Bluegrass.org Employee Reviews

The worse place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 19, 2018
This jo was stressful only because upper management would talk about employees behind their backs or to their faces, employees were treated poorly and not given the opportunity to advance. If a problem arose, employees did not get the support they needed to fix the problem.
I worked at Bluegrass Oakwood.
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 21, 2018
I worked at Bluegrass Oakwood for 7 years. I left as soon as I found a job that payed close to what I made there. I worked several different positions, and they all sucked, but none worse then floor staff or classroom staff. Management doesn't care about the front line workers.
Cons
Management is incompetent complaints complaints to higher admin goes unheard. .
Casemanager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 14, 2018
Once you make a supervisor or manager angry by challeging their incompetence, you are black balled from bluegrass.org. Especially if you are right....Not an organization that I would refer anyone to apply to. Their turnover is the proof.
Pros
Wages, Pto, vacation and sick days
Cons
Incompetent supervisors, admin, etc.
Company leaves staff unmotivated and dead on the inside
Residential Associate (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 10, 2018
There is hardly any chance of advancement, no raises for staff. Management treats staff with disrespect and devalues their lives outside of work. Outrageous overtime hours, sometimes working back to back double shifts for three to four days in a row.
No incentives to go above and beyond in work performance. Highly stressful work environment, super petty upper management. HR department is joke and constantly works against staff. Will not accomodate school or class schedules. Policies made and enacted set staff up for failure. Over worked, underpaid. I do not recommend working for this company at all.
This company does not care for their direct care staff.
Pros
The clients rock and the insurance is okay.
Cons
Pretty much everything from management down m.
It is extremely fast paced, stressful at times, but worth it for the families.
Case Manager/Support Broker (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 29, 2018
The people I work with are great! Some of the families I have came in contact with are amazing. I just need something closer to home and that has set hours.
Somerset facility is horrible!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 8, 2018
Management is beyond horrible. Too many chiefs. What one person gets away with another will get in trouble for. Stress level is high. They expect you to forsake your life for this job and expect you to bend over backwards for them when you are nothing but disposable to the company. They need to clean house of these "double-dippers" those who have retired and then came back in a higher paying position. Those individuals really screwed a lot of staff over when they had to do the mass lay-offs a few years back. Lets get rid of the 3 lowest paid in the department but keep these useless ones who are making 3x what those other employees were making. And I know for fact, considering I saw pay stubs and checked time sheets.
Ok place to work
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  KYMay 4, 2018
This job like many others depends on your supervisor. I’ve have good ones and bad ones. Don’t plan on getting rich here. Very low pay for the amount of work you do. No respect for clerical staff.
Pros
Nice amount of leave time
Cons
No raises
Great Place to work
Corporate Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 24, 2018
Bluegrass, had had it's ups and downs but, it is great to be able to work with people who actually care. The staff genuinely cares about the clients, and about the community.
great with schedule
CLS worker (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 7, 2018
Was really flexible with the hours you worked as long as their was notification in advance. Loved the management because they were easy to communicate with, ask any questions, and they gave a lot of encouragement.
Pros
scheduling hours
Cons
timesheets and paperwork
Compassionate Company
Regional Director of IDD Operations (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 1, 2018
I have worked for Bluegrass.org for 12 years and have watched management consistently support the mission and values of the organization by remaining client focused.
Mission Driven Organization
Regional Director of IDD Operations (Current Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYFebruary 1, 2018
Bluegrass is a great place to work! Bluegrass serves as the Community Mental Health Center for 17 counties located in central KY. As part of that mission, Bluegrass provides services for individuals with concerns related to mental health, substance use, and intellectual and developmental disabilities. The company often serves people who have been turned away elsewhere, and is dedicated to their mission of caring for KYs most vulnerable citizens. I have been blessed with fantastic managers and opportunities for advancement through this organization.
Pros
Fantastic team atmosphere, wonderful managers, family friendly
Cons
Challenging financial environment for the industry
Positive work environment
IDD Regional Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 1, 2018
Have worked for this company for 15 plus years. Family friendly, great staff members, and room for advancement. As any job in mental health, there are stressors and difficult situations, but have always felt supported.
Pros
Great benefits
Great experience
Staff (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 31, 2018
This is a great job to start out and understand mental health. I would recommend this company if you are looking for a position out of college to gain experience. However, there are no raises and minimal options for advancement, so I wouldn't expect anyone to stay around.
The turn over rate is high, and I would expect the low wages as the reasoning.
Policies and procedures are constantly changing, however your pay wont.
Offices throughout the state are closing, leaving clients without care, which is heart breaking.
Pros
experience, laid back atmosphere
Cons
wages, expectations
No pay increases for long term employees
not provided (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 30, 2018
Could be a great place to work but too many financial woes, leaving long-term employees with not much of an option but to look for other employment for advancement or to obtain higher pay. Very laid back atmosphere but also quite a bit behind on current market trends. Antiquated job titles, policies and workflows.
Pros
Laid back, welcoming, great folks to work with
Cons
no raises for long term staff, constant financial issues
Micromanagement, no raises
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayette County, KYJanuary 4, 2018
Managers like to micromanage everything. They like to tell you how to do your job even after you have done it for 15 years. They constantly hound you about productivity, even when it is out of your control and are always changing their policies and procedures. The cl is not the most important thing. The money is. There are no pay raises. There are no resources in many rural counties but management lives in the city and therefore do not understand or care.
Pros
Wonderful office staff
Cons
Everything else.
A good starter job for someone
IMPACT (Service Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Paris, KYNovember 30, 2017
It's a good starter job for someone, but the pay is low and you have to go back to school in order to move to a different position. The community I work in is great.
Pros
The people you work with are loving.
Cons
Low pay, no raises
excellent company
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 24, 2017
Excellent company very helpful
Everyone friendly
Not a hard job
Understanding Supervisors
Most enjoyable was the resources for special needs children
Great but not temporary
Medical Biller/Authorization Specialist(Temp) (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 22, 2017
I have the best boss that I've ever had there. However, they cannot promise me a permanent position and I'm moving to Louisville. If they could then I would absolutely stay
Pros
low stress
Cons
short breaks
Diverse population provides good experience
Outpatient Clinician (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYOctober 11, 2017
Working in community mental health is an experience like no other. Having the opportunity to serve your community, to provide excellent services to the foundation of the community is priceless.
Manger was great
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, KYOctober 1, 2017
Comprehensive cares all seem to be struggling financially. Bluegrass does have a high turnover rate because their pay is somewhat low and they don't offer a chance to increase pay with your experience or professional growth. Productivity expectations were rising without a rise in pay. The people there were great and the work environment supportive and caring. I couldn't have asked for a better manager: she was supportive, understanding, and easy to work with.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
pay and no chance for increase based on performance or experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluegrass.org. Our community is ready to answer.