Blue Stream Rehab

Working at Blue Stream Rehab: 21 Reviews

United States21 reviews

placeworkresidentmanagementcarefacilityamazinggreat

Don’t do it

Terrible place to work if you really have a life. Seem like undesirables are housed there and staff is so so. Management is not good, facility is dirty and out dated. Don’t care about stag unless you doing something for them. Just run !!!!

A great place to work

This is a great place to work. I have worked here for almost three years. We are a smaller facility with a lot of caring staff. Our management team is great and supportive of us. They care about the residents and us and value our input.. Come join a great team.

Pros

Pto, benefits.

Blue Stream Rehab insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

I love my job!

I have been working here for nearly 3 years. We currently operate under the best administration we've had in that time period. We have a stable group of staff, low pressure work environment, an overall easy job in the scheme of skilled nursing facilities (I would know, I have worked here while simultaneously working a full time job in another SNF). Other nursing homes have unachievable expectations, while Blue Stream does not. Anyone who has worked at another nursing home in the past few years should give Blue Stream a try. It will seem like a dream job when compared to other places. I have no "cons" to report. In fact, I recently left my full time job of 12 years to become a full time employee.

Pros

Great owner, knowledgeable support staff

Cons

I have none

Just love this place!!!

Since I started working in Blue Stream Rehab, I feel so privileged and honored!This place is amazing! The management is caring and understanding, the staff is friendly and fun to work with, the residence are happy and calm. The vibes there are awesome! Automatically makes everyone feel right at home!!!! Great environment! Great staff! Overall great!

Pros

Paid time off

It is beyond disgusting

Why does the only male stna always get the easy people and why does he get to take his break first nut to mention I ask for help and he does not help he is lazy. Places is dirty reminds me of an old prison I seen on tv. Why should I be forced to take smokers out when I am a non-smoker. A lot of residents are ex-cons and drug addicts. Not to me tonight about 20 percent of these residents are over 400 pounds. Take my advice email head for the hills. Some residents are very rude and abusive and discriminate.

Pros

Leaving that place

Cons

Dirty dirty dirty place to work

Disorganized. Systems fail

The systems are constantly failing due to the fact of the ownership is out of state. They are never available on any holidays or weekends and you are left to answer to the hospital and the families about your inability to function as a successful facility

Pros

Residents

Cons

Ownership

Don’t do it!!

This place is filthy! Residents are off the hook. Short staffed a little too often. If you speak up you get fired. You will be burned out working here

Love this place!

This is 10/10 my favorite facility. I once left this facility in the middle of an interview when it was Pine Valley, now I can't imagine my life without it. The new management staff is amazing, educated and credentialed and caring. Wages have recently gone up following the renovation of the skilled wing. The building may not be gorgeous, but the owners would definitely invest in staff than solely in the building

January 6, 2021
So True!Once they changed management the place has really chnaged

Horrible dirty

This place is extremely dirty !!! They never clean .The residents want more food they cant have it because they only make just enough for one helping. The food is not good !! Very low quality food.

Worst Nursing Job Ever

Constantly short handed, constant need to pick up. Long time staff rude to new hires. Only speak when they need something or want you to work for them. Complete lack of regard from owners and corporate nurse. Head in the clouds while you're struggling. Try to resign with dignity and given the worst case of stay and we can fix this. YOU can not fix this, or you would have.

Blue scream & RUN

Worst Ever! Run! If you think all these 1 stars are wrong, they’re Not! Run don’t walk else where. They won’t even care! They believe you are a number, nothing more. You’re only as valuable as what you can bring in them! If you can not benefit the owner there is no use for you any longer.

Was an experience but I wouldn’t do it again

Prior to being in management I was on the floor. I really wish I would have stayed there, however then I wouldn’t know what a joke the management team turned into. Administrator would rather lock himself it the office and let others put out the fires that happen on the day to day. They will hire someone for your job prior to you turning in a notice if you express any unhappiness with how the building is going.

Pros

Floor staff is amazing

Cons

Constant call offs, always working short

Poor Management

Accountability Breeds Responsibility - Need I say any more? Not a very clean environment, patients are dirty. Poor care. Quick turn around, no consistency with care.

Not a good place to work

Management did not treat all employees equally. The manager was also very absent. The residents should always be top priority, but that was not the case. If there was a place that had more HIPA violations than this place, I'd be surprised. The pay was horrible for the amount of work that was expected.

ok place to work but not excellent

I find the building very dirty and the care so-so. A lot of supervision of the STNA's to follow up with care provided or not provided. Management is ok.

1star

Owners are really good. Local management level is inexperienced and not open to suggestions. Patient centered care is not a priority for management level.

December 10, 2018
Blue Stream Rehab and Nursing was purchased on June 30, 2018. We agree-our new owners are fantastic!Our managers have a lot of experience in the healthcare field and work together as a team to provide the best care for our residents. Residents are always a priority in our facility. We apologize if you are upset about your experience at our facility. Please reach out to us if you want to discuss anything we can do to make our work environment better for future employees.

Blue stream is not a good ppace to work.

The manager can't stand up to anybody she lets everyone walk all over her and she purposely fired 2 people for no reason. She made up reasons to fire someone and their first write up was their final one.

Pros

The elderly people are amazing

Cons

Everyone who works there have no home training

Poor Management

New Management with lack of management skills. Facility could be a lot cleaner. At times under staff but with some friendly staff members. If you want a slow pace facility this is the place for you.

December 10, 2018
We appreciate your feedback.Our management team works hard to provide the best environment for both employees and residents. Many times, we've received compliments on our wonderful staff. We also think they're fantastic!Blue Stream Rehab is a more peaceful, home-like environment for our residents. We encourage staff to spend quality time with those in their care.Please feel free to reach out to us so we can discuss how to make Blue Stream a better workplace.

Amazing place to work.

Fun, energetic and caring staff that work hard on a daily basis. Staff members constantly praised and rewarded for hard work and efforts. Staff constantly providing a clean and safe environment for our residents.

You're joining a family, not a job

Blue Stream Rehab is a great place to work. The administration cares about the residents and staff and encourages you to succeed as your best self. This building is not a fast-paced turn and burn rehab center. We have many long-term residents who make up the heart of our jobs. We also have employees who have been in this building for 40+ years. That shows some true dedication and longevity for a team in an ever-changing industry. I highly recommend you take a tour, meet with the staff, and see how BSRN can help you succeed in your career!

Pros

Benefits (paid vacation, sick time), health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term disability, life insurance, a great team, between Akron and Canton, bus line

Fast paced , fun , great team work

Amazing staff , fun place to work with great team leadership . Our staff has been trained to work with a wide variety of behaviors from dementia to psychosis . We treat residents like they are our family . We also do alot of fun activities with the residents from movies and popcorn to Wii gaming to taking them out on adventures. Our therapy department offers several service's as well to assist all residents .

Pros

Residents and coworkers

Common questions about Blue Stream Rehab

Answered by current and former employees at Blue Stream Rehab

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Stream Rehab. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits