Blue Star Refreshment Services

Blue Star Refreshment Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
Blue Star Refreshment Services selected this as a representative review
Really amazing place to work
This place is really enthusiastic I loved working there I also loved my hours you get to travel around the Bay Area and when you finished your accounts you had free time
Pros
Free snacks and lunch pizza day!!!!
Cons
No cons
I Enjoy Working Here!
BlueStar has helped me become a lead which I never thought would happen, I was able to move up within a few months. They taught me what it means to be a leader and I have the opportunity to lead a small crew of 3 other employee's. I hope to one day become a manager and continue my career growth within this company.
Find a job someplace else
Overall, they have a great product and many good people work there but, owner is not serious to run a great company

Some great people quit and others were let go for not ‘falling in line’.
Pros
Some good people work there
Cons
Favoritism, allow undocumented people to work there. Owner would rather fight in court than follow the law
Horrible Stay Away
This job is a joke. If you want abusive and negligence of a manager feel free to apply.

No one cares what you do for the company no one cares about you not even HR is approachable and extremely unprofessional.

Managers only care about themselves.

Route Supervisor s were creeps and extremely perverted
Bad owner
For the first time, I worked for an owner that seemed to sabotage his own company.?????

Not empowering his people, didn’t trust, extremely micro-managing.

This company has the potential to take off and become a serious competitor, but sadly, probably won’t.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Disorganized
Place is fun but ran poorly. 4 HR leaders in 4 years. Micromanaged and managers need training. Free food is good and people are fun. The management need. To create better orientation and on board people better.
poor management
Out of every management people in the whole company... only one was nice others where not smart. Don't work here. Its not worth the stress and time.SMH
Productive fun work environment
Bluestar was one of the best jobs I had with many things to do on downtime such as ping pong, pool tables, and a helpful team that helps build and promotes from within.
Great team, horrible company.
We were always short staffed but forced to work like a full stocked team. We were forced to take shortcuts to complete work because they didn’t want us to do overtime, their day porters barely did work, temp workers they hired would be caught stealing or never showed up to work, the trucks were unsafe so I refused to drive, when I needed help with a job that wasn’t mine I barely got any help. Proper refrigeration of dairy products was lacking. The coolers on the trucks don’t work so they would sit for 8 hours barely cold. It was a circus there, they fired their best guy because he would let them know their faults so “he didn’t fit their ideal direction”. This was really the worst company ever. I could go on and on and on, I’m surprise they still have business.
Pros
Just the free snacks and sodas we got to take home.
management sucks
it's almost impossible to move up if you are an hourly employee. the company is ran by salaried selfish idiots. the ceo is never there. people tend to only care about themselves. management acts like your raise comes out of their pocket. hourly employees get 2%-4% raises if they are lucky., YES PENNIES if you are lucky and you are supposed to be grateful for that. Only upside? not a lot of supervision but I am actively looking for a better paying job.
Pros
friends
Cons
everything
Great Company!
The environment at this company is great, the managers to the owner(s) are all friendly and down-to-Earth. No egos, all business - even the sales folks. They really do take care of their employees.
Great Place to Work
BlueStar is an awesome place to work, we get free food and drinks. Perks add up to more than anyone else offers in the area! Plus the culture is great with friendly teammates!
Pros
Free food and drinks
Stay Away
Worked here for less than 6 months. Work was okay but team was not helpful. The more you do the more your team will want you to do for them. Hours were bad. Pay was bad. I only joined as my friends worked there. But we all left for better pay. Place is okay for temp work only. Team lead was never around either so ppl do what they want even text and drive, safety questionable. And people do not take this place seriously. Don't do it.
Cons
hours, pay. managment
Horrible management
Like the other comments the management horrible. They play favorites specially if you speak Spanish. Couldn’t go to HR to complain about a coworker because they were all friends. They’re constantly changing the way we load the trucks and moving our routes around. They’re always watching the cameras and trying to catch doing something so they can write you up.
Pros
Get free food at the warehouse but it’s the same thing everyday
Cons
Management, favoritism
Questionable company
Extremely low pay. They are not competitive at all. I had to work 2 jobs and more. How can you pay any bills with a $14.50 job. I only joined as my friend was here too. You get a review yearly if your boss doesn't forget. only up to a 3% raise! Even then that's not promised. I talked a few times to management. Not once did I feel they cared about any employee. Those that have been with the company 3+ years are also not kept accountable. And HR doesn't care about turn over. People are terminated here left and right. That's why they are always recruiting for more. People leave them in a number of days. Also HR is really unapproachable. I asked for help once for my paycheck and the blonde HR girl rolled her eyes and sent me away because she was to busy. If they cannot help in that, HR will not help when things are tough. They have no "human"in the human resource department. Super cold, like the rest of management. Also no benefits. High rates for medical insurance. I would have to give them all my check to have family medical benefits. STAY AWAY.
Pros
Chips
Cons
No benefits. NO PTO. NO HOLIDAY PAY. NO ROOM FOR GROWTH
Ok job for a job i guess
Team wise it's a great ..sometimes you get lousy workers that sleep and don't want to work. Management is ok.many problems with management benefits and we get no retirement.
Pros
Team
Cons
Everything else
Not good for career especially long term.
I got hired on the spot after one phone screen and an in person with one person. That should of been alarming. Training was non existent within the corporate office. I learned everything by asking co workers because I did not feel comfortable asking my manager. Higher management was never engaged. At the all hands the ceo talked about profits and selling that additional $1. Never about growing the people and investing on the teams. Other teams and co workers are always talking about leaving, about being burnt out and unhappy with pay. All the good people always leave within 6months-1 yr. They can not retain the good hardworking talent for their life. I saw about 4 people from HR leave and turn over for the other teams is astronomical as well . That’s alarming. It’s demoralizing and overal just using this place as a stepping stone for my next real job.
Pros
Handful of nice people.
Cons
Healthcare . PTO. Sick time and pay
Dont not waste your time
This company is ridiculous. Discrimination unprofessional and turn over rate is wild due to the billing manager. No raises no room for growth. You will be set up and thrown under the bus be aware!
Pros
Experience for the month you’ll be there
Cons
The old blond
Fun workplace
Everything about Bluestar is made out to seem everything’s amazing during orientation, but nobody shows how much micromanaging is actually within the company
Pros
Food
Cons
Hours, no raise
Do not work here!
The job itself was pretty easy but the problem with the company is management. Trusting this company was a huge mistake of mine because of how much favoritism goes on there. Blue star refreshments tends to promote people they like even if they aren't good workers and fire the good workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
company favoritism
Pretty good job
Blue Star is a decent place to work if you need some extra cash, I'd recommend giving it a go if you can handle graveyard shifts. And, you get your weekends off so that's always a plus.
Pros
Great break area and co-workers
Cons
sometimes they will screw you over
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Star Refreshment Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6