Blue Star Refreshment Services

Blue Star Refreshment Services Employee Reviews

Local leadership is great. The issue is the lack of communication from HQ before and during COVID-19. I've heard that local Management was left completely out in the cold once they got the local branch closed up for HQ Zero communication from HQ so the local Management team can not help to answer questions and keep us employees engaged for a potential re-start.
Pros
Great local leadership team
Cons
Horrible communication and leadership from HQ.
Did not care about the employees laid off everyone and didn’t even give nobody no service package. Do you also was making management go from salary to hourly that’s not what we signed up for
Work was really great until the pandemic happened then most of us got laid off. Definitely miss working there and definitely would go back to work there.
No coments. I feel the company treat the people like nothing. Miserable salaries when they ask for more and ur duties. That's what I think about this place.
Pros
Yeah just lunch
Cons
Ok breaks and health care u pay 80% covere
If I ever get the chance to work for this company again without a doubt I wouldn’t think twice. The crew members and the leaders in this place were all amazing people. The hours were perfect, there’s nothing negative to say about this place. Thank you for the opportunity and I hope one day I can be back with this great company!
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Paid fairly for what is expected of you. Good management. Company car to listen to your tunes and company credit card to take care of any expenses that may arise
I really enjoyed my time with Blue Star , having encouragement to think outside the box for accounts to build presentations and Relationships with clients . I had fun and wouldn’t mind having to have work again with this company.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Drive time
I like working for this company co workers are friendly so are the customers Hours are Great if you like to work nights , If you like driving and delivering that is the right job
Pros
Pay is fait
Cons
You don’t get paid if you don’t work
Aprendi a trabajar en equipo y a usar las tabletas para pedir y cobrar el producto que repartiamos.
Pros
Muy bien ambiente para trabajar y el horario.
Cons
El aumento de salario no era lo que esperaba
My Team is awesome, but most people here will make your job harder by not showing up for work. Constantly overworked and under paid. PTO is a joke, attendance policy is a joke, oh and there's no sick time.
BlueStar has helped me become a lead which I never thought would happen, I was able to move up within a few months. They taught me what it means to be a leader and I have the opportunity to lead a small crew of 3 other employee's. I hope to one day become a manager and continue my career growth within this company.
Overall, they have a great product and many good people work there but, owner is not serious to run a great company Some great people quit and others were let go for not ‘falling in line’.
Pros
Some good people work there
Cons
Favoritism, allow undocumented people to work there. Owner would rather fight in court than follow the law
This job is a joke. If you want abusive and negligence of a manager feel free to apply. No one cares what you do for the company no one cares about you not even HR is approachable and extremely unprofessional. Managers only care about themselves. Route Supervisor s were creeps and extremely perverted
For the first time, I worked for an owner that seemed to sabotage his own company.????? Not empowering his people, didn’t trust, extremely micro-managing. This company has the potential to take off and become a serious competitor, but sadly, probably won’t.
Place is fun but ran poorly. 4 HR leaders in 4 years. Micromanaged and managers need training. Free food is good and people are fun. The management need. To create better orientation and on board people better.
Out of every management people in the whole company... only one was nice others where not smart. Don't work here. Its not worth the stress and time.SMH
Bluestar was one of the best jobs I had with many things to do on downtime such as ping pong, pool tables, and a helpful team that helps build and promotes from within.
We were always short staffed but forced to work like a full stocked team. We were forced to take shortcuts to complete work because they didn’t want us to do overtime, their day porters barely did work, temp workers they hired would be caught stealing or never showed up to work, the trucks were unsafe so I refused to drive, when I needed help with a job that wasn’t mine I barely got any help. Proper refrigeration of dairy products was lacking. The coolers on the trucks don’t work so they would sit for 8 hours barely cold. It was a circus there, they fired their best guy because he would let them know their faults so “he didn’t fit their ideal direction”. This was really the worst company ever. I could go on and on and on, I’m surprise they still have business.
Pros
Just the free snacks and sodas we got to take home.
Cons
it's almost impossible to move up if you are an hourly employee. the company is ran by salaried selfish idiots. the ceo is never there. people tend to only care about themselves. management acts like your raise comes out of their pocket. hourly employees get 2%-4% raises if they are lucky., YES PENNIES if you are lucky and you are supposed to be grateful for that. Only upside? not a lot of supervision but I am actively looking for a better paying job.
Pros
friends
Cons
everything
The environment at this company is great, the managers to the owner(s) are all friendly and down-to-Earth. No egos, all business - even the sales folks. They really do take care of their employees.
This place is really enthusiastic I loved working there I also loved my hours you get to travel around the Bay Area and when you finished your accounts you had free time
Pros
Free snacks and lunch pizza day!!!!
Cons
No cons