Bluefield Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

More concerned with paperwork than patient care, not fair with assignments
MEDIDAL SURGICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVJuly 3, 2019
This is a place that really has a bad atmosphere. Too much paper work, and never enough time to spend on patient care. It doesn't do much for your self-esteem. There is a major difference between day and night shift. No autonomy whatsoever. Supposed to have 6 patients as a nurse, I've had 7 at one time. No compassion. If I could give it no stars I would.
Pros
Family time, home time, sometimes, some of the people are helpful and kind
Cons
Not enough pay, never enough help, very stressful, and no one wants to work there anymore
Flexible with my hours as far as coordinating with my children’s activities and Dr appointments.
Radiologic Technologist and Mammography (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVMay 20, 2019
I love working at BRMC as far as convenience goes. Lose a lot of hours due to low volumes. Do not feel appreciated in my capabilities. Do not feel as if I am a valuable employee in their eyes and that I am just a number. No chance in working my way up. Pay is poor. Would love to work for a company that makes me feel as part of the team.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No breaks. Flexed time off. Little vacation time.
fast paced work environment
Monitor Tech/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVFebruary 10, 2019
answer phones calls, make phone calls, help with patient care, transport to designated areas for testing or admission, help nursing staff and doctors with procedures.
I worked in the ER it was different every shift
ER Director Gary Butt (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVJanuary 12, 2019
I was an ER Monitor Tech. Got patients vital signs, connected patients that needed to be on heart and vital sign machines to be monitored from the desk. Took patients for testing within the hospital and to the room assigned when admitted. Clean patient rooms once it was empty.
Pros
got to meet new patients daily
Cons
some days were bad days with calls we got
Travel Position
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVOctober 27, 2018
A Typical day began with a team meeting ran by the Charge Nurse. Room assignments have nothing to do with patient acuity. There are opportunities for learning, and staff is very helpful.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
It’s a very nice place to work and people friendly!
Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Bluefield WvAugust 23, 2018
I loved working there it was an opportunity for me to learn new things and meet different people. It was very busy nd you see everything! We have a lot of travelers so you meet people all the time. They always have enough staff to care for your needs.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Lunch breaks
Learned a lot and loved the nurses that worked with
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVAugust 1, 2018
general assessments, admissions and discharge, start IV, medication pass, vital signs blood sugar monitoring, assisting Dr with bedside procedures, patient teaching. Learned very much from the other LPN and RN that worked with and also for Dr.
Good work experience, friendly and competent coworkers
RN Extern/CNA (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVMarch 21, 2018
Pay was good, coworkers and patients were friendly, fast-paced, good nurse to patient ratio, reasonable hours and pay, excellent internship programs, excellent management
Not bad for a small facility
Internal Medicine Residency (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 2, 2018
I did my residency here. I have not worked here as an attending physician. The people were great here. Staff and physicians worked well together.
Pros
Relaxed, slow paced
Nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVFebruary 12, 2018
This was a very challenging job but very rewarding as well. I was able to learn and grow as a nurse and was given opportunity to advance in my career,
Much Room For Improvement
RN, 3 West (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WV 24701January 17, 2018
Patient care is not optimal. Management was lacking. Coworkers are not helpful. Nurses are oveloaded with patient loads. Orientation is minimal. Pay is suboptimal.
prompt care was very active and fast paced
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVDecember 10, 2017
Most staff worked 12 hour shifts and were understanding of energy levels of each other and that impact that can occasionally occur
The constant flow of different type patients that come in was challenging and motivating
Great staff. Friendly atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVNovember 22, 2017
I have enjoyed my work at BRMC. The hospital is small enough to get to know everyone but large enough for state of the art treatment. As an RN I have worked in radiology and PACU at this facility. Both have been rewarding. The staff is top notch!!
Pros
Small hospital atmosphere
Cons
Poor merit raises historically but recent market adjustment raise helped.
Wish it was better
Reistered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVAugust 25, 2017
I'm sure it had changed since I worked there. I left there 14 years ago. They eliminated our managers position which was a mistake. I lost one of my best managers there.
Good place to start
ER Monitor Technician/ER Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVAugust 24, 2017
I don't think it's a place i would recommend as a long term place but it was a great place to start my healthcare career. The people (overall) were great to work with and they did encourage furthering your education with incentives and help.
Up to date CCU
CCU/ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVAugust 15, 2017
Nurse Manager for CCU was wonderful. Supervisor was willing to stand up for his employees. Teamwork encouraged. Great working environment. Up to date equipment.
Pros
Equipment and teamwork
Cons
Floor plan can be a little difficult if patients are not close to each other.
Teamwork is very lacking
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVJuly 10, 2017
The job description DOES NOT match what you have to do. Your raise that you get at be beginning of the year is VERY LAUGHABLE! If your co workers see you struggling, forget it!
That's why the turnaround is so high.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Not appreciated for all the EXTRA errands tacked on, Very hard to get caught up on things that are in YOUR Job decription!.
good place to work
Materials management (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVMay 1, 2017
good place to work. Management is fair. Quick pace work. Great coworkers. caring staff with a chance for advancement. miss working at Bluefield Regional.
Pros
good work invorenment
Cons
lay off
workplace culture
Clinic Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVApril 7, 2017
The chain of command is somewhat off. Communication is not top priority like it should be throughout a healthcare facility, but overall the people I worked with as well as the doctor I worked under were wonderful.
I enjoyed working there.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVMarch 9, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Bluefield Regional Medical Center. My supervisor was fair and very likable. The professional staff was very enjoyable to work with. I liked my shift and the duties I performed.
Pros
liked my shift
Cons
mandate to stayin motels when snowing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluefield Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Bluefield Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location