will never get a call.
moderate sized company
Rehabilitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2018
Moderate sized company trying to be a large company. Reduced management and guidance with a lack of compassion to its employees. Good CEU opportunities and positive training for current trends in the SNF environment.
Don’t waste your time!!
PRN COTA (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMay 7, 2018
I was hired for one of their famous PRN cota jobs. Completed orientation and never got called one time but yet they kept posting openings. Strange. To actually get a full time job or prn hours through them you have to know someone. As far as employees... never answer the phone or return you call after a voicemail is left. Emailed two people in regards to paperwork and never got a response. I wish this company would have some integrity and respect.
Cons
Everything. You get your hopes up just to be dissapointed never getting a call for work.
would not recommend
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 26, 2018
poor management, stressful environment, pushed to keep patients longer than they needed in order to make more money. the hours I worked were not what I had discussed and agreed upon during my interview
Quite & relaxed environment
PTA-PRN (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHApril 25, 2018
Small family oriented facility with relaxed and laid back pace and environment. Primary focus on progressing patient functional level as tolerated by patient for return to PLOF.
Would not recommend
Registered Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAApril 13, 2018
The company was more concerned about money and productivity than actual patient care.

Company says they want experience and training, but offers management jobs to assistance with little training to save money
Overall a good company
Rehab manager (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 5, 2018
Overall a good company but feel the pay is low for the area. Little understanding of fluctuation in census as is common in the industry. Plenty of education on documentation, trends and changes in the industry. Do not push for unethical RUG levels. Patient centered care is top priority.

Productivity standards for assistants is high, evaluators is fair and managers is dependent upon building and needs of building. They are pushing higher productivity for managers though.
Low Stress
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PANovember 3, 2017
The therapy department has a good group of people that work well with each other. The staff is always there to help out even the district manager if we need help in the therapy dept.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Wanting the employees to use their PTO when hours were low for the week.
Good company, small issues
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Youngstown-Warren, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Never received a raise in the 5+ years I worked for them.

Bonus plan kept getting cut.

Not a ton of support and investment made to admin staff.

All therapists I've worked with have had a good experience and pay, aside from productivity complaints
Pros
Great place if you're a PT/OT/ST or PTA
Cons
No advancement for most administrative/support staff
Employee (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 24, 2017
I had a working relationship with all of my team members. I usually worked many hours hours per day. There are many wonderful and hardworking people that work at Blue Sky Therapy.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Not very transparent
Friendly and knowledgeable staff
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 3, 2017
Enjoy working for this Therapy agency as PRN COTA/L traveling to SNF in Trumbull and Mahoning Counties. Continue to learn information pertinent to my occupation from knowledgeable staff. Easy to get along with and good attitudes.
Pros
Free lunches during company celebrations with various SNF. Free continuing online courses
Cons
Expected high productivity demands
Terrible Company
PTA (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 21, 2017
They call you and hire you PRN. Send you an e-mail "Welcome to our PRN team." Demand you get ALL your paperwork done ASAP including paying out of your own pocket for background check as well as a physical and then NEVER, NEVER call you!!! Contacted me on March 8th, 2017, and completed all paperwork within two weeks. Called, called and called to set up orientation. Two months later, received a text message asking if I "Was still interested." Very unprofessional and unorganized!!! Terrible company, they will not return phone calls, especially HR. Highly recommend you do NOT pay for background check or a physical out of your own pocket due to they'll tell you you'll get reimbursement for background check, but they'll never really hire you or even call you to work PRN. Never have I had a company in my entire career act this unprofessional!!!
Pros
Cons
Very unorganized and will lead you on as well as getting your hopes up for a job!!!
Fun place to work with well qualitifed people.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 19, 2017
Blue Sky provides educational opportunities. The staff in each facility is very helpful and qualified to perform their jobs. Overall Blue Sky is a good company. Their scheduling is disorganized. There is a very high turn around with hiring. Their benefits are expensive.
Pros
great co-workers, good education and experience
Cons
90% productivity, high demands on documentation, disorganized scheduling.
No Job security, if you are looking for hours and job security this is not the place to work
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHMarch 22, 2017
I was hired on in November 2016 as a PRN COTA completed orientation and all the necessary procedures, was told I would be getting a call within a week to work. It is now March 2017 and I have never been called 1x to work. When asking why I was told the census is down and they are slow although job postings keep appearing. There have been 5 job postings for the same job PRN COTA since I was hired on in November. I called the rehab manager inquiring as to why they are not using already hired on PRN and was once again told it is slow and they are only posting to build up the PRN list which makes no sense at all. Why would you build up a PRN list when you are not using the PRN staff you already have? There is no job security in this company, I have since found out they get a kick back for hiring and signing PRN staff. Once the hire process is complete they don't use you. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Other disappoints very easy to work with
Cons
No job security
Good team of therapists
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 11, 2017
Do not get promoted for your hard work or commitment to company. Some of the craziest personalities get promoted.
One of the regional directors has a personality issue and will sabatoge staff instead of supporting them.
Pros
Corporate tries to promote fun in workplace
Cons
Poor regional manager, promote staff who are poorly respected
Did not provide the work promised.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OH 44406February 21, 2017
Great learning environment for computer documentation, treatment techniques, long term care treatment flow/expectations. When the work load decreased my patient schedule was significantly affected and I was unable to maintain a consistent salary .
Pros
friendly environment, friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons
not enough consistent work for a part time position
Worst company and unprofessional management
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2017
Management is completely unprofessional and ... psychotic. The schedules vary, documentation for evaluating therapists is high. Poor follow through.
Poor experience.
Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day with this company was stressful. Although they provided continuing education, the overall learning was not there. The expectations for this job were not reasonable and staffing support was not there. This company took on a contract they could not maintain and made promises to employees they were not able to keep and possibly had no intention on keeping.
Great place to work.
PRN Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canfield, OHJune 25, 2016
Blue Sky Therapy offers the PRN therapist the ability to work at multiple nursing homes to provide skilled therapy, The therapy staff have been both friendly & helpful in getting me acclimated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Sky Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight